• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mudkip, Treecko, and Torchic

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, Emerald was my first game. First time round I picked Torchic because I had it on a card (my favourite TCG card, until I lost it / it was stolen, I'm not really sure). Blaze Kick seemed like the most awesome thing ever when I first learnt it. Then May's Marshtomp kept wrecking me, so between the release of Emerald and Diamond I used Mudkip a lot. I never used Treecko after I finally figured out how to get past Slateport City (long story, I was young).

They're probably my favourite starters though, its always my hardest choice, I have to make the decision over and over for a couple of days before I start my game. These, Kanto and Sinnoh are the only ones where I like all the pokémon, in all their stages.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    Treecko- When the Hoenn games came out Treecko was my #1 choice I loved him. Now he's my 2nd favorite because his evolutions don't excite me like they used to

Torchic- I love Torchic.....but thats it. I find Combusken & Blaziken so horrible design wise. Combusken creeps me out....legit.

Mudkip- Used to be my least fave for years but once I actually gave Mudkip a chance I fell in love & now it's my favorite Pokemon/evolution line.

Years
  • Hoenn and Johto starters have one thing in common: there's more than one adorable starter to choose! unlike Sinnoh's starters which don't have any cute/powerful starters in my humble opinion. For some reason, I picked Mudkip, I think because I liked my Squirtle from FireRed (shame for not picking Charizard, I know...). I think I was also under the guise that Mudkip had a dual ground type, but learned it didn't after fainting from an electric attack.

Years
  • I choosed treecho, since he and his evolved form looks the coolest for me. i got awestrucked by seeing ash's sceptile. And i always choose the GrasS pokemon, whatever the problems may be i didn't giveup my grass pokemon, even in gym battling against fire pokemon.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • I've always been fond of grass types, Bulbasaur/Treeko are my pals in the end. They are both unique and aesthetically pleasing to me. If I could say that there are any complaints, I think it would have to be how rediculous Treeko's final forme is compaired with its second forme. Grovyle should definitely have been the final evolutionary form and sceptile should not have been part of the Evo chain....just looks really messed up and counter-evolutionary to how treeko goes to grovyle with the extra leafy stuff, to the bright orange-yellow bulbs all over it...what's up with that??

But I digress, grass types are my pals heheh

Back