• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
  • Paul picked up his glasses which had fallen off when he was kicked and wiped them clean. Next to him Slash bent down to see that he was alright, Paul knew that Slash was angry at the girl, Slash was protective and he would be fuming.

"No Slash, I want you to promise me you won't try to get revenge" Paul whispered, afraid to speak too loud, Slash just nodded once. Corey walked over to the two of them on the ground, he's very tall.

"Don't say a thing and do exactly what I say. Do you understand me?" Corey asked, Paul nodded.

"Right you return your pokemon" Paul returned Slash and placed the pokeball in Corey's hand.

"Do you have any other pokemon?" Corey asked, Paul lifted his t-shirt, showing his redand gold pokemon belt, there was one ball on it.

"Take it off and give it to me" Corey said holding out his hand again.

"But it..." Paul started saying.

"I don't care, just take it off!" shouted Corey, Paul reluctantly removed the belt and passed it to Corey.

"Right give me your bag" Paul removed the bag from his back and placed it on the ground infront of him. Corey picked it up and put it on his back.

"Get up and come with me now" Grabbing Paul's wrist and draging him up.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Chris?" Ashi said in a quiet voice, lightly kicking him in his sleeping bag. Not responding, Ashi kicked him again, a little harder. Chris sat up, looking bleakly at Ashi and rubbing his eyes. He looked like crap.

"Chris, we need to go. Grab your stuff. We're leaving," Ashi said, kicking him again to make sure he'd stay awake and walking back to camp.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "Five more minutes..." Chris groaned, turning over and burying his face in his pillow.

"Not five more minutes, now! We've got to go!" yelled Ashi, obviously getting a bit more annoyed and giving Chris' sleeping bag another kick.

"Alright... Alright..." Chris sighed as he got up out of his sleeping bag, forgetting he was in his boxers. "Uh, you can go now... I'll meet you there."

As Ashi walked back to camp, Chris put on extra pair which he carried around of jeans and a dark blue hooded sweatshirt with a Pokeball emblem where his heart was. His old clothes had gotten destroyed by knife cuts, sewage water, and dirt overall. He also put his two knives back onto his belt, one on each side, just in case.

After packing up his sleeping bag into his backpack and returning all of his Pokémon except for Dile (who promptly jumped onto his shoulder) and putting them on his belt, Chris put on his backpack and headed to the main camp area where the rest of the group was waiting.

"Good morning slash after-noon slash whatever." Chris yawned.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Yassan looked dumbfounded. "What resistance? I haven't noticed anything odd about this place, unless you count the absence of Pokemon in this area." Isabel looked at him like he was an idiot. "You mean you really don't know?" Yassan shook his head. "I only got here a couple of days ago, and I've been too busy trying to put as much distance between me and civilization as I can, so forgive me for not watching the news." Isabel gave him a condescending look. Yassan ignored her and stood up, then pulled his Sneasel out the hunter's back. Now that it was lighter out, he could see that the hunter was about his height. Pulling the hunter up, Yassan placed him against a tree. "Your shirt-give it to me." The hunter laughed, but shut up when Yassan popped Tyranitar out of it's pokeball. "Give it to me, your backpack as well." Muttering pathetically that Yassan would "Go to hell" the hunter reluctantly pulled off his shirt and stuffed it in his backpack, then handed the back pack to Yassan. Inspecting the contents, Yassan smiled. "Good. Tyranitar, Hyper Beam!" The hunter squealed and covered his head with his arms. Yassan laughed. "Just kidding you, mate, she don't know hyper beam." Turning to Isabel, he asked "So, what's this whole Uprising thing about?"

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • "You honestly don't know about what's happening here?" Isabel asked, her eyes widening.

Isabel ignored his treatment toward the Bounty Hunter and instead looked him over curiously. Was he being serious?

"The law," Isabel said slowly. "You don't know about the law? The law's why there aren't any Pokemon here. They're being deported."

There was a momentary silence.

"They blamed Pokemon for rising of gangs and violence and thought that it would all just go away if they got rid of them," she continued. "That's what we're fighting. That's what the Uprising is all about. We know that it's wrong to blame Pokemon for the Trainer's action, and we're trying to return things back to normal."

"Now if you'll excuse me," she turned. "I have to get back to my team."

