• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Strange Souvenir...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Hmm, it's probably some sort of event to be unlocked. Maybe something like a Battle Frontier? It technically falls under the description of what you guys say he's saying to you, and isn't overly large to add into the game. Maybe the souvenir unlocks something in the area and you need some sort of event ticket to get there.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well, people get that line after speaking to him after a few days, so maybe you need to wait another day first? Hence why you're getting a different message.

Alternatively, it requires you to be at a certain stage into the game before you get the item.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I remember hearing about that...wonder what it could be...maybe more Mega Stones? There seems to be less than expected...

Now on the Moai looking stone...maybe it's a region based on Chile as Easter island belongs to it...or maybe there's an event where we go to a mini region (think Sevii islands 1-3) where we can give this to a native there and they take us to the resting place of their guardian or something along those lines.

It's not a mini region. I did some snooping around on other forums and people mention that the backpacker talks about a champion in his region.

It seems like it's a fully fledged region and by the way he speaks we'll see it soon.

I'm starting to think that maybe the sequel games won't be set in Kalos but this new region. With a set of new pokemon. So it would be like gen 6.5

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    In a way, like saberwulf, I think that this may be a hint for a new region rather than a old one. I'd imagine it could be traded into the next game in the series for a special event. I could see the future of pokémon to have much shorter generations with about 40-80 new pokémon introduced in every succeeding game. It would give more new pokémon more of a focus if there are so little of them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Something that might or might not be related is that another woman in one of the hotels talks about a part of the world where a waterfall sometimes flows backwards. Then another guy mentions the word waterfall and asks you what comes into your head. He says something like it's funny/interesting how many answers there are to that question. I wonder if the word waterfall has a hidden meaning to employees of game freak?

Those tourist folk are an odd bunch. A lot of the dialogue in this game seems very cryptic, npcs say things that don't make sense but also don't seem like some kind of joke. Game freak are just dangling a carrot over our heads.

Years
  • Something that might or might not be related is that another woman in one of the hotels talks about a part of the world where a waterfall sometimes flows backwards. Then another guy mentions the word waterfall and asks you what comes into your head. He says something like it's funny/interesting how many answers there are to that question. I wonder if the word waterfall has a hidden meaning to employees of game freak?

Those tourist folk are an odd bunch. A lot of the dialogue in this game seems very cryptic, npcs say things that don't make sense but also don't seem like some kind of joke. Game freak are just dangling a carrot over our heads.

It's been a while but was there not a backwards waterfall in the distortion world?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's been a while but was there not a backwards waterfall in the distortion world?

I thought about that but is the distortion world common knowledge? It seems like the kind of place your average Joe would be oblivious to.

Plus the distortion world is separate from the pokemon world isn't it? It's in another dimension, not exactly a tourist attraction.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I thought about that but is the distortion world common knowledge? It seems like the kind of place your average Joe would be oblivious to.

Plus the distortion world is separate from the pokemon world isn't it? It's in another dimension, not exactly a tourist attraction.

Cynthia is the champion and all, so maybe there are some people who take interest in her work? It's a huge stretch, but hey, it could happen.

Also, in Emerald (not sure about Ruby or Sapphire), there was a waterfall in Meteor Falls which you could never, ever go through. This is even a huger stretch, I know, but I hope it's referring to it (it being the guy who asks you the first word that comes in mind when he says waterfall). Maybe that Waterfall connects Kalos with Hoenn because there was an NPC that said he swam all the way from Hoenn, so maybe it's not that far off, especially since Hoenn has all those rapids.

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • If you talk to him, he mentions that Kalos is good but you should see his region. He talks about a facility, the Champion, a town and he further says "It's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova." And since he already said it's not Kalos, that rules out all six generations worth of regions in the "proper" games thus far. If you put this together with the fact that the item's description is that it's "an ornament from a region far from Kalos", it seems to confirm that another region will be cropping up soon. I honestly don't think it will be DLC, as that's not really GF's style at all. As for "Z", if it's happening, I'm thinking that there will be a secondary region. Kiloude city is all on its lonesome at the very edge of the bottom of the Kalos map. It's very likely that it could be connected to another region just as Mt.Silver connects Kanto and Johto.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Cynthia is the champion and all, so maybe there are some people who take interest in her work? It's a huge stretch, but hey, it could happen.

