• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Puppet Theater of the Dark Ruler- the be all and end all card of marionettes... win now or die, lol... basically, RftDD on drugs for a theme. Not sure if it's balanced, but i'm pretty sure that someone will make it broken.

Marionette Stage- another crazy card just because it swarms far too fast... not sure if I can call it strong or broken.

Strings of the Puppeteer- decent card

Deathgrip Marionette- meh decent... LP costs hurt though. Marionettes got better cards to use by now.

Arsenal Marionette- again decent but deckspace does not permit using this card over other marionettes.

Marionette Soldier- o____o

Spellcaster's Hideout- broken, because of the 2 overlooked Sage cards. this is effectively boosting 1250 atk, and if Sage of Silence and Sage of Tranquil can trample over anything except monarch itself (and just barely too), you know this game will go out the window. Sage control? Atk boosts do suck, but only if it's a little. This is not little. Also, almost every dark spellcaster qualifies for Deck Devastation Virus (and the other virus too) now...

Spellcaster Lord- in a children's card game, 2 tribute monsters better have a darn good winning effect. This is not it.

Spellcaster Lord's Dragon- big beatstick without normal support, not that good... at all.

Just to take a page from something earlier about moves from a children's game and transforming them into a part of a children's card game in situational ways.

Sacred Fire
    Normal Spell

You may only activate this card if "Sacred Phoenix of Nepthyrs" is on your side of the field. Destroy all cards on the field and end your turn.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Sacred Phoenix of Nepthyrs? What is that?

My new cards:

Blast Burn
    Normal Magic Card

Eliminates all non Pyro-type monsters on the opponent's side of the field in exchange of 800 Life Points. If you don't pay 800 Life Points, your monsters can't attack for one turn.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Frenzy Plant
    Normal Magic Card

Eliminates all non Plant-type monsters on the opponent's side of the field in exchange of 800 Life Points. If you don't pay 800 Life Points, your monsters can't attack for one turn.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hydro Cannon
    Normal Magic Card

Eliminates all non Aqua-type monsters on the opponent's side of the field in exchange of 800 Life Points. If you don't pay 800 Life Points, your monsters can't attack for one turn.
    Elemental Blast
    Normal Magic Card

Discard 5 cards from your hand to destroy all the monsters on the opponent's field and inflict damage on the opponent's Life Points equal to half of the total ATK of the monsters destroyed.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/store/fet-en005-1st.html

Sacred Phoenix of Nepthyrs

Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant- broken, and that's because it's essentially Mirror Force in normal spell form. Worse than smashing ground and fissure, both of which are only one target, and those two are limited to 1. 800 LP is hardly a cost for Mirror Force in normal spell.

Elemental Blast- now this is more like it... Raigeki and major burn, but heavy drawback which balances it out. Not that I'll use it since it's just difficult to use, but it's actually worse using because of the great reward. If you somehow activate this, you win the game. Of course, there's ways to get around it which may make it broken... and that's Diamond Dude Turbo engine (omgoodness, return of diamond dude! and probably best card Diamond Dude can ever hope for)

Cybernetic Vampire
    Zombie / Effect
    5 Star / Dark
    2000 Atk / 1500 Def

While this card is faceup on the field and in your graveyard, treat the type of this card as both Machine and Zombie monster. During either player's end phase, if you have no cards in your hand, special summon this card from your deck or your graveyard and increase its Atk by 500.

Coffin Crawler
    Insect / Gemini
    3 Star / Dark
    400 Atk / 1900 Def

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
    -You may discard one monster card from your hand in order to special summon a Zombie monster from your graveyard. You cannot normal summon an effect monster during the turn you activated this effect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Sacred Fire
    Normal Spell

You may only activate this card if "Sacred Phoenix of Nepthyrs" is on your side of the field. Destroy all cards on the field and end your turn.

Main Phase 2 action. Beat up all of your opponent's monsters, then set up for a S/T sweep. Not too good early game when your opponent will probably have something ready to smack you with, but later on when your opponent has exhausted their hand, this becomes much more useful.

Of course, that "Recursion" deck I made a while back would feast on this enjoyably (2 Dark Coffin, 1 Statue of the Wicked, activate. No problems outside of DW).

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Hm? I didn't understand well the effect of Coffin Crawler.

Another card:

Volcano Dragon
    9 Stars
    FIRE/Dragon/Effect
    ATK: 3500 / DEF: 3000

Effect: This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Volcano Eruption".
    Volcano Eruption
    Normal Magic Card

If your opponent has one monster on his side of the field and you have none, you can Special Summon "Volcano Dragon" from your hand or Deck to your side of the field by discarding 5 cards from your hand to the Graveyard and increase its ATK and DEF by 500.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright, this monster is wimped. Five cards is your entire hand, so discarding it is basically only for monsters or spell cards that have effects to back them up, like elemental blast. Volcanic Dragon is weak because he's vulnerable to card effects, so Monarch and Lightning Vortex run him over, and he can't be summoned without a specific spell card. Five hundred is a wimpy attack bonus: go for gusto and give him seven hundred. Let me try to "Un-Wimp" these cards.

