• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holographic Electabuzz? Can't find anything similar

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    I've had this card for a very long time. I've never seen anything similar...normally it isn't holographic. I can't find anything online about it either. Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it (estimated value, of course, is appreciated as well).
    Thanks.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Checked it, found cards with the same illustration but the backround doesn't
    match. there was even a reverse one.

i guess they didn't get a scan of the one you have, and i guess it's rare then.
    but i still would say that it's worth is slighly bigger than the original's.

Years
  • I've had this card for a very long time. I've never seen anything similar...normally it isn't holographic. I can't find anything online about it either. Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it (estimated value, of course, is appreciated as well).
    Thanks.

Based on that holo pattern, I'm 99% sure it's fake to the max. That holo pattern's never been used in the TCG, and no version of the base set Electabuzz is holo except for the Best Of version, which is a reverse holo that looks like this:

183546.jpg

Checked it, found cards with the same illustration but the backround doesn't
    match. there was even a reverse one.

i guess they didn't get a scan of the one you have, and i guess it's rare then.
    but i still would say that it's worth is slighly bigger than the original's.

The reason you couldn't find anything at all is likely because the one in the OP is actually a fake.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Based on that holo pattern, I'm 99% sure it's fake to the max. That holo pattern's never been used in the TCG, and no version of the base set Electabuzz is holo except for the Best Of version, which is a reverse holo that looks like this:

183546.jpg

The reason you couldn't find anything at all is likely because the one in the OP is actually a fake.

YES! That's one of those I found.
    Actually wanted to mentoin that it could be fake, but I rather didn't, as I wasn't sure about it, I'm not a TCG
    pro after all...

Back