• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sound the trumpets!!!! Music Appreciation Thread

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • What are your favorite music tracks in the game?

I think ORAS has some really good music, this battle music is my favorite though, I would want it to be my personal theme:

I used to really like the battle resort theme, but I've listened to it so much while hatching eggs that it's not one of my top ones anymore. But nice background music!

edit: My friend linked this to me, and I love the original in DPPt so ofc this remake is pretty good too:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

I loved it in Emerald, and I absolutely love it here too.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    my fave omg lol

Wait does this play ingame??? When???

If I recall correctly, the only time it actually plays in-game would be when you face the Battle Maison Battle Leaders. It's pretty unfortunate it's only used at that point in the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Zinnia's theme is the best out of the new music made for OR/AS. I like the remixed trainer battles, especially; other non-trainer themes I like are Slateport City and Route 121.

Edit: I don't count the non-ORAS legendary themes, as they were directly taken from their home games.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Nothing beats Wally's and Zinnia's themes in these games. Their themes make the battle more intense, especially Wally's. It feels like he's in a whole different level from before... He has grown up! And Zinnia's... It feels your battling such a mysterious and important character... It gives me chills.

Years
  • Game Freak created the music perfectly in ORAS. They captured the original nostalgic tone of some routes and cities whilst still keeping it fresh. Imo nothing beats the intro music, playing this game for the first time I was hit by waves of nostalgia by it and it reminded me of the days I would spend countless hours playing Emerald as a kid.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Game Freak created the music perfectly in ORAS. They captured the original nostalgic tone of some routes and cities whilst still keeping it fresh. Imo nothing beats the intro music, playing this game for the first time I was hit by waves of nostalgia by it and it reminded me of the days I would spend countless hours playing Emerald as a kid.

This is also why I really liked the legendary themes. I love the previous games so much and I'm glad they were able to keep them the same for ORAS.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • There were a couple themes I didn't like, like the title theme (it was amazing in the original RSE but this one just sounds TOO loud and annoying at first, it would be fine for another Pokemon game, but not for RSE remakes). I'm a huge fan of the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Champion themes, as well as the Regi themes and the themes for the other encounter legendaries and even Maxie/Archie's themes. All in all I think they did a great job remaking these songs from my childhood.

Guest123_x1

My two favorite OR/AS tracks are Petalburg City and Slateport City. Petalburg City's track has this 'serene' feel to it. Slateport, on the other hand, has a very upbeat sound, possibly giving off "let's get down to it" vibes.

Back