Volcano Dragon
    9 Stars
    FIRE/Dragon/Effect
    ATK: 3500 / DEF: 3000

When this monster is normal summoned, tribute summoned, special summoned, flip summoned, or flipped face-up you may destroy two cards on the opponent's side of the field. Inflict five hundred points of damage for each card destroyed in this way.

Draconic Eruption (I'm fairly sure there's already an anime "Volcanic Eruption" card.)
    Normal Spell
    Activate this card only when there are no monsters on your side of the field and at least one on the opponent's side of the field. Discard one card in order to special summon one "Volcanic Dragon" from your hand. A "Volcanic Dragon" summoned in this way gains five hundred attack points, and becomes immune to card effects on the turn it is summoned.

There, that should do it.

And now for something completely different: A "Snatch Steal" replacement.

Slash Steal
    Equip Spell
    A monster equipped with this spell card switches control to this card's controller. During your standby phase, you must pay eight hundred life points to keep this card in play. If you do not, this card is destroyed. The monster equipped with this card may not be offered as tribute for a tribute summon.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Monsters above 9 stars need to be specified on how it is normal summoned, because it is not a "standard" star level. It is understood that it needs 3 monsters to be tribute summoned, but it is always written down.

To be tribute summoned, you have to be normal summoned, so those two are redundant, but normal summoned is not necessarily tribute summon (square vs rectangle argument.) This is the same for flipping face-up and flipped summon, so you only need to say flipped face up. Since you have to destroy 2 cards on the field, you might as well say "... and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent's life points" to make it simple.

and not to mention, "Volcanic Eruption" mistakens people for a support card for Volcanic deck.

Slash Steal- it helps a bit, but I personally always regard monster stealing to be highly dangerous at all times... don't forget, I can normal summon Zenji, special summon grandmaster, activate double summon to get out another samurai and/or pull out Shien all on the same turn already (this is what the people predicts this new banlist to be.) Any method to get rid of the opponent's defense (be it smashing ground, fissure or slash steal) is bound to be end game unless you got the almighty mirror force to save your butt.

However, I honestly don't know if it's broken or not... dangerously high potential though.

Coffin Crawler is just a gemini monster. Its effect is that you discard a monster card from your hand to special summon a monster... I personally don't think it's too wordy, is it? o_O;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Cybernetic Vampire: Ehh...'or' rather than 'and' on that first effect; no given card can be in the graveyard and on the field at the same time. =O Anyways, the ability to spring this out of the deck already makes it well worth considering. Playing with Rope of Life ftw! Suicide slam something, bring it back stronger, then pull three vampires out of your deck. =O Seriously, though, I'm not sure what kind of deck would really make the most of this, except, of course, for some roguish one built on Sky Scourge Norleras or the like. :3

Coffin Crawler: So it's basically like Zombie Master except for that pesky level limit? The gemini nature and different stats balance it out nicely, so I see no issues here. :3

Volcano Dragon: Actually, there's a difference between 500 each and lump sum. If you play this while there's only one card on your opponent's field then it wouldn't amount to 1000 damage in total. It's not a very smart move, but it can be done and it would make a difference.

Draconic Eruption: Careful, the wording of this says "Volcanic Dragon" but the monster in questions is called "Volcano Dragon". As it stands, this card has nothing to summon. =O Anyway, I'm not too wild about this since you have to put that bothersomely large monster into your hand first and have to conserve a hand of three to get it out. The one-turn effect protection is a nice boost, though.

Slash Steal: Well, it certainly looks like 'limited' material, but at least the tribute restriction keeps it from turning into another toy for monarchs.

Aaaanyway, taking a break from the marionettes. xD

Polymer Burst
    Normal Spell

Send one Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck to the Graveyard. Then, inflict damage to both players equal to 100 x the level stars of the Fusion Monster sent to your Graveyard by this effect.

Genesis Dragon
    Dragon/Effect
    2 Star/Earth
    800 Atk / 600 Def

Remove this card and Fusion-Material Monsters in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon one Dragon Type Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

Descent of Giant Dragon
    Normal Spell

Destroy all monsters on your Field then Special Summon one level 5 or higher Dragon Type monster from your Hand.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Polymer Burst
    Normal Spell

Send one Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck to the Graveyard. Then, inflict damage to both players equal to 100 x the level stars of the Fusion Monster sent to your Graveyard by this effect.

