• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I was on TV!"

Guest123_x1

Have you ever appeared in any media, whether it be a video, a newspaper article, or a television or radio broadcast that you didn't make yourself, and was not produced by your immediate friends or family either?

I've appeared in news media a few times in my life. When I was in Head Start, my picture appeared at least twice in The (Lapeer) County Press. I appeared a few other times in that same paper later in my youth.

Most recently, I appeared in a photo in Sunday's County Press, that was taken when my mom and I, along with others from Lapeer County, attended an "local office hours" session with Michigan State Representative Gary Howell.
    I also appeared in the video shot during that same office hours session that can be found on the Michigan State House Republicans page for Representative Howell (link to the video via YouTube, I'm in the red-striped T-shirt, forgive me for looking all derpy in that video).

Sirfetch’d

I was in the local paper various time for honor roll mentions. The only time I was ever on TV was for a fashion show my mom entered me in when I was 2. I was adorable af

Sirfetch’d

I haven't. :< Part of me kind of wants to be on TV someday, but knowing how camera shy I am... no thanks. ;_;

What if you were invited to a game show and could win millions? Would you do it then? 8D

Years
  • I've been in all four xD

I don't remember why I was in the newspaper but it was something from school. I've also had my picture in a dance magazine a few years ago alongside results from a big comp.

I was on the radio as a child because they randomly came into my school and interviewed us for no real reason as art of some promotion.

I've been on TV (though not featured in any way lol) as a result of a televised dance competition. I'm thankful that I wasn't one of the competitors interviewed because I'd have no idea what to say I'm sure.

I'm in heaps of YouTube videos because there's a guy who videos comps and uploads them so we can look for mistakes in our performances or watch other competitors etc.

Years
  • I've only been on TV once, it was on a program called Blue Peter in England. My town is famous for the pancake race (where people race through the streets holding frying pans with pancakes) and the show did a special episode where they visited our town during the race, I was only on for a few seconds, but my face was shown around the country xD

Sirfetch’d

what kind of game show are we talking about here? I always thought I'd be a decent participate in like, Family Feud!

Any kind! Family Feud works I guess!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yes I was for many times as I was a model and a former actor, ha. (:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    My name was in the credits of the two past seasons of Big Brother Canada

Years
  • One time when I was around 6-7, they were asking us about an earthquake that happened. Of course I didn't understand it because I was playing in an amusement park lol.

Years
  • The do a birthdays segment on CBeebies (BBC childrens channel) where you can send in birthday cards for your kids and they'll read them out on TV. My mum made one for my sister when she was like 3 and instead of putting just her picture on it she put the whole family.
    So technically just a picture of me but they did say my name out loud so I'm counting that lol.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • One time when I was around 6-7, they were asking us about an earthquake that happened. Of course I didn't understand it because I was playing in an amusement park lol.

LOL, you taught it was something related to an event within the park :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I was one of those dorks waving to the camera from behind the reporter during the 2010 Winter Olympics

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I've only ever appeared on local news channels during random events around the city I grew up in, or been in the Newspaper for school fundraisers/honor roll list/etc. My cousin was on Jerry Springer, though. He's the guy in the hat at 27:04..lmao. The whole thing is scripted, none of that is true. His real name is Coleton, but everything else was made up..haha. Cody isn't even his stepbrother, they're just friends -- And Coleton HAS a girlfriend named Felicia who he's been with for years and they have their own kid together. The whole thing was so ghetto, I don't know why he even agreed to fly out and do it. I cringe so hard when I watch it.

I don't know if it counts, but a picture that I took is on the cover of a mystery novel. It's a picture of me so I suppose I'm the model & photographer in this case, lmao.

Spoiler:

It looks SO fuzzy because the effects the author wanted on it were rather strange. She also wanted me to tweak with the DPI past what I recommended, but nevertheless..it's still something, I guess. c:

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I was on the local news back in elementary school. I think they were doing a story on our gym class for whatever reason.

Been in the newspaper for baseball a few times.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    My first day of college, I was interviewed by our county newspaper because the college was rolling out free tuition in exchange for community service (the school received a huge donation my senior year of high school and used it to provide the free tuition). The reporter wanted to know how the program was, how busy the school was, etc.

My senior year English teacher and Sociology teacher reached out and said they saw my name in the paper and that made me so happy <3

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I was on the big screen at a minor league baseball game once.

Im also in a few youtube videos where I called in to talk about politics.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I have been interviewed by local news after being coerced by my family to accept a request for one. Basically someone almost drove a car through my bedroom when I was fourteen which could have killed me if it weren't for a few things.

Back