• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite and least favorite shiny Pokemon?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Visually, Mothim is my hands-down favorite Shiny (as well as one of the few Pokémon I think looks better in Shiny form). I like most of the blue ones, like Tyrogue and Corsola. Pink ones like Dunsparce and Dragonair are cool, too. I particularly like when they shift from warm to cool colors or blue to pink/purple.

My least favorite would be... probably Garchomp. It's too similar to normal Garchomp. Next to that would most likely be Dragonite (that green looks terrible). I dislike most of the green Shinies, Beedrill perhaps being the only exception (unless you count the Squirtle line's shells -- those don't bother me).

I guess you could say that Shiny Persian is also too similar to the original, but I've become rather attached to mine.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm sorta with KKN on the blue shinies fangirlism train here, since it's a colour that looks so beautiful. Corsola, while being a Pokemon that can't do well in battle with stats like it, does at least look really beautiful as a shiny. I also love shiny Miltank to a lesser extent, and I have actually caught one myself in X.

Least fave is any shiny with little-to-no difference from the originals. Garchomp being the worst offender.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • My favorite one, at least my favorite one without being biased (I think every can tell what my favorite would be if I was being biased), is Emboar. I love Emboar's shiny mostly due to the gorgeous blue that it gets to its body and flames, especially the flames.

My least favorite it is definitely Burmy and Wormadam for me. I can't tell the difference between the shiny and non-shiny forms at all.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I love Kingdra. It's so beautiful as purple (I think?). I also love Charizard's shiny form as well. Mostly because my favorite colors are black and red. <3 Oh, and I love shiny mew because it looks soooo cute in sky blue! I think my least favorite shiny is Flygon. The colors just don't really appeal to me.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • My least favorite it is definitely Burmy and Wormadam for me. I can't tell the difference between the shiny and non-shiny forms at all.

OMG, right!? I remember when I was MMing Burmy to get a Shiny Mothim. I'd have the check its info every time because I thought it looked slightly bluer. (It didn't help that I hatched 3 females before finally getting a male...)

Years
  • The very first time that I found what shiny Azumarill looked like, I fell in love with them. Something about it being so strikingly different from it's normal color scheme caught my eye, and if I were to ever get one of my own, it'd probably be my favorite Pokemon of all time (sorry Butterfree!).

As for the ones I don't like, there are quite a few off the top of my head (Gengar, Zapdos, Elekid, Garchomp, Lillipup, etc.) that are just a few shades darker/lighter, making their shiny forms a bit dull. At least with something drastic like a bright yellow Azumarill or a lime green Zubat, you know right away that it's special.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • My favorite shinies are most of the yellow or blue ones, with Sylveon, Scrafty, Meowstic, and Drifblim being at the top of the list; I'm really attached to the 3 out of 4 in that group that I have shinies of in my games.

Least favorite: Crobat and Nidoqueen, maybe? I don't think those shades of pink and green go together very well.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Ninetales is my hands down favorite shiny, followed closely by Kyurem and Gardevoir. Sadly, Gardevoir lost its pink tint in Gen VI. I still adore it, but I loved the pink tint. It's strange, too. You'd figure the generation that adds Fairy-type to it would keep the pink.

Least favorites... pretty much anything that looks like it got a sunburn. Typhlosion is a perfect example. It just kind of looks like it's covered in a burn and looks really awkward.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Oh God, this thread... just YES.

I actually have a whole list of my favorite shinies, but that's like 50 Pokémon, so I'll just pick the ones I like the most. That would be Vibrava, Seviper, Whimsicott, Virizion and Kyurem.

As for my least favorite shinies, I'd go with the whole of Gen II. They kinda remind me of Generation 2 Transformers toys tbh. They just look ugly and unnecessarily loud.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • My favourite shiny is definitely Umbreon or Gengar. Umbreon looks incredible and gorgeous in his shiny form, looking so majestic and regal. Gengar looks so much more ghostly in his shiny form, and I think the darker colour really blends with his personality of hiding in the shadows.
    My least favourite is everything from Gen 6 bar like four Pokemon. Everything just looks hideous, especially Aegislash, Chesnaught and the legends. I like Greninja, Slurpuff and Aromatisse though, off the top of my head.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Someone Wonder Traded me a shiny Milotic and I never knew I wanted one so badly until I had it. It's so beautiful and I won't even think about giving it up.
    As for my least favorite...I don't have one (not too familiar with any Shinies aside from the ones I have), but the ones that barely have a change in color are always disappointing.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Favourite Shinys - Gardevoir (Love the blue and orange), The Golett line (Looks less cartoonish), Dragonair and Fennekin.

Least Favourite - Green Dragonite, Mud Brown Octillery and ill looking Tauros.

Also I must be the only person who likes the Garchomp shiny.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Best. Dont really have a worst. One of the ones that barely change or the fugly lime green ones maybe.
    sh-cof_zpseaev0rbj.jpg

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Some people may kill me for saying this, but I never really liked red Gyarados.

Back