If I send Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon to the Graveyard, I'd inflict 1200 damage.

Genesis Dragon
    Dragon/Effect
    2 Star/Earth
    800 Atk / 600 Def

Remove this card and Fusion-Material Monsters in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon one Dragon Type Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

Ok, a "monsterized" Polymerization.

Descent of Giant Dragon
    Normal Spell

Destroy all monsters on your Field then Special Summon one level 5 or higher Dragon Type monster from your Hand.

A Flute of Summoning Dragon without need of Lord Of D. but with limited summon. You can only Sp.Summon one Dragon with this one and it must be higher than 5 Stars, so I'd easily summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon with this one.

Ok, my new cards:

Blue-Eyes Cyber Dragon
    9 Stars
    LIGHT/Dragon/Fusion
    ATK: 3400 / DEF: 2700

Fusion: "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" + "Cyber Dragon"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cyber Lightning Blast
    Normal Magic Card

You can only activate this card if you have a "Blue-Eyes Cyber Dragon" or a "Cyber Dragon" in your side of the field. Destroy two monsters or less on the opponent's field.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • If I send Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon to the Graveyard, I'd inflict 1200 damage.

And you'd take as much damage too. =O But yeah, this card has something besides the burn damage in mind, which I'm sure the more insidious members of the audience will spot.
    Ok, a "monsterized" Polymerization.

Actually, it's a Dragon's Mirror. :3

Blue-Eyes Cyber Dragon: So not worth it, even though you can basically drop this down on the field by special summoning Cyber Dragon and then normal summoning hex-sealed. It takes more than attack points to make a fusion worthwhile.

Cyber Lightning Blast: Eww...situational. Cards that require a specific monster (especially a fusion monster) to be used should really have a pretty hefty payoff; this just doesn't.

Thundercloud Dragon
    Dragon/Effect
    7 Star/Light
    2600 Atk / 1700 Def

Whenever this card is sent from the Field to your Graveyard, send one Thunder type monster from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card. Whenever this card is Special Summoned, inflict 600 damage to your opponent.

Ball Lightning
    Thunder/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    1000 Atk/ 0 Def

Whenever this monster battles with a monster controlled by your opponent, destroy both monsters without applying Damage Calculation then inflict 1000 damage to both players.

Gathering Storm
    Continuous Spell

For each Thunder type monster that is sent to your Graveyard, place one Ionization Counter on this card (Maximum 7). Tribute this card with 7 Ionization Counters on it to Special Summon one "Thundercloud Dragon" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard. If this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, inflict 200 damage to the controller of the card for each Ionization Counter on this card.

Aaand yeah, I'll be making more thunder monsters to actually give these two cards some playability later on. x3

Oh, and just as an aside:

Royal Double
    Spellcaster/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    1200 Atk / 1000 Def

Whenever a "Curran" or "Pikeru" monster on your Field would be destroyed, you may destroy this card instead. If this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) while "Court of Nobles" is on your Field, select one "Curran' or 'Pikeru" monster from your Field or Graveyard. For as long as this card and "Court of Nobles" remain on the Field, this card is considered to have the selected monster's Name, Attribute, Level, and Special Abilities.

Wildfang
    Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a Beast, Beast Warrior, or Winged Beast type monster. Whenever the equipped monster attacks with an Atk that is higher than the Def of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard other than as the result of a card effect, add this card to your Hand.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    *Cracks fingers.

Thundercloud Dragon: Forced Special Summon effect. It's situational but the card's almost indestructible. Being sent to the Graveyard without any restrictions helps, and the discard counter balances it well. The extra damage is an added perk too.

Ball Lightning: I have to admit, I have a soft spot for inanimate objects that are small but powerful; Mega Thunderball being a very nice example. Of course, I have no idea what this looks like (*imagines a yellow ball of light) but it sounds cute, heh. Explosive, and damaging, even though it's shared, but you can pretty much take out anything with this card. Useful.

Gathering Storm: Geez, seven counters? That's a bit much, especially since you have to kill off seven of your own cards to satisfy its greedy needs. But, I'm assuming you're intertwining each counter for each star level of Thundercloud, so I suppose it makes some poetic sense. Yes, it allows you to bring out Thundercloud willy-nilly, but the after destruction effect seems redundant. This card is quite disadvantageous to whoever's using it, since it costs seven Thunder-Types to kick the bucket and risks dealing 1200-1400 damage before your opponent wipes it out. It's very Yu-Gi-Oh!-ish though; drawing out for the super duper summon in the last turn to annihilate the opponent with the sexy thunder sky dragon...so, super plus points for that!

Royal Double: Healthy support and decent stats (due to its effect). The one star level just puts me off. Seems kind of...good, for level one?

