• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: New Ruby Hack: Pokemon Magma Ruby 202

How challenging and fun was this? (Fully aware that this is unoriginal, but I appreciate feedback. Y

• Far too brutally difficult and downright unfair.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Harder than expected

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Challenging, yet quite enjoyable.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Acceptable difficulty, and fairly entertaining.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Easier than expected.

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    You should remove the flags in the ship battles, so we can re-fight the gym leaders again. Maybe make it so that if you beat them on one trip, you can't beat them until you exit, then come back to the ship? And I'm absolutely loving the video I saw in the first post where you can look out the window of the ship! Sweet!

I really do like that idea, unfortunately, I don't know how to remove the flags from the ship battles, and I don't want to change that, so that I don't risk breaking the game.

I did however, make a new update for the elite four teams, due to some novelty in Steven's team, and the fact that Steven lacked his original signature pokemon Metagross. I did have to change the elite four's team around after that, so, be sure to check out this update!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    I really do like that idea, unfortunately, I don't know how to remove the flags from the ship battles, and I don't want to change that, so that I don't risk breaking the game.

I did however, make a new update for the elite four teams, due to some novelty in Steven's team, and the fact that Steven lacked his original signature pokemon Metagross. I did have to change the elite four's team around after that, so, be sure to check out this update!

OK. Maybe make it so that the gym leaders are rematchable at the battle tower, or something? Maybe add an extra house there? A rematch house? ooh. And maybe make it a spot to unofficially battle the elite four, and maybe steven! That would be amazing!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

I believe a solution to this would be: Set a different flag for every battle, then, when you exit the ship, clear all the flags. This way whenever you reenter, you get to battle them again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    I believe a solution to this would be: Set a different flag for every battle, then, when you exit the ship, clear all the flags. This way whenever you reenter, you get to battle them again.

That seems like a good idea. But I haven't seen much feedback on the gym leader rematches. Also, I have made yet another update, mostly to fix some movepool issues with lesser enemies, and to give a new inbattle background to some of the rematches.

Spoilers, here are the backgrounds
    Spoiler:

Though I don't know why this doesn't work with gym leaders. it would be nice to figure out how to get past that to make the boss fights feel atmospheric.

Also I had to tone down the 'exploitabilities' in the game.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Very difficult even in the beginning concerning a certain Lass. Btw, I think your 202 hack inspired someone to try the same, but with Emerald. I don't think I can post a link to it but while looking up Pokemon Hacks on a site I found something called Pokemon Emerald: Complete Hoenn Dex Edition. There's also a National Dex Edition, but I wanted to point this out as it seems you have inspired someone to try out a 202 hack as well. If this reply post ends up being deleted by an admin, please explain to me why in a message to me and I will remember to learn from my mistake in the future.

Back