• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Origins: How Have Your Pulls Been?

Simmeon

Pokéman
Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Has anyone bought any packs or booster boxes for Ancient Origins?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I purchased one ETB for my birthday.

I pulled a Kyogre ex and 3 regular holos, one ancient trait holo.

Seems mixed from what i've read

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've opened 2 etbs, the first had 2 holos the second had a Trainers' Mail and a Machamp ex, in my first 27 packs I had two Hoopa Ex, but those were from Walmart, my recent exs cam from from Target.

I also got an Ampaharos ex today. One thing I've noticed is duplicate non holo rares are common, my etb had 2 Claydol rares and like I said the two Hoopa exs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    I went to a pre-release event and was thrilled with the deck I built - I got two Enteis (the two different versions), a couple of Unown (which I liked for their ability) and a Tyranitar EX. I also won second place at the event and got three more booster packs as my prize - one of which included a full-art Machamp EX that I'm dying to use! I can't wait for pay day to come around so I can go get some more boosters. :D

Simmeon

Pokéman
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I just watched the pck attackers they opened two boosters and got a ton of EX's and some SR's..

Think I'll still to blisters..cause the boxes are hit and miss.

AKA EPIC WIN or EPIC FAIL

Years
  • Not too good lol. Right now I am only able to get the untradeable 5 card packs on the online game. I really should start buying packs and stuff again instead of games. Or at least but a lot less games on priority.

I think I can do that for this school year. Time to raid Walmart and (even better as it's the best place to get Pokemon in my town) Target. Seriously, my target has TWO sections of Pokemon cards and each one has a crap ton of things to choose from. Yadda yadda rambline trading some my old rotated out cards for money or updated cards.

Stealthfire

Steel-Type Master
    Years
  • I have opened about 25 or so packs, and I've pulled Ampharos EX, Hoopa EX, and a Steven FA. Other than that, I've gotten most of the Ancient Trait cards, except for the Metagross, which I was really looking for. So it's definitely better than Roaring Skies and Primal Clash, but getting the cards I really want is going to be murder.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    RS pulls were better for me online and real life but AO Sucked for me online opened like 6 or 7 packs and got no EX thats why i traded my 2 tournament packs for a M Gallade EX and i got a M Gallade FA EX from 3 RS packs but nothing from AO , but PC pulls are even better for me.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Our first pulls were today, actually; our Elite Trainer Box just arrived a couple hours ago. Only cards worth noting were a Holo Entei (not the biggest fan) and a Hoopa-EX (very happy about this.) I've noticed in general from the pack openings I've watched that the pull rate isn't very good in this set, though. The Regis, Gyarados, and Metagross are just way too common.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My Ancient Origins pulls are turning around, I bought 3 packs yesterday from GameStop and got the full art gold M Rayquaza, it's my first full art from AO and between 4 Bandit Ring boxes and about 35 AO packs I've only pulled 5 full arts, 2 Primal Groudon, 2 Mega Rayquaza and 1 Primal Kyorge.

I'm not buying too much of this set from stores since I'm planning to get a booster case next month.

Simmeon

Pokéman
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I purchased one ETB for my birthday.

I pulled a Kyogre ex and 3 regular holos, one ancient trait holo.

Seems mixed from what i've read

That's pretty good seeing as you got an Elite Trainer Box..

Simmeon

Pokéman
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I've opened 2 etbs, the first had 2 holos the second had a Trainers' Mail and a Machamp ex, in my first 27 packs I had two Hoopa Ex, but those were from Walmart, my recent exs cam from from Target.

I also got an Ampaharos ex today. One thing I've noticed is duplicate non holo rares are common, my etb had 2 Claydol rares and like I said the two Hoopa exs.

I love the FA Ampaharos with all the Hair flying around.

Simmeon

Pokéman
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Our first pulls were today, actually; our Elite Trainer Box just arrived a couple hours ago. Only cards worth noting were a Holo Entei (not the biggest fan) and a Hoopa-EX (very happy about this.) I've noticed in general from the pack openings I've watched that the pull rate isn't very good in this set, though. The Regis, Gyarados, and Metagross are just way too common.

Every time i see a REGI in an opening it makes me sick :D

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Every time i see a REGI in an opening it makes me sick :D
    The one I mind the most is Regice... for some reason it just seems twice as common as the rest, and I HATE the artwork on the card. At least Regirock and Registeel have good art.

Back