Wildfang: Helpful. Restricted to the furrier and feathery cards of the game, so no real gripe there. It's revival effect is nice, but also situational. Personally, I'm reluctant in building up one of my own monsters just to take out an Equip monster, I'd rather destroy the Equip first and take care of the monster later. But I guess the effect makes sense from my point of view.

*Breaks fingers - first official criticism resume...

I also revamped the 'Mechanicore' gen for one of my NPCs in CG.

Monster Cards

Name: Mechanicore LV3
    Attribute: EARTH
    Type: Machine/Effect
    Level: 3
    ATK: 1200
    DEF: 0
    Effect: If there are 1 or less Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field, this card can attack your opponent directly. During your next Standby Phase after this card attacks your opponent directly, by sending this card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Mechanicore LV5" from your hand or Deck.

Name: Mechanicore LV5
    Level: 5
    ATK: 1850
    Effect: If there are 3 or less Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field, this card can attack your opponent directly. During your next Standby Phase after this card attacks your opponent directly, by sending this card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Mechanicore LV7" from your hand or Deck.

Name: Trap Mechanicore
    Attribute: DARK
    Type: Warrior/Effect
    Level: 4
    ATK: 900
    DEF: 1400
    Effect: For every face-up Machine-Type monster on your side of the field, you can activate 1 Trap Card from your hand.

Name: Mechanicore Deflector
    ATK: 1700
    DEF: 1100
    Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot select another Machine-Type monster as an attack target.

Name: Revival Mechanicore
    Type: Warrior/Effect
    ATK: 1500
    DEF: 1200
    Effect: When this card is Flip Summoned successfully, you can Special Summon 1 Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Name: Mechanicore Compressor
    Attribute: DARK
    ATK: 1300
    DEF: 2100
    Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all Battle Damage to this card's controller that he/she takes from a battle involving a "Mechanicore" monster becomes 0.

Name: Mechanicore LV7
    Level: 7
    ATK: 2500
    Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Mechanicore LV5". If there are 5 or less Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Spell Cards

Name: Triple Power Surge
    Type: Quick-Play
    Effect: During a Battle Phase, when 3 or more "Mechanicore" monsters are destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon the destroyed monsters in Attack Position during the next Standby Phase.

EDIT: Damn, I just actually read over my cards and I completely over exaggerated their effects. They're like nuclear bombs wrapped up in Kinder Surprises...I'm going to have to beat them down, but I'll wait for some professional critique.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Mechanicores: A bit broken... Not that some of my cards aren't...

My new cards:

Aerial Ace
    Equip Magic Card

You can only equip this card to "Robot Hawk". Increase its ATK by 1000.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robot Hawk
    5 Stars
    WIND/Machine/Effect
    ATK: 1900 / DEF: 1500

Effect: If you have "Robot Hawk" on your side of the field equipped with "Aerial Ace", you can Special Summon "Robot Hawk #2" from your hand or deck to your side of the field.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robot Hawk #2
    3 Stars
    WIND/Machine/Effect
    ATK: 1000 / DEF: 750

Effect: This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Robot Hawk". Increase "Robot Hawk"'s ATK by 500.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Mechanicore Lv3- I can almost always attack directly, because it's not very often (especially with breaker coming back) will people play 2 or more cards in the backrow with the exception of field card oriented decks. Royal Decree and a quick spell is probably the only obstacle to stop this thing from doing a quick 1200... I'll personally suggest that Lv 3 is forced to use its original attack power to hit directly, or else I'll make OTK decks with this card (don't forget, Limiter Removal and this thing with equip card attacking directly is end game.)

Mechanicore Lv5- Except Crystal Beasts, nobody in their right mind will play 3 or more spell/trap cards... unless heavy storm is gone already or something. The terror of -2 in CA is just too great. At least this thing's attack power is still in the bearable range for direct attack.

Trap Mechanicore- I'm pretty sure this thing is banned, but I don't remember what's the problem... whatever the reason Temple of Kings/Cathedral of Nobles remain on the banlist, is the same reason why this thing should go to the banlist as well. There is something severely wrong with activating trap cards on your own turn without setting it, but I don't remember...

Mechanicore Deflector- A bit clearer wordings on who it protects will help... right now, I am not too sure of its effect.

Revival Mechanicore- broken. Reason? Resurrecting Cyber Twin, Cyber Dragon, or Jinzo over and over and over again... Specialize it to machine Mechanicores only will be nice, or put a level cap on the target.

Mechanicore Compressor- fair enough, though 2100 and 1300 is sort of breaking the "atk/def/level" boundary a bit... then again, Konami breaks it time after time themselves.

