• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

phantump

hex maniac vivi
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    ugh... i'm in the middle of my longest hunt yet. i'm going for a shiny woobat with it's hidden ability and i haven't even seen one even though i've hatched 2,690 eggs. i'm exhausted :(

i know for sure i'm just having terrible luck, but then there's that part of me that's like what the heck am i doing something wrong?? i AM breeding a female woobat from my own game with a male swablu from my y, which is an english game set to french, which i know DOES work because i've already gotten 3 shinies from it. i mean, they were all bred from a different pokemon but they were all french males from that game, and yes they all do have french language tags on them so YES i know it should work and that it is working, but.... gah why is my luck so horrible??

i've been going nonstop for 5 days now; my friend suggested that i take a break but i feel like if i do then it won't really make a difference, it'll just take longer in the end... grr. i really hope i get it before 3k because this is getting ridiculous and i literally am like physically exhausted omg

ghdfkjgdf!!! better go clear out my boxes and try some more... ;~;

Years
  • Yeah, I guess even if the Masuda Method works, getting a Shiny is no guarantee at all. I am trying for a shiny Ralts, but lost count, as I started releasing them instead of filling up Box Space. Feels like 1000, tho TwT

But I shall not give up, and so shall neither of you others that want a Shiny Pokémon!

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • I finally got my modest shiny chlorophyl bulbasaur. It took a ridiculously long time. But now I have the complete set: Charmander Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Charmander: 150 eggs
    Squirtle: 200 eggs
    Bulbasaur: 2420 eggs

I got two Bulbasaurs in that time btw. The first one had Overgrow and was at about 1700 eggs.

Wow, very nice! Lucky you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    ugh... i'm in the middle of my longest hunt yet. i'm going for a shiny woobat with it's hidden ability and i haven't even seen one even though i've hatched 2,690 eggs. i'm exhausted :(

i know for sure i'm just having terrible luck, but then there's that part of me that's like what the heck am i doing something wrong?? i AM breeding a female woobat from my own game with a male swablu from my y, which is an english game set to french, which i know DOES work because i've already gotten 3 shinies from it. i mean, they were all bred from a different pokemon but they were all french males from that game, and yes they all do have french language tags on them so YES i know it should work and that it is working, but.... gah why is my luck so horrible??

i've been going nonstop for 5 days now; my friend suggested that i take a break but i feel like if i do then it won't really make a difference, it'll just take longer in the end... grr. i really hope i get it before 3k because this is getting ridiculous and i literally am like physically exhausted omg

If you have other shinies you're willing to trade, I'd also recommend going to various forums and posting up wanted ads and setting it to subscription. You might have luck getting a trade for a shiny one. Might help you while you continue using masuda as well. The more methods you're using, the more chance for luck that there is. <3

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Well, at some point yes. So you have to make sure that you save right after you dropped of the two pokemon you want to breed in the Daycare. Then gather the eggs, hatch them, if they're not shiny, soft reset.

why not just keep getting more eggs?

phantump

hex maniac vivi
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    oh my GOSH!!! on my 2,724th egg i finally hatched my shiny woobat!! what's even better is that i managed to get it live, i've been wanting to do youtube hunts and i got my reaction on camera which was basically me going "oh my god oh my god oh my god" ovER AND OVER AGAIN but MAN!!!

he's a boy and thank god he has his hidden ability!! i really wanted a girl but i literally do not even care l o l, he has perfect ivs in everything but hp and 4 egg moves, and to top it all off in a luxury ball!! <3

and xxcassiexx, i actually really like hatching my own shinies, so trading isn't really for me, but thank you for the advice! :')

i hope no one else has to go through a horrible hunt like i did!!

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013

Hang in there! Persistence is key to the MM! I can see that you've already come so far, it has to come; no, it will come! {:3}

After reading about your MM setup, I can assure you it is in excellent order. So don't fret about it!

