• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should unreasonable requests be restricted?

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    This is something that has annoyed me ever since the global trading has been around. There's too many people putting up low level common Pokemon and asking for rarer Pokemon. And then there's those looking for level 5 Charizards and such.

Should Game Freak do something about these outrages requests from traders?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is something that has annoyed me ever since the global trading has been around. There's too many people putting up low level common Pokemon and asking for rarer Pokemon. And then there's those looking for level 5 Charizards and such.

Should Game Freak do something about these outrages requests from traders?

They can't really do anything about them though. They can always release events that have Pokemon at unreasonably low levels if they wanted too as well. Some legendaries can be attained at low levels as well, so Gamefreak really cannot put caps on anything or restrict the GTS to fit the wants of a few players.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • While Xander has a point, I agree that there should be legality checks in the GTS so that everyone gets fair trades.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Well, I'm sure they could do something about, isn't there a way for the GTS check if a Pokémon is illegitimate? Gamefreak has to be aware of this issue by now, it's been happening for years. They can just program the game so that when asking for a Pokémon such as Zekrom or Flygon, a flag will be set that won't allow for 9+, 20+, ect.

Years
  • Xander probably explained most of it, but I'm all with the fact that legality checks should be implemented to allow for more fairer trades, which would eventually lessen the number of people offering trades that can't be possible like "Level 9 and under Zekrom".

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    All a legality check can do is see if they are hacked. It won't stop them from asking for low leveled evolved Pokemon. There really isn't any way for them to prevent any of those as it is possible to attain low leveled evolved Pokemon even if it doesn't make sense.

Some can naturally be found in the wilds while others can potentially be download events from Pokemon itself.

Pokemon wise they only thing they can restrict without making trades fairly pointless and even more stupid is adding the same hack filter that they do for tournaments. Anything else would still bring in the same results of extremely stupid requests. Not to mention all we'd end up seeing are low leveled Legendary Pokemon which all pretty much have been released as events.

Wobbu

Years
  • All a legality check can do is see if they are hacked. It won't stop them from asking for low leveled evolved Pokemon. There really isn't any way for them to prevent any of those as it is possible to attain low leveled evolved Pokemon even if it doesn't make sense.

Some can naturally be found in the wilds while others can potentially be download events from Pokemon itself.

Pokemon wise they only thing they can restrict without making trades fairly pointless and even more stupid is adding the same hack filter that they do for tournaments. Anything else would still bring in the same results of extremely stupid requests. Not to mention all we'd end up seeing are low leveled Legendary Pokemon which all pretty much have been released as events.

I see your point. If it was so easy to restrict impossible Pokémon in the GTS, they probably would've done it for the 5th. Gen games (and even the 4th Gen. games if they foresaw that issue). The easiest way to fix the issue would be disabling levels below 59 and/or banning legendary and evolved Pokémon, but that'll make everything worse. I guess we'll have to wait a few more months to see if Gamefreak comes up with a method of countering this problem.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I don't see why they couldn't add something to the server to flag when a request asks for unobtainable Pokemon. Most events can't be traded over the GTS anyway due to ribbons, but they could just update the request analysis over time if they wanted.

People spamming such requests when the magnemite coil was popular was really annoying. The GTS is just really frustrating to use in general, it needs a lot of improvement.

Wobbu

Years
  • I don't see why they couldn't add something to the server to flag when a request asks for unobtainable Pokemon. Most events can't be traded over the GTS anyway due to ribbons, but they could just update the request analysis over time if they wanted.

People spamming such requests when the magnemite coil was popular was really annoying. The GTS is just really frustrating to use in general, it needs a lot of improvement.

Don't forget, it's the people that are causing this issue, not the actual GTS. Hopefully everyone will grow up by the time X and Y are released.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Hi Gliese, I moved your thread over here to Pokémon Gaming Central as this covered more than just X/Y!

I do agree that a lot of the requests on the GTS are ridiculous. Half of them aren't even legal Pokémon you can get (Level 1 Mewtwo? Sure, okay). It'd be nice if they had brackets of Pokémon or something similar they'd set so you would have to trade something that is generally the same value of what you're offering.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    The 3DS does a lot more internet-based things than the DS did. It'd be very simple to download new legal flags off the internet whenever you connect to the GTS.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hopefully everyone will grow up by the time X and Y are released.
    Good luck with that. =p Each Pokemon gen brings in new young players, so it's not something that'll go away I'm afraid. Really the only way to fix it is to have a better system in place.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Those idiots don't really bother me. You can't fix stupid, afterall. If Gamefreak went around saying "alright, this trade isn't fair, we're pulling your trade down" then that would just piss people off. So I don't really see that happening.
    I wish they would just add a feature that would allow search results for a pokemon your willing to offer and what people are willing to give for it.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • The reason why people make unreasonable requests is such that they can use cloning glitches, etc, with "safety." Problem is, though, that people can just hack lv9 legendaries, such that they're better off asking for lv100 uncommon legendaries.

I believe that they should have fixed this problem now. More importantly, I wish that we'd be able to search more than just 7 results at a time... I could easily ignore the idiotic trade requests if I was given a list of 100 or so requests.

Back