Mechanicore Lv7- you can almost might as well say this thing can always attack directly. Either way, not too useful because Lv5 can almost always attack directly, and the attack power boost is not persuading me to use yet another nomi in my deck. Equip cards and Limiter Removal on the Lv5 will do the same for OTK purposes as Lv7 can.

Triple Power Surge- situational, because I see some difficulty in getting 3 mechanicores to the field to begin with except with some Jaden Yuki style of playing.

Keep in mind that you can get away with some Jaden Yuki moments in a roleplay for situational cards~ However, if your characters, at their very best, decide to play cards (be it real or fake) in a way that is less effective than what the readers can do with in the same situation, the readers/other roleplayers may get slightly upset. So yeah, just to keep that in mind.

EDIT: It really doesn't help if you just walk in and say "broken" to other people's fake cards... not to mention, in most of your suggestions, I personally don't think that you see as many strategies/situations to utilize existing and fake cards (or both together) to truly access if they are fine, underpowered or broken...

Aerial Ace- axe of despair sucks enough. Situational axe of despair sucks more >>;

Robot Hawk- Cyber Dragon, gg? Cyber Dragon has more attack power, and far easier to summon out... I really don't see why.

Robot Hawk 2- any card whose only effect is to boost attack power by a little is not worth using. Add situational to it, and I wonder why don't I just play mechanicalchaser...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • "I summon Dea Ex Machina, which I have conveniently drawn this turn!"

"Aw, man, Jaden wins again! Seriously, this guy's luckier then Joey Wheeler!"

"In America!"

(Forget that conversation. 0_o)

Wildfang: Wait... Big Bang Shot and Fairy Meteor Crush that's type specific? Still, it makes me remember my old fusion beasts idea... if only fusion was more viable...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Fusion is more viable than rituals, at least >>; Right now rituals have absolutely no way to do anything but Advanced Ritual Arts. It's a great start but still a bit lacking to push Rituals to be a consistent deck (Advanced Ritual Art is always a OTK or fail). Fusions have plenty of ways to be special summoned, or there is more than just one fusion methods (hex seals, power bond, dragon's mirror, future fusion and overload fusion).

Either way, going back to Cyber Lightning Blast ("You can only activate this card if you have a "Blue-Eyes Cyber Dragon" or a "Cyber Dragon" in your side of the field. Destroy two monsters or less on the opponent's field.") I think Alter Ego missed the "Cyber Dragon" part. Well well, Proto Cyber Dragon counts too. Cyber Dragon is in 80% of all decks anyway. It's actually a pretty solid support if the specific monster is the key monster in the entire freakin' deck anyway, and in this case, a true cyber dragon deck.

Special summon cyber dragon, wipe out the field with cyber laser blast, preferably somewhere flip the royal decree or revive the Jinzo, and then normal summon light hexseal. Pwnage :3

Really not a problem when there's 6 of that "conditional" monster, and the 6 are actually very usable (unlike some other "heroes" out there.) Make it 9 if you're desperate and run panthers, but only if you dare.

Cyber Demodulator Dragon
    Machine / Effect
    7 Star / Light
    2200 Atk / 2500 Def

You can special summon this card from your hand by tributing a "Cyber Dragon" on your side of the field. When your opponent draws a card as a result of a card effect, lower the Def of this card by 500 to negate the effect and you draw a card. When the Def of this card is 0, destroy this card.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Ball Lightning: I have to admit, I have a soft spot for inanimate objects that are small but powerful; Mega Thunderball being a very nice example. Of course, I have no idea what this looks like (*imagines a yellow ball of light) but it sounds cute, heh. Explosive, and damaging, even though it's shared, but you can pretty much take out anything with this card. Useful.

Yeppers, it's a prettyful shiny energy ball-thingie that goes boom. :3
    Gathering Storm: Geez, seven counters? That's a bit much, especially since you have to kill off seven of your own cards to satisfy its greedy needs. But, I'm assuming you're intertwining each counter for each star level of Thundercloud, so I suppose it makes some poetic sense. Yes, it allows you to bring out Thundercloud willy-nilly, but the after destruction effect seems redundant. This card is quite disadvantageous to whoever's using it, since it costs seven Thunder-Types to kick the bucket and risks dealing 1200-1400 damage before your opponent wipes it out. It's very Yu-Gi-Oh!-ish though; drawing out for the super duper summon in the last turn to annihilate the opponent with the sexy thunder sky dragon...so, super plus points for that!

Yeah, I figured seven was pretty hefty when I wrote that effect too, but - as you correctly surmised - I had a star level to account for and I couldn't think of any convenient other number to throw in. Might make it so that the counters accumulate faster, though. Although technically, you could spam up plenty of counters by tossing Thunder Dragon (Thus fetching two more by its effect), then discarding one of them and playing Pot of Avarice or The Transmigration Prophecy to shuffle the two discarded dragons back into your deck and then use Thunder Dragon's effect again. (That's already 5 counters right there :3) As for the damage...it's more of a style thing since it would be sort of weird for the whole energy buildup to just disappear when a random piece of spell/trap removal comes along. Plus, it's partly there to discourage casual removal effects.
    Royal Double: Healthy support and decent stats (due to its effect). The one star level just puts me off. Seems kind of...good, for level one?

