• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

please rate my team and suggest pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    please take your time, my team is a bit coplicated and for heart gold.

Umbereon ability=sychronise held item=leftovers nature=bold
    -mean look
    -baton pass
    -toxic ~would charm or yawn be better here for when umbereon baton passes?
    -wish

Scizor ability=swarm held item=leftovers nature=adamant?
    -swords dance
    -agility
    -baton pass
    -silver wind

marowak ability=rock head held item=thick club nature=adamant
    -earthquake
    -stone edge
    -firepunch
    -double edge

wobbuffet ability=shadow tag held item=leftovers nature=calm
    -counter
    -mirror coat
    -encore
    -safeguard

dragonite ability=inner focus held item=life orb nature=brave
    -dragon claw
    -extreme speed
    -earthquake
    -roost

???????????? mabye a blastoise to counter scisor's fire weakness?
    -????????
    -???????
    -????????
    -???????

please suggest a final pokemon and rate my team. My tactitcs are to trap the first pokemon and baton pass another pokemon. Hopefully scizor, preform an agility and a couple of sword dances, then baton pass to marowak, or if necessery dragonite, who then beats nearly everything.
    wobbuffet will just be able to take out at least one pokemon or allow my scizor to repeat the sword dance thing. to dragonnite or marowak.
    The only problem i see is if the first pokemon has fire moves, then scizor will be defeated easily. Pherhaps i should have a blastoise so in case this happens i can baton pass to balstoise instead of scizor.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thank you so much for reading this.
    SCIZOR does look wrong. NINJASK would be better but i want a way to keep SCIZOR, mabye if i teach scizor roost or substitute instead of silver wind and include blastoise???

Last edited:

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • please take your time, my team is a bit coplicated and for heart gold.

Umbereon ability=sychronise held item=leftovers nature=bold
    -mean look
    -baton pass
    -toxic ~would charm or yawn be better here for when umbereon baton passes?
    -wish

Scizor ability=swarm held item=leftovers nature=adamant?
    -swords dance
    -agility
    -baton pass
    -silver wind

-earthquake
    -stone edge
    -firepunch
    -double edge

-counter
    -mirror coat
    -encore
    -safeguard

-dragon claw
    -extreme speed
    -earthquake
    -roost

???????????? mabye a blastoise to counter scisor's fire weakness?
    -????????
    -???????
    -????????
    -???????

please suggest a final pokemon and rate my team. My tactitcs are to trap the first pokemon and baton pass another pokemon. Hopefully scizor, preform an agility and a couple of sword dances, then baton pass to marowak, or if necessery dragonite, who then beats nearly everything.
    wobbuffet will just be able to take out at least one pokemon or allow my scizor to repeat the sword dance thing. to dragonnite or marowak.
    The only problem i see is if the first pokemon has fire moves, then scizor will be defeated easily. Pherhaps i should have a blastoise so in case this happens i can baton pass to balstoise instead of scizor.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thank you so much for reading this.
    SCIZOR does look wrong. NINJASK would be better but i want a way to keep SCIZOR, mabye if i teach scizor roost or substitute instead of silver wind and include blastoise???
    You do realize that if you plan on playing regular OU metagame that Wobbuffet is considered an "Uber" and thus illegal to be played in OU. So you need to switch him out with something else.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    oh?

i thought wobbeffet was considered uber, then it was moved down to OU. let me look online.

Ok it is uber i will have to change it. damn. wobbuffet is awesome

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Scizor should have Bullet Punch > Silver Wind and Technician over Swarm. I'll come back for a full rate later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    revised team

Hmm thank you for pointing out the technician ability and bullet punch. I much appreciate it. So i will alter my team a bit, because it didn't look right. This is the team i will make.

Umbereon ability=synchronise held item=leftovers nature=bold
    -mean look
    -baton pass
    -toxic
    -wish

Ninjask ability=speed boost held item=focus sash nature=jolly
    -substitute
    -protect
    -baton pass
    -swords dance

-earthquake
    -stone edge
    -fire punch
    -double edge

-counter
    -mirror coat
    -encore
    -safeguard

-dragon claw
    -extreme speed
    -earthquake
    -roost

Scizor ability=technician held item=life orb nature=adamant
    -baton pass
    -swords dance
    -bullet punch
    -roost

Does this look good. Sorry if your halfway through analysing the first team. However those comments will still be very useful.

