• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team

Okage

He who can defy Classifacation
Years
  • Hey guys, I'm back again with another team. This time, I made an OU team. Here it is:

Gardevoir @ Gadevoirite
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 16 Hp, 8 Def, 232 SpAtk, 252 Spe
    Moves: Psyshock, Focus Blast, Hyper Voice, Will-o-Wisp

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    Moves: Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Bug Bite

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Careful
    EV's: 244 Hp, 8 Def, 200 SpDef, 56 Spe
    Moves: Swords Dance, Earthquake, Facade, Roost

Volcanion @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 4 Hp, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
    Moves: Steam Eruption, Fire Blast, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
    Ability: Teravolt
    Nature: Mild
    EV's: 4 Atk, 252 Spatk, 252 Spe
    Moves: Ice Beam, Earth Power, Fusion Bolt, Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Spore, Bullet Seed, Mach Punch, Rock Tomb

I'd like it if I can keep all the Pokemon different types, but any and all advice and critique's are open.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Your team does not have a Spinner/Defogger but you have two Pokemon that are Stealth Rock weak. A hazard stacking team would likely eat you up since all but one of your pokes are susceptible to getting worn down, especially with the heavy Life Orb usage. Scizor can run a Defog set, though I'm not terribly fond of Defog Scizor (it doesn't do much besides Defog in my experience). Excadrill can provide you with a spinner while retaining a Steel type (you have enough Water and Fighting resists that it should be ok, Gliscor also provides much needed Ground immunity and the ability to absorb status/burns).

You also lack a setter of Stealth Rock, the most important move in the singles meta. Exacdrill can also provide this for you.

May want to run Scarf on Black Kyurem (options in place of Roost would be stuff like Dragon STAB, Iron Head, Hidden Power Fire, etc) instead of Life Orb, as the team could use that extra speed. Though there's other items that may work better, idk.

Okage

He who can defy Classifacation
    Years
  • Your team does not have a Spinner/Defogger but you have two Pokemon that are Stealth Rock weak. A hazard stacking team would likely eat you up since all but one of your pokes are susceptible to getting worn down, especially with the heavy Life Orb usage. Scizor can run a Defog set, though I'm not terribly fond of Defog Scizor (it doesn't do much besides Defog in my experience). Excadrill can provide you with a spinner while retaining a Steel type (you have enough Water and Fighting resists that it should be ok, Gliscor also provides much needed Ground immunity and the ability to absorb status/burns).

You also lack a setter of Stealth Rock, the most important move in the singles meta. Exacdrill can also provide this for you.

May want to run Scarf on Black Kyurem (options in place of Roost would be stuff like Dragon STAB, Iron Head, Hidden Power Fire, etc) instead of Life Orb, as the team could use that extra speed. Though there's other items that may work better, idk.

I see what you mean. Alright, here's what I'll do.

I'm going to change Kyurem-B's held item to the Choice Scarf to help boost it's speed and change it's Roost move to ether Outrage or Dragon Claw to give it 2 Physical and Special moves for it to use.

I'll change Gliscor into Excadrill:

Excadrill @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EV's: 248 Hp, 176 Def, 68 SpDef, 16 Spe
    Moves: Earthquake, Iron Head, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock

I'll change Scizor into Scolipede:

Scolipede @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Moves: Megahorn, Aqua Tail, Poison Jab, Baton Pass

(I might change remake this one into a spike setter depending on you're opinions.)