Ahh...the level is residue from the original version which copied everything (stats included) from a Curran or Pikeru. Might change that to three, although using it without the doppleganger effect is sort of pointless. x3

As for Wildfang, well ACC: there's a certain line of made-up monsters that thrives on it. And here I thought the Wildfang-Wildkin connection was blatantly obvious. This card suits them down to a T since getting destroyed when the equipped monster leaves the field doesn't count as being destroyed by a card effect. x3 But yeah, it does carry the casual advantage of forcing your opponent to actually spend a piece of S/T removal if they want to get rid of it rather than just disposing of the equipped monster, so I figured I'd extend the favor to our furry friends in general. ^^

Now then...

Mechanicore LV line: Yeah, adding a Submarineroid-style limitation of "When it does, any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes the original ATK of this card. You can change this card to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step." to the end of the direct attack would patch the otherwise temptingly easy Limiter Removal/AN Gauge exploit. :3

Trap Mechanicore: Erm...yeah, this kind of effect is what got Makyura the Destructor banlisted. Maybe if you made it so you could activate the trap cards only on your opponent's turn or something? Say..."If your opponent declares an attack while there is a face-up Machine type monster on your Field, you may select one Trap Card from your Hand and activate it (Activation Requirements must still be met)". Eh...just as a thought, although honestly: like Frostweaver I can't seem to find the breaktacular aspect of activating trap cards without a set in between. Presumably it's out there somewhere, though. =O

Mechanicore Deflector: A respectably sized beatstick that forms a field lock in multiples. Cool, although in all fairness you should probably change that to "your opponent cannot select a Machine-type monster other than "Mechanicore Deflector" as an attack target" so they have a fair shot at breaking the very formidable lock two of these form in combination with Cyber Phoenix. :3

Revival Mechanicore: Sneaky, but unlike most Flip Summon monsters it can't flip itself face-down again, so fair enough.

Mechanicore Compressor: Cyber Dragon-proof wall with an added protective effect to it and even a decent Atk to boot. Good card all around.

Triple Power Surge: Yeah, very situational because of the hefty requirement. Also, it doesn't quite seem to fit in with the general theme of 'lock the field and direct attack your opponent silly' that these other Mechanicores have going on. Well, I guess it's a safeguard against a random Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute, or Lightning Vortex at least.

Cyber Demodulator Dragon: Heh, I see some serious hate against the card drawing spree that the competitive decks these days are so engaged in. The ability to drop this down on the field by sacrificing Cyber Proto Dragon is a nice bonus too. :3

Anyways, I'm going to revamp Gathering Storm for a wider audience:

Gathering Storm

Continuous Spell

For each Thunder type monster that is sent to your Graveyard, place a number of Ionization Counters on this card (Maximum 15) equal to half the level stars of the monster that was sent to your Graveyard (Rounded down to the nearest whole). Tribute this card with 5 or more Ionization Counters on it to Special Summon one "Thundercloud Dragon" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard. If this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, inflict 200 damage to the controller of the card for each Ionization Counter on this card.

Cumulonimbus Dragon
    Dragon/Effect
    3 Star/Wind
    800 Atk / 1900 Def

Whenever a Thunder type monster is summoned successfully, Including Flip Summon, place one Ionization counter on this card. This card accumulates effects according to the number of Ionization counters on it:

1 or more: During each of your Main Phases, you may move any number of Ionization counters from a card on your Field to another card on the Field.
    2 or more: When this card is destroyed, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each Ionization Counter on this card.
    3 or more: This card can not be selected as an attack target.

Ion Cloud
    Thunder/Effect
    1 Star/Light
    0 Atk / 0 Def

This Attack Position card can not be destroyed by Battle. When this card attacks, all Battle Damage from the battle becomes zero. Whenever this card battles with a monster controlled by your opponent, place a number of Ionization Counters on this card equal to the level stars of the monster it battles with. When this card is destroyed or removed from the Field, distribute all Ionization counters on this card amongst the cards on the Field.

Plasma Wisp
    Thunder/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    ? Atk / 0 Def

During each of your Standby Phases, select one monster on the Field and place one Ionization Counter on it. The Atk of this card becomes the number of Ionization Counters on the Field x 300.