BTW i know salamance is better than dragonite, i just think dragonite rocks and will only change him if salamance is quite a bit better than dragonite.

I now know wobbuffet is an Uber, but i now think this team can stand up to a team of Ubers. I think this team rocks. Also Im not sure about the EVs this is my first serious team im building.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Eww quote rates, i know, but its easy, and I can't be arsed with scrolling.

Hmm thank you for pointing out the technician ability and bullet punch. I much appreciate it. So i will alter my team a bit, because it didn't look right. This is the team i will make.

Umbereon ability=synchronise held item=leftovers nature=bold
    -mean look
    -baton pass
    -toxic
    -wish

I mean, I guess if you really want an Umbreon lead, you could do it, but your team would greatly beneifit from Stealth Rock, especially if its an Uber tier team (it is with Wobbufet) and Umbreon will get decimated.

Ninjask ability=speed boost held item=focus sash nature=jolly
    -substitute
    -protect
    -baton pass
    -swords dance

Don't give it a Focus Sash, give it Leftovers, since its most likely going to be baton passed into Rocks, since Deoxys-Speed is the most common lead.

-earthquake
    -stone edge
    -fire punch
    -double edge

I guess this guys role is to recieve the Baton Pass? If thats so then its good, but relying on Baton Pass is a pretty poor strategy in and of itself.

-counter
    -mirror coat
    -encore
    -safeguard

Not like you have alot of options with Wobbufet so this will work.

-dragon claw
    -extreme speed
    -earthquake
    -roost

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew. Dragonite is bad enough, but a non DD Nite is even worse, try the following set:

Dragonite @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Life Orb (pick one)
    224 HP / 84 Atk / 200 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~
    Dragon Claw / Outrage

~
    Earthquake

~
    Roost

Use DD once or Twice, then use Outrage or EQ (hits most stuff for Neutral or SE damage) Roost off your LO Recoil or other damage you have taken.

Scizor ability=technician held item=life orb nature=adamant
    -baton pass
    -swords dance
    -bullet punch
    -roost

Why does Scizor have Baton Pass? Seems pretty useless tbh, since Ninjask's job is to Baton Pass SD/Speed boosts. Put in something like Brick Break or Superpower, so it has better coverage than just Bullet Punch and doesn't get walled by steels all day.

Does this look good. Sorry if your halfway through analysing the first team. However those comments will still be very useful.

BTW i know salamance is better than dragonite, i just think dragonite rocks and will only change him if salamance is quite a bit better than dragonite.

I now know wobbuffet is an Uber, but i now think this team can stand up to a team of Ubers. I think this team rocks. Also Im not sure about the EVs this is my first serious team im building.

Comments in bold.

Additional Comments:

If you really want to utalize Ninjask's Baton Passing, you need a Rapid Spinner, since it gets raped by Stealth Rock. (I suggest replacing Wobbufet with one)

Baton Passing strategies are kinda predictable, so this team most likely won't last long in the current metagame.

I strongly encourage you to replace Umbreon with anything that can learn Stealth Rock.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spr_4d_202_f.png

<Wobbuffet> WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABUFFET!

Translation : I am uber, remove me because i am banned.

EDIT :

And no this team cant stand up to ubers, because i mean everything in the uber tier beats this team. If you want me to elaborate it will lol. Remove Wobby and stick to OU where this has a better chance of working.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    Dark Azelf i didn't know you could speak pokemon. *Amazed*

hmmm i see, well i'll change it. I realy like umbereon and it's moveset. This might take me a while. #sigh#

the reason why i put a baton pass on scizor is so that i could baton pass to dragonite and use earthquake or extreme speed. Or i could fit him between ninjask and marowak or between umbereon and ninjask if necessery. I thought all these baton passers not in a chain could create flexability against any type that i trap with umbereon. I guess this fails, but well if this won't work i suppose i will have to take your suggestions, using an Azelf with stealh rock to start and mabye give scizor superpower and U-turn.

Though you are sure all these baton passers wont work, because it does allow me to choose which pokemon to use against a trapped one. doesn't wobuffet's ability compliment a trap-baton passing team?

Last edited:
    Back