• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mic implementation?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    I'm not extremely poke'savy but I do enjoy my fill of them.

Is it possible in x & y we'll see some form of microphone implementation into the games? Such as calling battle moves? Maybe thats to far in the future but we still do have 10 months to go

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

That works, until your on the train and start yelling out "Froakie, use bubblebeam!" It would be a nifty feature, maybe they could make it so you can access items in your bag with it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I agree that it would be really cool. I've also wanted creators to consider the implementation of mic interaction with the foreground. For instance, you could encounter a large pile of leaves blocking the path and instead of digging around for your oversized rake, you could blow into the mic and the leaves would scatter in an instant! Of course, this would be impractical, I think, and only useful in limited situations, but something like it would be fantastic!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    They do have mic conversations in trading and such but I don't think anyone actually uses them. In The World Ends With You they have moves that are done by blowing into the microphone and such, maybe they'll have a few like that where it's like Gust but the power depends on how hard you blow into the mic?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I'd love his idea too~! They can sort of incorporated it like the mic system on the Ace Attorney games, where you just shout 'Objection!' or 'Hold it!'. I'm not sure if the mic can read precise commands though; becaaaause normally I can just 'blow' on a mic instead of just shouting something and it can read a single specific command.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • maybe they'll have a few like that where it's like Gust but the power depends on how hard you blow into the mic?
    Yeessssss! Attacks like that and Hurricane, Featherdance, etc. could have additional or raised effects depending on how hard you blow into the mic. Maybe Featherdance would lower the Attack stage more, or something like Sky Drop's power could be reduced if you cause enough of a headwind to keep the opponent from throwing you down too hard, or soften your landing...

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    You know, that would be really, really cool. I've personally been wishing for this sort of thing the time I saw Diamond/Pearl, so it's a shame they didn't use the DS's microphone. Could be the latest gimmick this time around.

But yet I don't see it being used in place of, say, voice chat. Voice recognition can be flaky and you don't want to be issuing the wrong move as a result of an incorrect interpretation.

Honestly, the 3DS' voice recognition software isn't that bad, at least to confuse "Fly" and "Wing Attack".

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • *Is reminded of Hey You! Pikachu*

No, just no. I think it's best not to use the mic feature for a Pokemon game ever again.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've always wanted something like this, and when I learned that the DS had a microphone, my hope for voice command only increased at the time. I can see it getting awkward in public situations, but that's an easy fix since I'm betting if they ever implemented a feature like this, they'd still keep the touchscreen menu available.

*Is reminded of Hey You! Pikachu*

No, just no. I think it's best not to use the mic feature for a Pokemon game ever again.
    Honestly, the idea isn't that bad. If implemented correctly, then it should work fine. As technology advances, the probability of error will likely lessen. Plus, as I mentioned, I don't believe voice command would be our only existing option as they could still have the touchscreen menu for choosing moves in battle open.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    Hey you pikachu is about 10 years old is it not? I remember buying that game myself when I was like 10. The voice recognition wasn't exactly terrible but it wasn't spectacular. As someone said above there was a clear difference between fly & wing attack as an example.

I don't see the difficulty in it this many years later. I think it would be a time & resource issue at this point if they were considering it.

As someone also mentioned on a train example, I feel as there should be an option to turn it off & on if they did something like this.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Yeessssss! Attacks like that and Hurricane, Featherdance, etc. could have additional or raised effects depending on how hard you blow into the mic. Maybe Featherdance would lower the Attack stage more, or something like Sky Drop's power could be reduced if you cause enough of a headwind to keep the opponent from throwing you down too hard, or soften your landing...

Would that mean to make water gun work better, I must dribble into the microphone? :l

Anyway, The microphone will most likely comeback, but have no important use, I doubt they'd use it for battle systems, I don't really wanna ride a bus and say ''Pidgey used Gust'' and it ends with sand attack, sorry, but that's the kind of wind we could do without, eh pidgey?

They'll probably only really need it for 'Chatter' of Chatot's moveset.
    Not sure if it had other uses barring trading of course. underused

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Another fun idea - what if you could incorporate it with singing? Like hitting certain notes with the mic, maybe similar to Ocarina of Time and songs that do things...idk just throwing out ideas here.

Back