• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making and Indexing the Curvy "VERSION" text on title screens

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
  • This is my first tutorial for PC, so sorry if there's something that's not well written or you can't understand.

This a tutorial on how you can recreate this text:
    1636-PokemonFireRedUSquirrels_01.png

So, I'm going to show you how to create the curvy effect - you need the following tools.

• Microsoft Word - I know, I know, but it's the easiest way to create the logo. (I'm using 2010, but 2007 and 98-2003 work fine too.)
    • Photoshop - Or any free alternative. It basically allows us to apply the finishing touches to the image.
    Really important stuff is boldfaced!

Also, remember this is NOT a tutorial on how to insert the logo, just a tutorial on how to create and prepare it FOR inserting.

Step One:
    Spoiler:

Step Two:
    Spoiler:

Step Three:
    Spoiler:

Step Four:
    Spoiler:

Step Five:
    Spoiler:

Step Six:
    Spoiler:

Step Seven:
    Spoiler:

Step Eight:
    Spoiler:

Step Nine:
    Spoiler:

Step Ten:
    Spoiler:

Step Eleven:
    Spoiler:

Step Twelve:
    Spoiler:

Step Thirteen:
    Spoiler:

And that's it! It should be prepared and ready to be inserted!

Last edited:
    Years
  • To be honest, I find using Photoshop, the Stroke layer effect, and text curving closer to the original than using Word, but good tutorial nonetheless.

Back