• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    Wow... Thank you so much!

Wow... Thanks for the quick response. Thanks a lot it works now.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • I got a question...
    I want to change the palette from the tiles of digletts cave, in A-Map it says that it is palette 8 so I searched it in APE and changed the palette but it doesn't change
    Any help?
    Well poke-roy, the are more than one palette per tileset so Why don't you search again, and keep replacing palettes until it can't be found anymore.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2007
    hey guys :) i have a question
    i have a gameboy emulator on my cell phone the sony ericsson k790. It can run red, blue and yellow almost perfectly. I put crystal on and i guess the phone cannot run the rom that well, it takes years to load things, probably cuz their is so many different colours. So i was wondering if there was a way to change crystal to having less colours? :S i dont know if im asking the right question but i think that if it is more like pokemon red/blue etc, then it will run smoother. Any ideas how this can be done?? thx

P.S
    oh i just realized that the main lagging comes from the pokemon battles...So....if that helps at all lol

Last edited:

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    I am trying to change the starters for my hack, but whenever I try to open it in Advance starter it says it is not supported. I tried opening an unedited version of my hack (just the original firered) and it opened it. Did I edit something wrong?

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
  • hey guys :) i have a question
    i have a gameboy emulator on my cell phone the sony ericsson k790. It can run red, blue and yellow almost perfectly. I put crystal on and i guess the phone cannot run the rom that well, it takes years to load things, probably cuz their is so many different colours. So i was wondering if there was a way to change crystal to having less colours? :S i dont know if im asking the right question but i think that if it is more like pokemon red/blue etc, then it will run smoother. Any ideas how this can be done?? thx

P.S
    oh i just realized that the main lagging comes from the pokemon battles...So....if that helps at all lol

Erm, This is ROM Hacking btw :\. And I really dont know.

I am trying to change the starters for my hack, but whenever I try to open it in Advance starter it says it is not supported. I tried opening an unedited version of my hack (just the original firered) and it opened it. Did I edit something wrong?

Err... I've never had that problem before. You could try downloading a new advance starter or a diff Firered since i tried it before and it worked fine.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    Before you tell me to go read an FAQ or something let me just say that I did my homework. I looked in all the FAQs, I ran searches, I did everything. Trust me, I've been "the noob" too many times over the years not to.

With that out of the way: how exactly do I apply patches?

I want to play ShinyGold. I downloaded the patch, and I have a FireRed rom. I renamed the files to be the same. Where do I go from there?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a program called LIPS involved, right? Where do I download it?

Or am I just completely off base here? Any help would be appreciated.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    LIPS is involve in patching a 'patched' file onto a ROM.

Simply go to www.studiopokemon.com/wah to get the tool called 'LIPS' or 'Lunar IPS'...

However, it is in Spanish, but there's an English button.

;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    Is there a way to delete all the maps in the ROM, so that I can create an entirely new map?

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    Erm, This is ROM Hacking btw :\. And I really dont know.

Err... I've never had that problem before. You could try downloading a new advance starter or a diff Firered since i tried it before and it worked fine.
    Where can I get a newer one? I had that similar problem, well except it was text with A-Text, and I got a newer version from a link from pokeroy and it owrked. So maybe this will work. I got my A-Starter from that freewebs page. Is that specific enough?

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Pokemon white

Is Follump still working on Pokemon White verson?

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
  • Where can I get a newer one? I had that similar problem, well except it was text with A-Text, and I got a newer version from a link from pokeroy and it owrked. So maybe this will work. I got my A-Starter from that freewebs page. Is that specific enough?

Err.. I got mine from HackMew's Tools Page. It's in the toolbox forums

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Hmm. Well that's strange. Using Hackmew's overworld editor on Pokemon Sapphire, I edited Stephen to be a AlttP version of Link. The first time I saw his sprite (facing forward) it was normal. The second time I saw the sprite (again, facing forward) all the colors were inverted. Should I be concerned about this or have to restart editing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back