• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever cosplayed?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Have any of you guys ever been to like an anime or videogame convention and cosplayed as one of your favorite characters? Share stories. :)

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Yep!! At the beginning of 2015, I cosplayed Eren Jaeger (from SnK) at SacAnime. It was really fun, I had some great experiences and met a lot of people. The SnK panel itself was really cool too, it had all the english voice actors from the dub. Eventually, all the SnK cosplayers got to group together with the VAs and take a big group shot. I still have the costume in my closet, I wouldn't mind taking it out again.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Nope. I had the chance to once but I never went through with it. Sometimes I think it would be fun but I'm not sure if I'd ever really enjoy dressing up as a character.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I cosplayed as Coward Mont Blanc GUMI and Tsuruko from Ano Hana years and years ago-- but haven't gone to the trouble ever since. I'm far too cheap to buy wigs that I never use again-- and feel low-quality if I don't have a wig while cosplaying, so it's a constant struggle. (Plus I really hate getting weird guys asking me for pictures. It's such a damper when you wonder what kind of places your pictures will end up someday...) I'd really like to do at least one more cosplay again someday though! I love seeing other artists who are dressed up behind their tables.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I love cosplaying - for fun of course! I've been doing it for a few years now, but nothing to serious.

My first cosplay was a terrible closet cosplay of Naoi from Angel Beats.
    The following one I did a scout from Team Fortress 2 and the year after I did Nagisa from Free! - both were awesome since I got people coming up to me and saying hi which was awesome! I even had an old lady get into excited conversation with me about how much her son loved tf2.

It's also awesome when you see characters from the same anime/game see you and you fan over it as characters and such - and peoples want to take more photos of you. Also met a couple of people who've seen me on tumblr and they've come up and said Hi to me too.

This year's cosplay is still a debate which ones I want to do. I really want to be Napstablook from Undertale and one other thing but I can't decide. Debating between a sports anime cosplay and maybe Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club or even the Kid from Bastion if I had time.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I've never did any of these :( But I would LOVE to !!
    I would suck if I'll have to do a cosplay by myself! But I would love to wear it from someone else, you know :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I have done several cosplays. I've done Leo from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, Toph from Avatar, Eska from Legend of Korra and formal Leafeon from of course Pokemon.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I so want to cosplay. But I don't have any skills to make a good cosplay, and unfortunately I would only be wanting cosplaying female characters; which would make me terrible at it. ;~;

But...In a perfect world where I had everything I wanted; I'd totally cosplay Sailor Moon. :3

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I LOVE cosplay, I'm just so bad at time management. My first ever cosplay was Trucy Wright from Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice and I chose her because it looked like something I could handle and like it would be incredibly fun to wear. It was. I loved having people yelling out "Trucy!!!" <3

I haven't worn it yet, but my friends and I were gonna be L, Light & Misa Amane from Death Note. It's almost all finished up for the next con :) I've also been very, VERRRRY slowly working on Kat from LoL, Melissandre from GoT, and Franziska from Ace Attorney.

One of my favorite things to do at cons is look at all the cosplays and meet cosplayers :)

Cosplays I'd still love to do:
    Tharja and Lucina from Fire Emblem
    ANYONE, LITERALLY ANYONE from Legend of Korra and Avatar.
    A bunch more Ace Attorney characters
    The Nanas from Nana (Ideally I'd have enough people to form both Trapnest & Blast, but I don't).

Picture of Trucy~~~ (all but the dress (I made the buttons) and boots made by me!)
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I usually cosplay Ness from Earthbound, but the shirt I have is getting tight on me now, so I need a new one, haha. I'm actually going to a con tomorrow that's in my town. Going as Elle Mel Marta from Tales of Xillia 2. n__n

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Have never cosplayed. Would love to do it sometime. Need to get my body in shape before I try it though. Wouldn't wanna show off my fat n ugly side - not that I don't love myself and my body but it'll be sorta embarrassing no matter what costume I'd go with. :p

Someday, someday.

Anyway, have immense respect for these people. They put in so much time and effort into it. Hats off. <3

I LOVE cosplay, I'm just so bad at time management. My first ever cosplay was Trucy Wright from Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice and I chose her because it looked like something I could handle and like it would be incredibly fun to wear. It was. I loved having people yelling out "Trucy!!!" <3

I haven't worn it yet, but my friends and I were gonna be L, Light & Misa Amane from Death Note. It's almost all finished up for the next con :) I've also been very, VERRRRY slowly working on Kat from LoL, Melissandre from GoT, and Franziska from Ace Attorney.

One of my favorite things to do at cons is look at all the cosplays and meet cosplayers :)

Cosplays I'd still love to do:
    Tharja and Lucina from Fire Emblem
    ANYONE, LITERALLY ANYONE from Legend of Korra and Avatar.
    A bunch more Ace Attorney characters
    The Nanas from Nana (Ideally I'd have enough people to form both Trapnest & Blast, but I don't).

Picture of Trucy~~~ (all but the dress (I made the buttons) and boots made by me!)
    Spoiler:
    That dress is immediately recognizable! Cool stuff, really. Good job! :D
    Would love to see your Nanas, too :3

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I just did my first cosplay a few months ago, as my favorite character of all time. Shion Uzuki from Xenosaga. It was so much fun, and I really felt so... free and much prettier and better than myself. The part of the outfit I commissioned was extremely well-made and comfortable, and it was also a simple costume that was an excellent choice to wear in real life. Very practical. It even had a jacket I could remove whenever I wanted.

Here's an image. (I'm the one on the far right; the keyblade is not a part of the cosplay. Just some cool thing I bought while I was there)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know in my group of friends us girls will usually make our own costumes while the guys are more likely to buy theirs. We'd always get together and work on our stuff.

Back