Tempest Fairy
    Thunder/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    1600 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, remove two Ionization Counters from your Field to select one card on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Thunder Steed
    Thunder/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    1400 Atk / 800 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, place one Ionization Counter on this card. Whenever this card battles, you may remove one Ionization Counter from this card to increase the Atk of this card by 800 until the end of the Damage Step.

Stormwing Pegasus
    Thunder/Effect
    5 Star/Light
    2300 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, place one Ionization Counter on this card. Once per turn, remove one Ionization Counter from this card to select one Spell or Trap card on the Field and destroy it.

Chain Lightning
    Normal Spell

All monsters on the Field that have Ionization Counters on them (Excluding Thunder Type monsters) are destroyed. For each monster destroyed by this card's effect, inflict 400 damage to the controller of the monster.

Ion Storm
    Normal Spell

Pay 800 Life Points. Place one Ionization counter on every face-up monster on the Field.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Anyways, I'm going to revamp Gathering Storm for a wider audience:

Gathering Storm

Continuous Spell

For each Thunder type monster that is sent to your Graveyard, place a number of Ionization Counters on this card (Maximum 15) equal to half the level stars of the monster that was sent to your Graveyard (Rounded down to the nearest whole). Tribute this card with 5 or more Ionization Counters on it to Special Summon one "Thundercloud Dragon" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard. If this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, inflict 200 damage to the controller of the card for each Ionization Counter on this card.

I would like to see some sort of distribution effect for the counters on this thing, but still alright.

Cumulonimbus Dragon
    Dragon/Effect
    3 Star/Wind
    800 Atk / 1900 Def

Whenever a Thunder type monster is summoned successfully, Including Flip Summon, place one Ionization counter on this card. This card accumulates effects according to the number of Ionization counters on it:

1 or more: During each of your Main Phases, you may move any number of Ionization counters from a card on your Field to another card on the Field.
    2 or more: When this card is destroyed, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each Ionization Counter on this card.
    3 or more: This card can not be selected as an attack target.

Ah, nevermind. You just stuck the effect on a monster. Very nice combination here.

Ion Cloud
    Thunder/Effect
    1 Star/Light
    0 Atk / 0 Def

This Attack Position card can not be destroyed by Battle. When this card attacks, all Battle Damage from the battle becomes zero. Whenever this card battles with a monster controlled by your opponent, place a number of Ionization Counters on this card equal to the level stars of the monster it battles with. When this card is destroyed or removed from the Field, distribute all Ionization counters on this card amongst the cards on the Field.

Dangerous...four counters on average (six if hitting a Monarch/Jinzo), then blow it up somehow...

Plasma Wisp
    Thunder/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    ? Atk / 0 Def

During each of your Standby Phases, select one monster on the Field and place one Ionization Counter on it. The Atk of this card becomes the number of Ionization Counters on the Field x 500.

THIS IS EVIL. Between Gathering Storm & Ion Cloud ALONE, you're looking at at least around 5 or 6 counters per turn. That makes a 3000-ATK boost each round and an OTKO after three of them.

Tempest Fairy
    Thunder/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    1600 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, remove two Ionization Counters from your Field to select one card on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Painful. With the speed at which the other cards gather counters, you'll have enough each turn without losing too much. At least it's only ONCE per turn...

Thunder Steed
    Thunder/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    1400 Atk / 800 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, place one Ionization Counter on this card. Whenever this card battles, you may remove one Ionization Counter from this card to increase the Atk of this card by 800 until the end of the Damage Step.

Plan B for Plasma Wisp: keep it in defense and power this thing up each battle. A pretty cheap way to take out Cyber Dragon.

Stormwing Pegasus
    Thunder/Effect
    5 Star/Light
    2300 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, place one Ionization Counter on this card. Remove one Ionization Counter from this card to select one Spell or Trap card on the Field and destroy it.

Oh geez...now we've got a Heavy Storm on our hands. As I keep saying, the counters are really fast to gather up, so with this thing, you can easily be looking at the equivalent of a Harpie's Feather Duster each turn. Perhaps limit this one to once per turn like Fairy...?

Chain Lightning
    Normal Spell

All monsters on the Field that have Ionization Counters on them (Excluding Thunder Type monsters) are destroyed. For each monster destroyed by this card's effect, inflict 400 damage to the controller of the monster.

And the combo is complete...even though it's kind of counterproductive with Cumulonimbus. It's still a painful effect, combined with damage on top.

Ion Storm
    Normal Spell

Place one Ionization counter on every face-up monster on the Field.

>.>; Ion Storm + Chain Lightning = free Lightning Vortex w/ damage AND a power-up to pretty much every monster you've got.

Fear the storm...