(OOC: major rush :P)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    When Ashi came back, she grabbed what little she had and shoved it into a backpack. Everyone else was starting to put together what they had. Nodding slightly to herself, Ashi walked over to the truck, putting her bag into the glovebox and sat in the front seat, fingering the keys and the steering wheel. She looked over at camp and Corey, who had taken care of the boy by tying his hands together by rope, was looking at her, half puzzled and half irritated.

"What?" Ashi said, almost smiling. "I'm driving,"

(OOC: PlatniumPiano, LETS LIKE, FIGHT THIS OUT VERBALLY.)

dc_united

Years
  • "They blamed Pokemon for rising of gangs and violence and thought that it would all just go away if they got rid of them," she continued. "That's what we're fighting. That's what the Uprising is all about. We know that it's wrong to blame Pokemon for the Trainer's action, and we're trying to return things back to normal."

Yassan stood dumbfounded for a moment. Getting rid of Pokemon? That crossed a narrow line with him. Snarling, he picked up Sneasel and placed it on his shoulder. Turning to face the hunter, he snarled "Get outta here, scum. I'm letting you have a taste of a good day. Don't make me regret it." Whimpering, the man scurried off. Turning to small path of broken twigs and trampled leaves that Isabel had left in her wake. "Hey! HEY! Wait up! I'm coming with you!" He yelled, his accent getting much more sibilent as he hurried along the path.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • "Hey! HEY! Wait up! I'm coming with you!" She heard him yell as he rushed into the brush after her.

Isabel fought the instinct to run, reminding herself that he wasn't the enemy. At least not yet. She heard his footsteps slow as he approached and felt his breath faintly on the back of her neck. Isabel spun around and looked him in the eye, her expression turning firm.

"If you're coming with us," she said bluntly. "You have to answer to Ashi, myself, and... Chris. You'll meet Ashi and Chris in a second, but make sure you don't say or do anything to make them... Oh, I don't know! Make sure not to look down on them or take on their authority."

Isabel turned and continued on, wondering why she had added Chris to the list. She supposed that he had proven himself in Crystal City by pulling through even when being taken down more than once. She soon broke through into the clearing in which they were staying. She crossed her arms and looked everyone over with a smile, even the boy who was now tied up.

"So, who's driving?"

(OOC: let the battle BEGIN!!!)

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • "Ha ha..." laughed Corey. "You said that as if it was a question. Charming Isabel, but we both know that I am going to drive. I have the experience, and necessary skill in order to drive. These snowy condition may present a big deal to some, but no, not for I," he continued triumphantly," I've been driving since I was but a wee child in Cinnabar, and passed my driving test at the very top of the class. There is not better driver for this job than me, Isablel."

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Isabel fought the urge to groan inwardly. She realized that she had just unwittingly stepped into a court case in which she was the unwilling judge. She slipped over to where Chris stood and rolled her eyes so only he could see.

"I had to ask, didn't I," she said quietly, flashing him a smile before turning her attention to the rest of the group. "Okay, who else is it that wants to drive, dare I ask."

dc_united

Years
  • Yassan considered raising his hand, but then remembered Isabel's warning not to undermine her authority. Looking about, he didn't see the person to his right raise a hand, so he asked a question. "How are all of us going to fit in one car? Or are we going to make another trip back up here?"

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • "How are all of us going to fit in one car? Or are we going to make another trip back up here?" Yassan asked.

Isabel frowned and looked at the truck. Four or five people could fit inside, including the driver, but people could sit in the back. She stepped over to the bundles of warm clothing that had been purchased in Crystal City. Isabel picked them up and tossed them into the back.

"We can all fit," she said, picking up another bag. "But some of us are going to have to sit in back. Just be sure to stay warm."

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Ashi raised an eyebrow and leant out of the window

"Experience? Skill? You can't even pronounce Isabel's* name right," Ashi smirked, shaking her head slowly. "And we all know statistics show that female drivers are less likely to have accidents than males."

Corey frowned and went to open his mouth, but Ashi interrupted.

"You sir, do not have this," Ashi pulled her vest to the window, to show the inside, revealing the badge that Isabel had looked at in Crystal City, the badge that indicated that she was a person of trust in the Uprising.

"And besides, I'm the one in the front seat of the car, with the keys in the ignition." And that, was the trump card.

