• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how intelligent do you think you are

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
i think this is a fair question to ask because the amount of ridiculously ignorant posts i read on this forum far outnumber the ones that actually make sense

edit: for clarity. let's divide it into different types of intelligence; street smarts, social intelligence, academic intelligence and forum intelligence (ie how intelligent your opinions are in threads that ask for them)

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Meh, people seem to think I am, I wear glasses, but I'm more of a dork then a geek. You could say I am in a fair amount of top set classes, but honestly I feel like I don't have a clue whats going on. xD I ain't saying I'm stupid though, my results are quite good.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I find the opening post to be extremely ironic, to be perfectly honest. At any rate, I think it's pretty dumb to worry about how intelligent you are. It's a pretty pretentious and self absorbed thing to worry about. How would you even measure your intelligence in a coherent and comprehensive way? By taking an IQ test? By looking at your qualifications? Even if I did have an out right answer to the topic, I wouldn't have anything to compare it to. There is no one way track to level of intelligence. Look at Freud, he speaks about moral development and how it will relate to what someone learns, and moral development is different from every person, meaning that every person has a different form of intelligence. Some perhaps have the ability to argue well, some might know a lot about mathematics and another might be extremely good at art and know quite a lot about the field. I use the final example, because some say that there is a difference between how people approach math, and how they approach art. This may be true to an extent, but you need to learn a hell of a lot of theory to be good at art. This theory is not learned by the same part of your brain which creates the pretty pictures.

What I'm saying is, there isn't a way to measure anyone's intelligence. Obviously some people have problems which restrains them from learning as much as the average person, I'm not under any illusion that we're all equals. But the fact of the matter is, where Hawking excelled in science, Picasso excelled in art, there is no valid argument to state that one might have been smarter than the other (the gap in time taken into account).

I don't think I'm an idiot, but when it comes to certain areas, I am. But I have talents and know a lot about certain things, meaning I'm probably intelligent in those. So, in all honesty, it depends on the subject. I could be the simplest person you've met, or I could seem insightful. Unless I was on the internet, in which case, it's quite easy to feign intelligence.

Anders

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I think I'm PRETTY intelligent. If I cared enough I would destroy everybody on this forum with my flawless logic in any argument I felt like arguing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
how is the opening post IRONIC in any possible way abnegation

Because you're clearly making a thinly-veiled attempt at trolling and/or flamebaiting, which is just who you are.

Anyway, I like to think that I'm fairly intelligent. I'm well-spoken, I have good grammar, I can put together coherent arguments, I can see through people's bs etc.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Anyways I guess I'm intelligent, in my school everyone always tries and choose me for collaboration projects and such.

Last edited:

Ascaris

boogey
Years
I'm well-spoken, I have good grammar, I can put together coherent arguments, I can see through people's bs etc.

i wouldnt be boasting about good grammar while simultaneously making run-on, grammatically erroneous sentences littered with commas where there should be, at the very least, semi-colons.

on topic if someone asked me straight-up if i was intelligent id say yes. however as abnegation said you cant measure intelligence. its not a quantifiable trait.

Years
How smart I think I am feel depends on who I'm around, how I'm feeling, and what I've been doing lately.

If I find myself surrounded by lots of witty people I feel dumb. If I'm around people older than me who can't even type on a computer or remember something I said a minute ago I feel smarter. If I'm in a good mood I feel smarter and when I'm feeling down I don't think I'm all that smart. If I've been using my brain recently (such as with reading, writing or some similar activity) I tend to feel more intelligent than I do when I've been sitting around watching television.

Years
Guys? Either behave yourselves in this thread or I'm going to close it and hand out warnings. I don't want to see any more smart comments from anyone.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
I am pretty smart for my age and I have accelerated classes in my middle school.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm average in every way. I think I'm better than a lot of people, but that's not because I'm particularly intelligent, it's because so many others are unremarkable.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, I used to be somewhat of a genius when I was really young... my school even made me take an IQ test, because I was doing multiplication/division in my head, when everyone else was just starting to learn addition/subtraction, and I got a 167. (I doubt its accuracy though... I figure it was probably pretty high, but IQ tests aren't reliable at all, especially one designed for a 6 year old.)

That said, I got really stupid when I got older. I literally don't remember how to do multiplication or division. At all. I even failed Calculus. I couldn't wrap my head around it at all. (No drugs or alcohol involved. lol)

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Well I'm fairly smart, or at least... I think I am. I do well in school and dont find very many things particularly difficult and I understand stuff.
I'm not even entirley sure what street smarts is. But apparently I have them. xD;

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
Years
I've always been the smartest student in my school, except for handwriting, which they stopped grading in 4th grade, so now im currently the smartest

Years
Guys? Either behave yourselves in this thread or I'm going to close it and hand out warnings. I don't want to see any more smart comments from anyone.
Then how are we supposed to display intelligence?

Either way, lemme use my extreme intelligence to come up with a good answer... Oh look I just said how intelligent how am.

For clarity:
street smarts: Sorry, I'm not homeless.
social intelligence: I'm not that much of a social person, in fact I rarely speak. I guess I have nothing to say on this.
academic intelligence: The best student in class.
forum intelligence: I'd like that Livewire would allow me to openly mock people with different.. I mean, irrational opinions. I really dunno what to say about this. As you described it, anyone is getting 1337 points at this because that's only something others can judge.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm pretty intelligent. I'd say more then the average kid my age seeing as I'm in all college classes and I'm ranked 4th in school for my grade. (Well, was for last year.)

Back