• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Pokemon For Gen 3!

ConsoleTiger

Stop reading and start typing ;P
Years
  • Whats everyone's favourite Gen 3 pokemon!, mine is Metagross, would you
    suggest the pokemon to be used in a team?
    Why?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    So very hard to decide which is my favourite Pokemon. But I believe it would be Absol. Not because of typing, or abilities, or strength, but rather just because of how great it looks; nothing more, nothing less.

Years
  • I'd say Breloom. I already liked it heaps back in Gen 3 design wise, and with the addition of Spore, I love it even more.

Shame the typing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Latios, Flygon and Manectric.

My favourite of the bunch is Latios. It has been one of my favourites ever since I was a kid, so because of that it brings tonnes of nostalgia. Its design is also great for a Legendary, and has some good stats. The Mega Evolution is very underwhelming design-wise, however.

I like Flygon and Manectric after using them numourous times when playing Ruby and Sapphire. Not only they're decent in battles, they have some pretty neat designs too. They're not the greatest, but they're certainly in my Top 10 Favourite Pokémon overall along with Latios.

I also like Latias. :P

PkmnTrainerN3

Or you can call me N or orange or noah, I have a l
    Years
  • My fav pokemon from gen 3 have to be zangoose and seviper. I love there designs and I like how there rivals with each other!

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Probably Absol. I'm generally not too fond of the Hoenn pokemon, but Absol, Swampert line and the Lati@s are 6 I do rather like. Breloom is pretty cool too and Manectric. And I like Mawile too, and Gardevoir so I guess there are plenty of Hoenn pokes I like. They're just not among my top favourites.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Gardevoir and Milotic for me.

Although Gen 3 has so many pokemon I love I feel like honorable mentions need to go to Aggron, Blaziken and Flygon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    That's a hard question, there were so many good ones to choose from: Blaziken who looked amazing, much better than his pre-evolutions; Rayquaza who was a god (and the only pokemon I legitimately spent a week soft resetting to catch a shiny of) and Gardevoir who looked both beautiful and mysterious. All good looking pokemon but I have to go with Nuzleaf, not because of his looks but as in my first run through of ruby at level 18 he stalled out every move of the Mossdeep gym :)

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • My favourite gen 3 pokemon is Swablu & Altaria due to their design and dex entry. Plus I generally like birds and dragons. If there's a pokemon that I want to fly on, I would definitely pick this one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Zangoose or Masquerain or Combusken or Sableye or

No, those are probably it. Always had a Zangoose on my Ruby team and I love Masquerain's design even though it's typing has gone wrong (should have stayed water!). Combusken is the mid evo of my most used Hoenn starter and ever since I started playing Emerald (years after Ruby had gotten dusty) I make sure to capture a Sableye because imo it's both useful and looks cool.

... technically, Charmander and the other Kanto pokémon are also "Gen 3 pokémon" though, aren't they? ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • UMMMMMMMMM it would be easier to tell you the Pokemon I don't like from gen III (which is Huntail and that's basically it haha).

If I had to narrow down to a top five though, in no particular order, then it would be Blaziken, Altaria, Regice, Latios (especially shiny because that greeeeeen), and Linoone.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Gen 3 Pokemon are Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Linoone, Ludicolo, Swellow, Pelipper, Gardevoir, Masquerain, Breloom, Ninjask, Shedinja, Hariyama, Sableye, Medicham, Aggron, Manectric, Wailord, Camerupt, Flygon, Cacturne, Altaria, Seviper, Solrock, Crawdaunt, Claydol, Cradily, Milotic, Dusclops, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Salamence, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latios, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aggron is probably still my favorite, but aside from that, Altaria, Medicham and Absol are three that come to mind right away. Aggron being a cool metal dinosaur thing that can learn a ton of moves, Altaria is a gorgeous cloud dragon that even got a Mega Evolution in ORAS, and Medicham and Absol are both really neat too. These are some I can name easily, I may be missing some.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    First would definitely have to be Salamence. Its design seems very fierce, if you ask me, which, in my eyes, is very fitting for a Pokémon like this. In terms of battling and whatnot, it performs quite wonderfully; once it has Dragon Dance on its move-set and uses at beginning of match, it would be able to sweep the entire opponent single-handedly without any trouble at all. Have used it many times myself, and it's never managed to disappoint.

Up next, is Flygon. Appearance-wise, it looks very slim and quick, which it is--Flygon is quite a fast Pokémon, especially for a dragon. It's got access to some decent moves in its arsenal as well, such as Earthquake, Swords Dance (if I'm not mistaken), and more, and majority of us could find these to be very helpful. Only thing that does make me sort of sad, in a way, is its typing; many of us wished to see it as partially a bug-type, which it isn't. It would have been cool if it were, especially since how it reminds us of insects at times.

Another would have to be Blaziken. Its design is unique, and is able to perform very nicely while battling. In most of my play-throughs of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, this the Pokémon that I wound up selecting as starter.

Few of my other favorites are Swampert, Metagross, and Duskull.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Charizard and lapras cause they were most useful for me in gen 3 games. In ruby I trained a flygon which I liked and one more useful pokemon was altaria

Years
  • Absol. It looks better than any pokemon in existence, in my opinion at least. It might not be the strongest, but that thing's a beast in my mind.

I generally call them Nyx (if they're female).

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • My favourite Hoenn Pokemon is Flygon. When I first found out that Trapinch evolves into Vibrava and Flygon I was really surprised. It was definitely something I didn't see coming nor did I fully understand at that time. However I love the whole feel of Flygon. Evolving from an 'underdog' to become a Dragon-type, being pretty good in battle too, and having such a sleek and elegant, yet cool, design, what's not to like?

Back