• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I have quite a few shinies in my X version.
    First off the migrated ones from White 2. Those are mostly
    legendaries. In X itself I hatched a shiny remoraid via the masuda method.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • While I was building a hail theme team, I decided to get myself a shiny Snover through Matsuda method and braced myself for a long effort of hatching eggs, but I immediately got myself the shiny snover after hatching 5 eggs. Talk about a pleasant surprise cause the last pokemon that I MM'ed took around 1200+ eggs.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • With the amount of breeding I was doing lately with my Jap Ditto I bred so many Shinies I didn't even want -.-
    They all have good natures and good EV's though so it's not that bad.

When I EV train my pokémon trough hordes and I need to train 6 of my mons there is most likely always 1 horde to have a shiny pokémon in it. I don't know if it's confirmed that hordes have a higher shiny rate like the friend safari. But I thought it was kinda strange I encouter this many shinies in hordes and in my eggs.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Man! I never know how you guys do it. Im on my 645th egg for a shiny Abra with Masuda Method. :'(

Just keep it up..! You'll get your shiny Abra soon.. :)

Also, if you'd like, you could Pokeradar chain for it in Route 5. It's relatively easy, even for my impatient self..

Last edited:

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    I'm curious, have you guys ever lost a shiny in X/Y? I had a friend who lost a Geodud in a horde after all of them used magnitude, but personally I haven't.

Almost accidentally killed a shiny Gyarados who got confused and started killing herself..so I had to master ball it..

Years
  • I'm curious, have you guys ever lost a shiny in X/Y? I had a friend who lost a Geodud in a horde after all of them used magnitude, but personally I haven't.

I found a shiny male Pyroar in friend safari once... I was happy... Then I forgot they know take down and I used false swipe. Bleh. There goes my Mufasa. And I also lost a shiny Zangoose to a horde of angry Seviper. Oh, the sting of despair.

Years
  • other than event gengar in X and Y from pokemon gold -AS I've never encountered a shiny never traded for one either as never had the legendary someone wanted for theirs lol

so my luck with shiny nonexistence lol

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I'm curious, have you guys ever lost a shiny in X/Y? I had a friend who lost a Geodud in a horde after all of them used magnitude, but personally I haven't.
    I encountered a shiny vaniluxe in a horde battle but I KO'ed it because I didn't care about it and I was EV training my teams.

DragonRider214

Shiny Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Recently i have been trying to get a shiny Eevee through the Masuda method so i could have a cool shiny umbreon! im on my sixteenth box

Years
  • So, I was in a route using the Poke Radar. All fun and dandy, right? Then I ran into this fellow.
    327.png

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I'm curious, have you guys ever lost a shiny in X/Y? I had a friend who lost a Geodud in a horde after all of them used magnitude, but personally I haven't.

I don't recall which Pokemon I've fainted that were shiny... I know at least twice I have used False Swipe, then had the darn thing use a move that they take damage themselves and faint. I feel like X/Y with Shiny charm has been lucky enough for me though, that the few times it's happened hasn't left me TOO heartbroken.

While trying to collect female-HA-Premier Ball pokemon through Horde battles I found a lot of shinies, close to a full box of them. I get so much on autopilot of running away if it's not a species that I am after that I once ran away from a shiny Murkrow.... only to encounter another two hordes later! Guess the game really wanted to make sure that I got my Murkrow!

Shiny hunting is like a side quest of mine. I do not try too hard (i.e. no chain fishing), but I do attempt to capture each one that I encounter.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I never ran into a single shiny or got one in a trade until Gen 6.

Knowing Shiny Chances were higher in Gen 6 I tried a few things:

Hatching eggs for a shiny Ralts using the Masuda method - No dice
    Chain fishing - Nada
    Running around for ages in tall grass - Nothing.

Then on Route 10 whilst rushing back to a Pokemon Center:
    'A wild Golett appeared.'
    The green eyed automaton Pokemon had stars come out of it.
    I used my Sylveon to whittle it's health down and just avoided KOing it.
    One Great ball later I had my first ever shiny.

I got a Shiny Crobat off someone for a spare Kyogre I got in a trade.
    I wasn't feeling the pink colour scheme and already had a good regular bat.
    Traded it for a Hoopa for Pokedex purposes.
    Traded Hoopa for Shiny Gardevoir. I now had my favourite Pokemon in Shiny form.

I also found two shiny Gibles. One male, one female on consecutive days without looking for them. In fact the male was my first encounter in the Badlands and I didn't even know Gible was in the game. I caught both having my Pikachu weaken them.

The female has a 'Naughty' nature which means I will in time have a Magenta Mega Garchomp which hits even harder.

Two Gibles, A Gardevoir, A Crobat and a Golett. I've been really lucky.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I don't remember if I posted anything about my shiny badge quest on this club...

But I started a shiny badge quest a while ago and currently I have 5 shinies on it. Marshtomp, nuzleaf, hariyama , swablu, and numel are my current shinies for my OR

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • My first Gen 6 shiny was a shiny male Nidoran in a horde, I named him Beck from TV show Victorious
    My most recent shiny was a shiny female Bunnelby on Route 5 I named her Alice from the anime Pandora Hearts

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My Shiny's since getting the Shiny Charm.

Female Yanma (Nicknamed Cinderella) -Hoard
    Female Mime Jr - Hoard
    Male Ralts - GTS for Klang
    Male Zubat - GTS for a spare Zygarde I had.
    Male Abra (Nicknamed Nostradamus) - Friend Safari
    Female Flabebe (Nicknamed Lucky) - Random Encounter

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Soo, I figured this thread might've died down over time, but I see you all remain as hardy as ever~ Life's changed a lot for me, and I haven't had much time to do shiny hunting...

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I swear, this game has something against me ever hatching a shiny houndour.

I've bred hundreds upon hundreds and no dice (Masuda Method & Shiny Charm).
    Once in a while I'll get bored and switch to breeding for a different shiny and BAM! Shiny within one box worth of eggs.
    It's infuriating.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've found a shiny Gurdurr and a shiny Floatzel in a horde battle. I almost missed the Floatze,l because its fur is just a lighter shade of orange, and that's on top of the fact that it doesn't do that "sparkle" effect when it's in a horde (oops GameFreak).

My experience with shinies has been amazing in X and Y! I'm glad they doubled the shiny ratio in 6th gen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    I managed to get a Shiny magcargo and a Shiny Shuckle in my first friend safari. I traded them for a shiny Sylveon with pokerus and a shiny mareep instead.
    I got a shiny jolteon in WT, but traded it for a shiny Wailmer.
    My BF bred me a shiny mudkip and traded it to me so it was a starter for me when I bought X.
    I was also chain fishing one time and got frustrated so I stopped and the first pokemon I an into after that was a shiny Ursaring!! I was so excited.
    I did manage to get a shiny poliwag yesterday by chain fishing. but I have a trade lined up to trade it for a shiny aerodactyl.
    Basically, I am hunting for all the shiny pokemon that are pink.

Back