• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is this? I got this image from Pokemon Smash.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Screenshot.png;cid=1361661999784-190

Capture_3_12.png;cid=1361661999784-190

One: What could be behind that big question mark?
Two: What is in that image we could already see? (To me, it looks like the back of a Shiny Lucario)
448.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's weird to think they would reveal a new pokemon in such a way. Showing off a view of it's back....that makes no sense to me.

It looks like Lucario. I can't figure out why a Lucario warrants a reveal like that though.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If it were something, it would be on the news sites right? But still, one guys holding the question mark, the other is holding the Lucario pic. And where is that from anyway? Huh, it seems to be just part of a normal Pokemon Smash segment or something.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
If it were something, it would be on the news sites right? But still, one guys holding the question mark, the other is holding the Lucario pic. And where is that from anyway? Huh, it seems to be just part of a normal Pokemon Smash segment or something.
Pokemon Smash Preview at the end (58:01)

Uploaded 6 second footage on my alt:

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, I meant that its previewing a normal segment at the end of the ep, and its not some preview of a reveal. Everyone's holding a card like that, and pens as well. Its probably some kind of drawing contest or such.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Yeah, I meant that its previewing a normal segment at the end of the ep, and its not some preview of a reveal. Everyone's holding a card like that, and pens as well. Its probably some kind of drawing contest or such.
Yeah, but why hide it like that? There was also a Question mark over his mouth.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Added effect? Who knows, I just wouldn't take it as anything. I could be wrong, and they're giving us something next week, but I doubt it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They did that with the kid with the Yo-yo a few weeks ago and the guy that got shot by a smoke cannon in the face. They placed a ? over his face then. They just do that to build suspense for the next episode. As for the Lucario picture, its either a questionaire thing or a Lucario Wifi Event.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
So what you're saying is that this entire Pokemon Smash episode might not even be related to X/Y? XD Well, that must suck.
I'm pretty sure any more news concerning X and Y will be minimal until next month. That's what tends to happen in the early days of a newly announced game. We get little scraps of information, and nearer the time of release we suddenly get huge waves of new stuff as most of the new Pokemon are leaked onto the internet.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
It does suck, but it also means lots of speculation, which I enjoy. The hype surrounding the games makes it that much more exciting.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What ever may air on Smash will appear next week on Pokemon.com.

So far Pokemon.com has updated before the Japanese sources. Types for the Starters were updated on Pokemon.com before we got any other official source. Pokemon.com released Yveltal and Xerneas' names before they posted both on Twitter. Pokemon.com tehcnically released Sylveon before its "official release" through Coro Coro which was legally released on the 15th. So Sylveon was released on the 14th, Ninfia was released through official sales date for Coro Coro which is the 15th of the month, and Ninfia's video was officially released on the 17th during Pokemon Smash.

Pokemon.com has been releasing everything before other sources legally releasing theirs. Leaks do not count because they aren't official releases. They are releases before appropriate dates. Since Coro Coro releases for sale on the 15th all leaks are official on the 15th.

So before next week's Smash Pokemon.com should update. If it doesn't then there is a good chance that there is nothing new.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sort of takes away from the anticipation of watching these things if we're to get it the day before. However if that's so than we'll know on Friday, though I doubt it's anything important.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
To me... I feel they might actually be revealing either Sylveon's type or an evolution of Lucario that would appear in Pokémon X and Y.

Seeing as one has a question mark on it and the other shows the backside of Lucario.

But I guess we'll find out what it is that they reveal when the next Pokémon Smash airs on Sunday.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well, it's probably not about BW, since Lucario's backsprite isn't posed like that. So I'm guessing that screenshot is from XY. I really can't tell what that floating white circle in the middle of the shot is, though. A Pokeball thrown by the opponent? Of course, this is assuming it's a screenshot and not art of Lucario staring at the moon or something. Yeah, I dunno. -shrug-

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
To me... I feel they might actually be revealing either Sylveon's type or an evolution of Lucario that would appear in Pokémon X and Y.

Seeing as one has a question mark on it and the other shows the backside of Lucario.

But I guess we'll find out what it is that they reveal when the next Pokémon Smash airs on Sunday.

I think lucario has nothing to do with this but it is a cool picture. I think the ? will be a new pokemon though.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
There's something about the way Lucario's reacting to it that makes me wonder if this is really as big as we think it is. He looks like he's laughing or vomitting at the sight of it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, but why hide it like that? There was also a Question mark over his mouth.
One important thing to remember about Smash - or any other type of show from Japan in fact - is that the primary purpose isn't to give new X and Y info. It's to entertain kids with a variety of Pokemon-based things. They frequently do things to attract interest for the next show that has turned out to be nothing more exciting than a Japan-only wifi event, or some colouring comp, or whatnot. I would hold very little stock in this being X&Y info as such, especially as the game's release is still a very long time away. They're going to take their time in releasing info. Plus they tend to coincide with Coro coro info by maybe a week tops, and that happens middle of the month.

As it is, this having a picture of Lucario means nothing substantial at all; if anything it'd suggest this isn't new info being shown off but just something Lucario related. Maybe they're doing a joke about it. Or a wifi Lucario event. Or a picture contest given the pens mentioned by someone else. Let's not go reading too much into every little thing.

Back