• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spontaneity

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Have you ever just got up, put the keys in your car and then just taken off on a drive to wherever your gas tank runs out at? How spontaneous are you? Do you wish you were more spontaneous? Has spontaneity ever taken you somewhere or given you something that had you not just gotten up and went you would have never found? Have you ever felt regret when feelings of being spontaneous arose and you didn't follow them, or do you feel more at home with having every little detail planned out leaving nothing to chance?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Spontaneity is a great thing. Though I may not see spontaneity as doing something seemingly random, however. Spontaneity is something like... a happy accident. A marvelous painting you couldn't possibly construct through deliberation. A melody that flew in out of nothing and sounded amazing. It's that thing that comes with being one with what's called the Tao.

As for how spontaneous I am, unfortunately I am a middling man in that regard. Society has a lot of space for deliberation and I'm rather good at it, so I work with making things a lot instead of growing them. Here and there I end up trying to deliberate creativity and have to push my mind to let go so I can let the artist in me flow out freely. If I try deliberating art I fail, but if I let it come out like I don't care it is absolutely beautiful.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Last night was a perfect example of spontaneity. So my homeboy picked me up and we were trying to figure out what we were gonna do. We felt like playing beer pong, but he didn't have a table at his house so we ended up back at my house and after that we played Kings Cup. It wasn't even planned out and it was a fun night, it was me and like 5 people and we had the time of our lives. Those kind of nights are the best :)

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • Me acting on a random whim is typically how I wind up beating or playing through most of my video games; not in the mood for them one moment, but suddenly decide to turn on my consoles and end up marathoning games for hours. Just about everything I do tends to be pretty on-the-spot - most of my interactions with my friends, checking messages, and revisiting this site after having joined ages ago can count as a few! Spontaneously wandering into my brother's room one day actually wound up being really rewarding; I came across something that I had been looking for/desperately needed.

pkmin3033

I could not be less spontaneous if I tried...everything I do is planned. I'm a highly risk-averse individual, and in the past my spontaneous urges led me to do some very silly things, and whilst I have a little more common sense now than I used to, I'd still prefer not to give in to random urges to do...whatever.

I don't really regret not giving into spontaneous urges, even if they would have led to something positive for a change. I miss opportunities all the time, it's what comes of having the choice to do something or not do it; there isn't any point regretting it, you may as well make the most of it. Since I'm better able to do this if I remain in complete control of my actions, it makes more sense to me to grab opportunities that become available through choice, rather than random chance.

About the only spontaneous actions I give in to are to watch something or play something. I suppose that makes me dull, but it works for me, so.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i generally do a lot of things on a whim because why not
    like last monday i went to my friend's house- that was planned, we had a thing to work on- but ended up staying for way longer than i was going to, watched the first two harry potter movies, asked my friend if i could kiss him and now i have a boyfriend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Most of the time whenever I decide to go shopping, it's completely unplanned on my part. Other than that, I wouldn't say I'm much of a spontaneous person.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • it's not so much that I'm spontaneous, it's more that I'm really bad at planning things so I usually just don't and end up just going with the flow, a whatever happens happens kind of deal.

Nakala Pri

I'm the most spontaneous person in the entire world! KAZZAP howzat BUGGYBOOBOO YOU SMELL LIKE A PICKLE BOAT NYANYANYA *runs away*

Seriously, there is not a single second of the day I'm predictable. =D And what's the point of planning things when you're probably feel differently when you have to enforce the plan? So just cross that bridge when you come to it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • When it comes down to true spontaneity I'm not really spontaneous at all. However, that being said, I have never really made a plan for anything. I'll go with what I want to do, and most of the time things will work themselves out. And I only deal with problems if and when I come to them. I've never looked ahead to see what crossing a bridge will be like, I just get there and cross it. I live in the here and now. I don't dwell on the past, it's been and done, and there is nothing I can do to change it now. I don't make awful decisions for the future, but I don't make excessive plans for it either. I should say that I'm aware of the consequences of potentially bad decisions now, but I don't let the future hold me back from enjoying myself to fullest right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm usually only really spontaneous when super bored. There's been a few times where I'm bored out of my mind and I can't get a hold of anyone so I jump in my car and drive around looking for people. idk if that's spontaneous or psychotic, but it has worked out in my favor so far.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Only on rare occasions and even then it turns into optimization strats really fast. I can't even buy stuff, without running around in circles forever, trying to come up with a good combination of things to buy and the corresponding price they cost.

Years
  • The only thing I'm spontaneous with is eating and (unfortunately) talking. Everything else is planned.

Back