(OOC: *You said Isablel :P)

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • (OOC:Lol whoops)

"Statistics don't lie, but liars use statistics," Corey teased, "and yes I have experience and skill, and I don't care about that piece of metal you have." Corey was thinking of some way to prevent her from driving.

"I've got it," he said, "Let's have a battle to decide who drives."

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • (OOC: This is gunna be fun on a bun.)

Experience? Skill? You can't even pronounce Isabel's* name right," Ashi smirked, shaking her head slowly. "And we all know statistics show that female drivers are less likely to have accidents than males."

Chris and Dile rolled their eyes as the argument dragged on, with these two going at it, they might begin to leave in a few days. And that whole "sitting in the back" did not appeal to him right now. His head still gave a slight throb every once in a while, and sitting in a back of a truck going 60 m
    iles per hour to Frosty Gorge was not his idea of a good time.

"I've got it," Corey excitingly yelled, snapping Chris out of his daydream, "Let's have a battle to decide who drives."

"An old fashioned battle." Chris smiled, crossing his arms and giving a glance at Isabel. "I like it." Chris walked so he stood in between the two arguing, "I'll be ref, I've got some experience already." He saw Isabel let a slight grin out of the side of her mouth. He pointed to the where the camp used to be and continued. "Take your places on either side of the field and send out yo
    ur Pokemon. And please..." he paused, sighing "Don't hit the truck..."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Ashi leant back into the seat with a mocking yawn.

"I don't think so. One, you just want me out of the truck. Two, you already know I'm going to win. And three, we don't need to waste our Pokémon's strength on a measly battle," Ashi fixed up her hair in the rear view mirror, and turned back to the others.

"Isabel, who do you trust more? This noob, or me?"

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Isabel suddenly felt uncomfortable with making decisions. She shuffled her feet slightly and leaned up against the truck. Her thoughts shifted through her head, quickly pulling together an idea. It wasn't the best way to solve this scenario, but it would work.

This kind of thing seems to always have to fall on my shoulders, she thought.

"Ashi," Isabel sighed. "We don't exactly have anywhere to be right now, and it would actually be better if we got to Frosty Gorge when it was dark. I-I think you should do the battle."

She walked over to where Chris stood and crossed her arms.

"It wouldn't be a waste of energy," she continued. "You aren't going to be battling until your Pokemon faint, at least, not unless you allow them to. We have to start training in order to get stronger, and here's you two's chance."

Isabel stood motionless, waiting for their response.

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • "You're attitude is sickening. If you were back where I grew up, you wouldn't be a snotty, stuck-up priss with no respect for anyone," Corey insulted, putting his plan in motion. "I think that a battle is a perfect way to settle this, of course if you aren't afraid of loosing. I say we should fight until they faint, that way the looser knows their place; no throwing in the towel like a pansy. If you can't respect your elders, Ashi, I'll just teach you to respect your betters," And with that, Corey grabbed a Pokeball from his belt, ready for the fight to begin.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • "Shut up, both of you!" Isabel shouted, her voice easily spreading across the small clearing.

"You," Isabel pointed a finger at Ashi. "You need to realize that there are other people just as capable as you to drive a car from town to town. You're a great member, Ashi. But you're not the only member."

"And you," Isabel directed her attention to Corey. "Should learn to take other's emotions into consideration before shooting off your mouth. I don't care what Pokemon you have or whose son you are. All I care about is what you stand for. Would you rather fight this battle alone, or with your team?"

Isabel knew that she had hit both of them hard, but this was just ridiculous. Was her plan even worth it? It didn't really matter who drove... Isabel turned to Chris and shrugged helplessly, unsure of how to continue.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Ashi shrugged her shoulders and got out of the car. It felt kind of weird to be told off by somebody younger than her. She walked up to Corey and shook her head, placing the keys she had just pulled out into his hands.

"I need to sleep," She said slowly. "Don't bother calling me a priss, take a good look at yourself. And I know I'm not the only member. If I was, I wouldn't have bothered to actually care and save you when you were pretty much like a caged Pidgey," Ashi looked at Isabel hard. Before the others could reply, she opened the back of the truck and jumped in, squeezing herself into the corner and closing her eyes, Lone now released and curled up against her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back