• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Purchased 3DS + Y shortly after the release and just found it after a move; help me build my team out of this small list of 17 Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So a while ago I purchased a 3DS solely for X/Y. Got it and a copy of Y a couple of months after the release and had a ton of stuff happen in life that kept me from ever really getting into the game. Job changes, two moves, daughter was born, etc. Anyways I was going through storage earlier today and found my 3DS! Guess I packed things up too fast.

Don't remember much of the story-line. Looks like I saved it right after earning the Bug Badge. Anyways, a close friend I am no longer local to had sent me a few Pokemon in trade and I'd like to continue the game from this point using some of them, I just know NOTHING about these new generation Pokemon.

Yea, I look forward to the first play-through, but I also would like a little guiding light to get me off started with the right squad. Below is a list of a few I already have and like/think I would like based off of quick research -

* Chespin/Heracross
    * Beldum/Tarsal (Male and Female)
    * Pikachu/Helioptile
    * Froakie/Poliwag/Squirtle/Magikarp
    * Honedge
    * Charmander/Cyndaquil
    * Riolu/Conkeldurr
    * Gible/Goomy/Dratini

I'm heading out to the grocery store to buy a case of beer for tonight's Pokemon marathon. lol Hoping I come back to some solid suggestions; set me up with a solid squad fellow trainers!

TLDR Please build appropriate team for initially working through the game, using the above listed Pokemon or easily findable Pokemon, +/- a couple sacrificed for utility if needed.

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    I think that Chesnaught, Metagross, Garchomp, Greninja, Charizard Y & Helioptile would be a good team :) a lot of power!

Back