• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Party Selecton Help

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
  • I have a bit in my game where the player enters a tournament.
    They way i'm doing it is

Player Picks (x) amount of pokemon and remove the rest.
    The later Restore the pokemon that where taken away.

I have been very stuck on this and also I can't find anything on the forums.

AlexSEIS

Bishamon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    I saw this but I though it was just for the battle fronier. Guess I didn't read it properly thanks

Go to thrill city , market place there will be a hiker who will sell you the gardevoirite for 20 ,000

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! A MEGA GARDEVOIR IS ALL I NEED, OR A SHINY ONE THO xD

OH AND CAN YOU GUYS GIVE TIPS ON HOW TO CATCH ROAMING LEGENDARY POKEMON? HAVING A HARD TIME CATCHING THE DORUS TRIO, THEY FLEE ALL THE TIME. THANKS!

Apoligise I know know how to bring up the Selection screen and restore the pokemon. How ever how do set up the event so if the player cancel you exit event procidings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Apoligise I know know how to bring up the Selection screen and restore the pokemon. How ever how do set up the event so if the player cancel you exit event procidings?

I haven't tested this but try running the script call in a conditional branch and putting an exit event.

I'll have a better look to it later.

Last edited:

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • I did that and it didn't work it only pick what ever was in the main branch

Code:
    PokemonSelection.choose(min, max, canCancel, acceptFainted)

Try PokemonSelection.choose(3, 3, true, false)

EDIT also:

loop do
    pbEntryScreen
    validPartyChosen=(pbBattleChallenge.getParty!=nil)
    break if(canCancel || validPartyChosen)
    break if pbBattleChallenge.getParty==nil
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Choose a Pokémon."))
    end

Back