And finally, I'll change Barloom into Zapdos:

Zapdos@ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 248 Hp, 176 Def, 68 SpAtk, 16 Spe
    Moves: Volt Switch, Roost, Defog, Toxic

Are these changes good?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Replacing both Scizor and Breloom means you now don't have any priority moves, and priority is so nice to have. You'll want to run either Excadrill or Zapdos, but not both.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A few things:

You are running a fair few Life Orbs considering you have no way of removing hazards; before you know it that LO recoil and hazards damage will rack up. Personally I would l.ook into making Scizor a more defensive option, whether that is a Bulky SD set or a Defogger is up to you. The latter will definitely help with hazards coming your way and Volcanion helps cover its Fire weakness rather nicely. Something such as:

Scizor @ Leftovers
    EVs: 144 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def / 100 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - Knock Off
    - U-turn

This is moreso for utility - Knock Off will help remove Choice Items/Life Orbs and the like off Pokémon; Roost for recovery; Defog to remove hazards (as Scizor has a pretty decent time against most setters anyway) and U-Turn to pivot to a check/counter. We'll play to its naturally higher Defence, running 100 Speed EVs to creep bulky Volcanions/Heatrans and U-Turn outta there.

If you're using a more offensive Gliscor set, I'd recommend either a double booster or an Agility set, although I'm not too keen on this. If you're looking for a more offensive Ground/Flying I would go for Landorus-Therian. It has 4 less base Speed but packs an extra 50 base Attack. Whack a Scarf on this or stick to a more defensive set as you have done with Gliscor.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Stealth Rock/Knock Off
    - U-turn

Fairly standard Scarf set, most of your common threats will be checked/dealt with by other members of your team (namely Volcanion). The standard set will run Knock Off, however depending on your team setup you could also run Rocks to help break Sashes/Multiscales and rack up residual damage.

Volcanion is an absolute monster with Choice Specs, however I feel that a bulky set will be far more beneficial than a speedy set. Volcanion has a rather nice 80/120/90 defences to play with and with a pretty good typing + Water Absorb this thing can soak up a few hits. So a simple swap would be 252 Spe for 248 HP, running Modest instead of Timid. However here is a potential set to try out too:

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpA
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Earth Power/Sludge Bomb
    - Steam Eruption
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast

I have been using this set and it is actually working wonders. Using the boosts from both AV and the Defence EVs, you end up with 300+ in both, along with a rather formidable 363 HP and 354 Special Attack also. The movesets will depend what you are having problems with. Personally I would recommend Earth Power over Sludge Bomb as this allows you to dent other Volcanions and Heatrans and most Fairies will get dented for a similar amount with Steam Eruption/Fire Blast. Focus Blast will help you deal with the likes of Kyurem-Black.
    Azumarill walls Volcanion's STABs. Sure, it won't like getting burned by Steam Eruption, but outright dispatching it with Sludge Bomb is generally better, IMO.

Gliscor is better at bulky roles. The specially defensive Swords Dance set works wonders to break down stall, as Toxic Orb ensures that Gliscor is immune to burn, sleep, and paralysis, while Poison Heal provides passive recovery while Gliscor is poisoned. These aspects are what put Gliscor over the edge of Therian Landorus against stall teams.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    I see what you mean. Alright, here's what I'll do.

I'm going to change Kyurem-B's held item to the Choice Scarf to help boost it's speed and change it's Roost move to ether Outrage or Dragon Claw to give it 2 Physical and Special moves for it to use.

I'll change Gliscor into Excadrill:

Excadrill @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EV's: 248 Hp, 176 Def, 68 SpDef, 16 Spe
    Moves: Earthquake, Iron Head, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock

I'll change Scizor into Scolipede:

Scolipede @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Moves: Megahorn, Aqua Tail, Poison Jab, Baton Pass

(I might change remake this one into a spike setter depending on you're opinions.)

And finally, I'll change Barloom into Zapdos:

Zapdos@ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 248 Hp, 176 Def, 68 SpAtk, 16 Spe
    Moves: Volt Switch, Roost, Defog, Toxic

Are these changes good?

You usually don't need 2 separate spinner/defoggers. That wastes a move slot in my opinion. I would go with Heat Wave on Zapdos instead, since Zapdos is weak to rocks which makes it a worse defog/spinner than excadrill. Or just not change breloom to zapdos.

Back