Also, in Emerald (not sure about Ruby or Sapphire), there was a waterfall in Meteor Falls which you could never, ever go through. This is even a huger stretch, I know, but I hope it's referring to it (it being the guy who asks you the first word that comes in mind when he says waterfall). Maybe that Waterfall connects Kalos with Hoenn because there was an NPC that said he swam all the way from Hoenn, so maybe it's not that far off, especially since Hoenn has all those rapids.
    Irc the guy said he swam through oceans to get there from Hoenn to Kalos...so I don't they they're close at all...

We know it's not Hoenn...and I doubt it's a region connected to Hoenn...

Also the region is said to be far from Kalos...so it can be close to Kiloude city... I'm thinking it's the Seventh generation region...after all Gen V hinted at Kalos if you look back.

Years
  • 7th generation already tho? I don't know about that. Ithink they will still make a sequel and then gen 7.
    ......Wait a second, anyone remeber how Gamefreak previewed a clip. It was Lucario vs another pokemon which I forgot. Anyeays it wasn't a clip from any know game, and is said that it might be Game freaks atempt at a pokemon Stadium. So maybe it will be for that game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think that in the third installment, whether it be one game or two, ( or maybe even dlc/ event in x/y ) that there will be a small amount of new towns in the mountains on the far right of kalos possibly accessible by the train in the town where pro. Sycamore left himself a note.

I know that if you slide the cursor to the left/ ocean side of town map the screen border stops the cursor from going off map, however on the mountain side the cursor will go clean off the town map and off the screen.

I also believe that it may be accessible in x/y because there is a small opportunity for game freak to make prequels this time around.
    My reason for that: in lysandres library in Lysander cafe/ team flair hideout, among the plethora of AZ info on the book shelf there is a paper on the table on the top left of the room. It is lysandre memo out to the flair saying how when he was young he went on his own journey and tried to help a bunch of people but people were rude and unappreciated.
    Pro. Sycamore mentions several times that he went on his own journey. I don't think that in a prequel that will play as either one but maybe a new protagonist with sycamore and lysandre being your counterparts, lysandre is your wreck less headstrong rival in battle and sycamore your friendly pokedex filling rival.

So with all that being said, and all of it being loosely based on theory, I think that the strange statue thing will either be a small nod to a new region in a separate game or an activation tied in with a event in x/y but I just thought that the small nuggets of the characters pasts in xy would be a perfect set up for the first pokemon prequel and that it would be strange to skip right to a new gen for that item, so its relevance is a real mystery, it has me more torn on what I believe game freak may have up their sleeves than ever.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    This item reminds me of the Lock Capsule that was distributed in Japan, and no where else. The Lock Capsule was introduced in the late Gen 4 games and had absolutley no use in those games. It was just a uselessly coded item that existed. Those that got it were able to transfer it to a 5th Gen game and unlock in to get the TM for Snarl.
    Those with an Action Replay can in fact still do this. I can confirm that it works as I have done it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure the Lock Capsule was meant to be transfered in the first place, so it wasn't 'useless'. Though, for those of us outside Japan it was another Azure Flute...

I think this item may be the same...but involving a legendary instead.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I know that this is highly unlikely, but in the third game or whatever it is, couldn't there be a one, or even a few regions that you go to? IIRC when being told about the weapon hat Lysandre tries to use to destroy the world, it mentions that Kalos was at war with many other regions. Is it possible that we will be able to see these regions? It's a stretch I know but I think that it is possible. My main evidence that points to this is the Couriway station at the very right of Kalos. We know it must lead to some region because Sycamore is hinted to have come, or at least used the train there. (The writing on the seat next to the train tracks.). In terms of what region it could be, it could be based off of a country to the east of France. Countries connected to France directly from this point are Germany, Belgium, and Switzerland, so I think that there is a chance that we may get two regions in one generation. We could get Germany as a region because Germany and France have battled in wars before... Although this doesn't really prove anything, because it's not like they go off of real life events and occurrences to inspire every game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    New theory: the next games are to be called XZ and YZ. Sounds stupid, but hey, anything is possible. Or maybe A and Z, since we have AZ (NPC).
    AXYZ Anyone? ( Just axis but spelled with the Gen VI Games)

Kite [Argus]

Onion Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    No one's considering the fact that the item could be there just to flip with us.

It's the Pendant from Dark Souls all over again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back