Now to update on my current hunt. I am currently MM'ing for a male Swirlix + its HA for the past few days; with no luck so far except frustratingly getting 2 shiny female Swirlixes. Since I am completely OCD about the gender for my poke to be male, especially the ones on my main team, I boxed the shiny female Swirlixes. After this hunt is through, I'll finally be done with my last priority shiny that I want to hunt in X&Y! ^^

Edit: Greninja'd
    Haha congrats! You deserved it!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am still hunting for my shiny fennekin ;-; It's been about three weeks now. Gotta be in the thousands by now. Really hoping it comes soon. Thought about giving up a few times though.

Years
  • right now i'm currently hunting for a shiny beldum :) my first MM hunt ever and hopefully my first shiny ever if i don't give up.. currently about 45 eggs in :) any tips on speeding up the process of obtaining eggs?

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Hunting a shiny gligar .... Hatched a female one.... And with out immunity, In under 20 eggs... I Guess i ll keep on hatching more until i get an immunity male

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • right now i'm currently hunting for a shiny beldum :) my first MM hunt ever and hopefully my first shiny ever if i don't give up.. currently about 45 eggs in :) any tips on speeding up the process of obtaining eggs?
    It helps to actually be trying to get 5-6 perfect IVs, and to take breaks and go to the Battle Chateu. That way you are focused on a task you know you can complete, while still having a good chance to get a shiny :)

I tried back-to-back-to-back hatching, but I fall asleep or get bored. I also do some hatching while watching Netflix occasionally.

Years
  • Let me explain.

When you put two Pokemon in the Daycare, the first egg (and only the first) you get has always the same value, so here's what you got to do to be able to use soft reset :

Step 1 : Save before the daycare man, take five eggs, hatch them, see if there's any shiny.

If there isn't, you know that the first egg will never be shiny.

Step 2 : Reset your game, reject the first egg or box it, take five eggs, hatch them.

Step 3 : Rinse and repeat untif you find your shiny.

Here you go, I also use the Lumiose trick + Hatch O Power Level 3 and of course Flame Body to speed things up.

Hope that helped. :)

Is there any advantage to this as opposed to just getting each and every egg one ofter the other?

Years
  • Well, you don't have to place the Pokemon in the PC or release them, you can just soft reset directly so I think it's a bit faster. But not by much.

Plus you don't need to wait for the Hatch O Power to recharge, (especially if it's a Level 3) you can just use it again and again this way.

And personnally, all my Pc boxes are full now because I hatched and wonder traded too much Ralts, so...

Both methods are fine, but I prefer this one.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm not sure there is any difference. I'd rather get news eggs as they come, instead of resetting my game over and over.

Years
  • That's what I did too, but I don't really like releasing Pokemon, it kinds of feel like it's a waste, and since there's the Wonder Trade and all, that doesn't help either.

I just can't keep all those eggs/hatched Pokemon, and releasing all those poor things doesn't suit well with me either since we're talking about hundreds here, so soft reset it is!

But that's a personal choice. :)

Oh and I find it easier to use this method since I'm always doing something else at the same time, like reading, watching anime or something.

Last edited:

4O4

Error 4O4
    Years
  • Is there any advantage to this as opposed to just getting each and every egg one ofter the other?

Will this work with a Ditto and a Non foreign pokemon? Or Do I need 2 of the same pokemon? Or what?
    Im trying to get a shiny Garchomp, Houndoom, Ampharos, Galvantula, Gyarados, and Gardevoir.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Will this work with a Ditto and a Non foreign pokemon? Or Do I need 2 of the same pokemon? Or what?
    Im trying to get a shiny Garchomp, Houndoom, Ampharos, Galvantula, Gyarados, and Gardevoir.
    The two breeders just need to be from different regions to have a better chance at getting the shiny baby.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • As long as they are different regions, it works. If you can get a Ditto off of the GTS that is a different region from your own, that is all you will ever need.

Back