By the way, for those of you wondering, the "activate Traps from your hand" effect was useful for using cards like Rope of Life on your turn and avoiding S/T destroyers. Oh, and a simple two-card OTKO: Dark Scorpion-Chick the Yellow and Call of the Haunted.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Awwright, for the greater balance I cut down the Wisp's power accumulation to 300 per counter, reduced Stormwing Pegasus' effect to once per turn and added a symbolic 800 LP cost to Ion Storm. Better? :3

Also to throw a very YGOish game-ender into the mix:

Cloudbreak Dragon
    Dragon/Fusion/Effect
    12 Star/Light
    ? Atk / ? Def

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Eye of the Storm". When this card is summoned successfully, all other cards on the Field are sent to the Graveyard. The Atk and Def of this card becomes 400 x the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. On the turn this card is Special Summoned, you may discard your Hand. If you do, increase the Atk of this card by 200 x the number of cards you discarded until the end of the turn.

Eye of the Storm
    Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when Thundercloud Dragon is destroyed while there are 15 or more Ionization Counters on the Field. Remove "Thundercloud Dragon" from play then Special Summon one "Cloudbreak Dragon" from your Fusion Deck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Awwright, for the greater balance I cut down the Wisp's power accumulation to 300 per counter, reduced Stormwing Pegasus' effect to once per turn and added a symbolic 800 LP cost to Ion Storm. Better? :3

Yes. Plasma Wisp is still the undoubted game-ender of the set, but at least it won't end the game so quickly.

Also to throw a very YGOish game-ender into the mix:

Cloudbreak Dragon
    Dragon/Fusion/Effect
    12 Star/Light
    ? Atk / ? Def

Thundercloud Dragon

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Eye of the Storm". When this card is summoned successfully, all other cards on the Field are sent to the Graveyard. The Atk and Def of this card becomes 500 x the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. On the turn this card is Special Summoned, you may discard your Hand. If you do, increase the Atk of this card by 500 x the number of cards you discarded.

And as soon as I said that...THIS thing shows up. Instant field wiper, then discard your hand (leaving DW abuse open...as if you could fit it into the deck, though) and direct attack for GG. ...Not quite sure why it's a Fusion monster, though, with only one "fusion-material" listed. You might as well make it an Effect monster and make it have to be Special Summoned from the hand.

Eye of the Storm
    Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when Thundercloud Dragon is destroyed while there are 15 or more Ionization Counters on the Field. Remove "Thundercloud Dragon" from play then Special Summon one "Cloudbreak Dragon" from your Fusion Deck.

Well...with the speed of gathering counters, the "15 or more" part shouldn't be a problem.

I was inspired for another card, though:

Summon Calling
    Normal Spell
    When this card is discarded from your hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, you may add up to 3 Normal Monsters with an ATK of 1000 or less from your Deck to your hand. If this card is discarded from your hand to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, you may instead search your deck for up to 3 Effect Monsters with either 0 or ? (undecided) ATK and add them to your hand.

A DW-style card, I know...but can come in handy for certain decks.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Summon Calling: Well, all I can see it being used for is Normalcy "Human Wave Tactics" deck, since an opponent's ability can't be relied on. The "must be discarded" effect never really works as well for spell cards, IMO.

Moon Phase
    Normal Spell
    Pay eight hundred life points. Special summon one "Lycanthrope" monster from your hand that has four stars or fewer.

Full Moon Power
    Normal Trap
    You may activate this card when your opponent declares an attack against any "Lycanthrope" monster on your side of the field. Double the attack of all "Lycanthrope" monsters on your side of the field.

Dormant Lycanthrope
    Monster/Earth/Beast/Effect/4*
    Atk 1200/ Def 1200
    When this monster on your side of the field is attacked, you may discard one card from your hand in order to negate the attack. During your main phase, you may tribute this monster in order to special summon any "Lycanthrope" monster from your deck with four stars or fewer. You may not normal summon during the turn this effect is activated.

Dark Lycanthrope
    Monster/Beast/Dark/Effect/4*
    Atk 1700/ Def 1000
    When this monster on your side of the field inflicts battle damage on the opponent's life points, discard card(s) from the opponent's deck equal to the number of "Lycanthrope" monsters on your side of the field.

Plains Lycanthrope
    Monster/Beast/Light/4*/Effect
    Atk 1600/ Def 1000
    Negate the effects of all effect monsters this monster battles with, and destroy all defense-position monsters this monster attacks without applying damage calculation.

Tundra Lycanthrope
    Monster/Beast/Water/4*/Effect
    Atk 1500/ Def 1000
    Destroy any monster that battles with this monster at the end of the damage step (damage calculation is applied normally).

Lycanthrope Vulcan
    Monster/Beast/Fire/Effect/4*
    Atk 2000/ Def 0
    When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you may reduce all battle damage to zero in order to discard one card from the opponent's hand.

More little wolves to follow, hopefully. :3

Back