• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orange

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    *In best Dr. Nick voice* Hi, everybody! :P It's about time I posted my idea here; I'm not going to start work on it yet, though, because I lack the resources (first & foremost, a less ancient comp) to do much right now. I do, however, have some of my ideas ready.

Plot: Check the below post.

Region: Now THIS will be a MAJOR twist from the usual; you see, it's just not possible that the entire Pokemon universe is encompassed in its equivalent of Japan. Sooooo, this region won't - rather, it'll be the equivalent of Orange County, California. Why there? I was born & raised there. :P

New Types: Complain all ya' want that they're unnecessary, but I respectfully disagree. If you want an explanation, here's why: Light: Ok, there's a Dark type, but no Light type. And no, Normal does NOT count. Sonic: When I first saw this in Titanium / Iron, I was unsure about it. But y'know what? Sound waves can do things that should classify certain sound-based moves under their own type, if you think about it long enough.

I shall work out the weaknesses, resistances, etc. soon.

New Pokemon: Again, complain that they're unnecessary, but again, I respectfully disagree. I was also against them, myself, but I've grown to like the idea.

To elaborate on this more, I am making a few myself, but I've seen too many excellent Fakemon circulating around to not want to ask to include some others' Fakemon in the game. Believe me, you'll get 1000% credit for them, and probably a Trainer named after you, in exchange.

I will leak the names of 2 of my own that I started work on: Zapoodle & Zapaniel - both Normal/Electric.

New Attacks & Abilities: Obviously.

New Alternate Colors: Why not?

Person vs. Person Fights on occasion: I know I did sorta' take this idea from another fangame; please lemme' know which one - I forget. Credit is due where it's due. I liked the idea so much that I just want to implement it.

Introduction of Various Ethnic Groups: Now THIS is different. For the first time, you'll also see black & Latino Trainers in the mix. In fact, the Mexican community is quite large in the O.C., so it's only appropriate. One of the Gym Leaders WILL be Mexican, for sure, as well as a black Gym Leader.

I will unveil a few more ideas eventually, but for now this will do.

Last edited:

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Behold, in just about a half an hour, I've made what I consider to be a pretty damn good storyline:

"Most people are familiar with the stories of Pokemon Trainers from the continent of Japan. But, all the way across the globe, in the United States, an all-new adventure is about to take place........

A 13-year-old boy from the small city of Parkville has just received the letter he had been waiting for - the acceptance letter from the National Trainer's Association (NTA) to become a full-fledged Pokemon Trainer. He's so excited, he can't contain himself, and he leaps into the air happily - only to fall on his ass on the concrete. His friend from school, a 14-year-old girl, sees it & laughs. They've planned to go together today to the NTA Trainer's Office in Millerton to get their Pokedex & Starter Pokemon. Little do they know that they've picked a bad day to do so.....

Over in Millerton, the NTA's head professor, Valencia Chapman, is unaware of what is about to occur. The 2 teens make it over there, just in time to witness a notorious Latino gang, known as the (?), break in & demand all their Pokemon & money. However, Professor Chapman sends out her Salamence, and they all get a painful taste of its Hyper Beam instead. The police then come & arrest all of the gang members. Although some destruction was caused by the Salamence's attack, the other employees are just happy that they didn't get away with anything. After the police leave, the 2 friends step through the giant hole & enter the office, only to find out that all the Pokemon WERE stolen - several gang members had come around the back while Chapman was taking care of the ones that came through the front. However, one of each Starter had been taken by her prior to this, so the 2 still are able to select their Starters & receive their Pokedex without any problems.

All of a sudden, a 3rd Trainer, a teen wearing a white uniform, storms past the 2 & attacks the Professor while her guard's down, and steals the 3rd Starter. He then calls out a Xatu & Teleports off. The Professor's okay, but is pissed that there have been 2 robberies in one day, and that she was caught offguard like that. The 2 teens try to calm her down, and eventually she does & tells them where the 1st Gym is. They then both go to the boy's house, and his mom gives them both 6 empty Pokeballs, the girl's having been left for her by her father before he went to work. Then they both finally set off for their adventure..........

.......an adventure much, MUCH larger than they could've ever imagined......... There are also several other criminal organizations, including the one involving the Trainer in the white uniform, that are to cause major trouble - some that can threaten the entire human race......"

Back