• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Monotype Electric + One Other

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
609.png
639.png

UPDATE: I have currently won 14 consecutive matches on PS rated OU. (Including one where the opponent successfully eliminated Politoed and set up Sand Stream Sand Storm) I finally lost after that.

Some questions: Should I have Jolteon hold Air Balloon? Should I have Zapdos hold Damp Rock?

I joined a league that needed an electric gym leader. That means five electric Pokémon and one other. I decided to make a Rain team.

186.gif

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic​

Politoed is here to set up rain, and hit the opponent. The reason that I choose this moveset is for coverage. Focus Blast can hope to hinder a Tyranitar, and Ice Beam can deal with Tornadus, which is a possible beast under Rain. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed many opponents. In one instance it KOd a lead Salamence with Ice Beam.

479-wash.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 184 HP / 148 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

This Rotom-W is a good thing for rain. Stab rain boosted Hydro Pump hits almost anything hard. Hydro Pumping the heck out of my opponents with this guy. So far, several matches were decided byLeftovers here is to prolong its stay.

145.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 26 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunder​

This thing walls, although I don't really know how to stop it being taken out, help would be nice. Leftovers and Roost are so it can stay in a lot longer than it could otherwise, but it's speed makes it hard to get Roosts off. I do not really want to sacrifice other stats, because it hits hard as it is, and if Defense were not boosted, it would only get KOd sooner. I have added Rain Dance in place of Toxic, because my Politoed was getting KOd quite often.

466.gif

Electivire @ Life Orb
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake​

This thing is for Physical support, since there isn't much in an Electric team. I really like this set due to the great coverage, so I am using it. Life Orb gives it a nice boost, but Wild Charge+Life Orb really stacks, so I have to be careful. This is also helpful in taking out Tyranitars and Ninetales. This team hates Tyranitars and dislikes Ninetales.

135.gif

Jolteon (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
Jolteon is pretty good speedwise. He also works well with Thunder and taking out Psychics (a problem I mentioned earlier). He has decided a match, by Thunder spamming an obnoxious Blissey. He was put in here to fill in for Elektross. I might replace his Specs with a Balloon; Any thoughts?

462.gif

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 5 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam
- Thunder

This set has really helped. It can easily trap in a Ferrothorn, and Charge Beam for boosts, and tear through other Pokémon. Substitute is here to set up a buffer, and Thunder is good for STAB and a Rain spam.​

Any help would be helpful. I am still a noob at manufacturing teams and movesets: as you can see each moveset is ripped from someone else. I really would love any help. In answer to Yeezy D's question on Choiced items, I have not seen much play with this team, and hence not many problems. Scarfing Magnezone has hindered it a little, it just seem a little more useless.

Past Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In a rain team, never use Fire moves there. Their base power is weaker in there. This means you'll have to replace Rotom's and Magnezone's Hidden Power and Zapdos' Heat Wave with Hidden Power Ice.

Speaking of Rotom, change the EV spread to 184 HP/148 SAtk/176 Spe for a bit more Speed.

Explosion got nerfed in Gen V, so it's not a good option on Magnezone anymore given its average Attack. Replace it with Volt Switch.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
In a rain team, never use Fire moves there. Their base power is weaker in there. This means you'll have to replace Rotom's and Magnezone's Hidden Power and Zapdos' Heat Wave with Hidden Power Ice.

Speaking of Rotom, change the EV spread to 184 HP/148 SAtk/176 Spe for a bit more Speed.

Explosion got nerfed in Gen V, so it's not a good option on Magnezone anymore given its average Attack. Replace it with Volt Switch.

Zapdos already has HP Grass, would you suggest a nice support move like Sub or Toxic?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Zapdos already has HP Grass, would you suggest a nice support move like Sub or Toxic?

Whoops.

Anyway, Zapdos is fine as is, since having Thunderbolt as its sole offensive move leaves it walled by Ground Pokemon.

Also, Jolteon would rather go Timid than Modest because it's already specially strong.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Whoops.

Anyway, Zapdos is fine as is, since having Thunderbolt as its sole offensive move leaves it walled by Ground Pokemon.

Also, Jolteon would rather go Timid than Modest because it's already specially strong.

What was that about Zapdos?

Back