• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Answer 1: Nothing really, this game is technically complete so any issues in the game tend to be minor at worst.

Answer 2: At the moment legendaries are very late purchases at the pokemon shop. I dunno if that'll change in the next update planned, FL is the one to make that call.

Answer 3: Battle, of course lol

@ FL: I heard pokemon essentials is now in version 14 now as of a couple months ago, that might help with some of the ideas others have pitched to you if you think its a good idea.
Yes! I'm always checking Essentials and porting things when I'm making a version with new content.

Actually, I have 1 more question:
I know now that most legendaries have to be purchased at the pokemon shop,but at what rank do you have to be to purchase the 1st one?
Complete the game (Oaks talks about the last challenge after certain progress).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
Yes! I'm always checking Essentials and porting things when I'm making a version with new content.

Oh I got another question about berries, since a number of berries only have a use in pokeblock/poffin, and since we don't have contests in this game (at least not yet I dunno what you intend to do) what good are berries like Spelon, Bluk, Razz, Watmel, or others like them that the berrydex says are used mainly in pokeblock or for making berry powder? Might it be possible to find some other use for them in the next version, or whatever future release you might think of doing down the road? An obvious choice would to be to sell them for extra cash but I would think having more variety of things to do with berries might be better if at all possible.

Like perhaps specialized pokemon food which can help make a pokemon friendlier, or add some other form of benefits. I hear Essentials 14 features some mechanics seen in some of the more recent games, like I heard that there was a feature to emulate "move experiance" like which is seen in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. This would be an amazing little mechanic to use to add a world of new strategies in the colloseum since it would allow for a wide variety of choice in move sets beyond what we have right now. If using those berries to work move experiance could be done that'd be worth implimenting.

Besides that if anything else a big thing to work on IMO is some grammar issues as well as revised diologue for many of the characters. Especially since many repeat their end battle message if you talk to an NPC after battle, it seems kinda weird to make them like a broken record almost. And definately see about giving the opening diologue to trainers who you re-battle a overhaul too as everyone saying "Rematch?" robs a lot of immersion I think.

As for the trainers you fight in the Arena alongside the rival, I could see story events occuring with each of them, might it be possible to have more plot events?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Oh I got another question about berries, since a number of berries only have a use in pokeblock/poffin, and since we don't have contests in this game (at least not yet I dunno what you intend to do) what good are berries like Spelon, Bluk, Razz, Watmel, or others like them that the berrydex says are used mainly in pokeblock or for making berry powder? Might it be possible to find some other use for them in the next version, or whatever future release you might think of doing down the road? An obvious choice would to be to sell them for extra cash but I would think having more variety of things to do with berries might be better if at all possible.

Like perhaps specialized pokemon food which can help make a pokemon friendlier, or add some other form of benefits. I hear Essentials 14 features some mechanics seen in some of the more recent games, like I heard that there was a feature to emulate "move experiance" like which is seen in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. This would be an amazing little mechanic to use to add a world of new strategies in the colloseum since it would allow for a wide variety of choice in move sets beyond what we have right now. If using those berries to work move experiance could be done that'd be worth implimenting.

Besides that if anything else a big thing to work on IMO is some grammar issues as well as revised diologue for many of the characters. Especially since many repeat their end battle message if you talk to an NPC after battle, it seems kinda weird to make them like a broken record almost. And definately see about giving the opening diologue to trainers who you re-battle a overhaul too as everyone saying "Rematch?" robs a lot of immersion I think.

As for the trainers you fight in the Arena alongside the rival, I could see story events occuring with each of them, might it be possible to have more plot events?
You can make Berry Juice at certain building with any berry plus $50. I changed berry prices too, so selling some berries like Belue is a very good way of earning money at early game. And only berries 16-20 and 27-35 that doesn't have an effect.

I never heard anything about "move experience" on Essentials. And I didn't want to change pokémon battle mechanics.

Dialog lines for NPCs remaches isn't worth it, since making different bilingual dialog lines for hundreds of trainers makes me run out of ideas, and probably almost no one will even do a remach with half of these trainers.

And feel free to point me grammar mistakes.

Since there's more than 10 rivals, making different events for each one don't worth it. About more plot. I am planning for version 2.0 having a little more plot, even with a different final boss.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
Ok I figured it's worth mentioning. Among the grammar problems I noticed mainly among the rival characters, especially the main female rival. I can't remember specifics but mainly a lot of sentence structure issues.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
VERSION 1.2f WITH CORRECTED BUGS RELEASED!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
not bad working out some bugs, it makes waiting for the next major update more worthwhile, thank you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Hi, i can't make this game work. I have windows 7 64-bit, i tried every compatibility mode and none of them works, all i get is "rgss player has stopped working" the moment i launch it. Pls help

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
Hi, i can't make this game work. I have windows 7 64-bit, i tried every compatibility mode and none of them works, all i get is "rgss player has stopped working" the moment i launch it. Pls help

I have the same version and computer.It works fine for me.Maybe one of the files wasn't downloaded correctly,or is corrupted.Try re-downloading the game.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
That was the first thing i did. Simple things like this won't fix it.
If you have the minimum system requirements necessary, extracted the entire folder and do the described in troubleshooting section of Readme.txt, so I don't know why the game wasn't working.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
Oh I have bought tm surf. But it didn't work .
Lauch ? Anyway 39 for advice

U mean TMS Surf,Rock Clim,Move Rock,Fly Can't work out side of battle?
Sr my English is very bad

Last edited by a moderator:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Oh I have bought tm surf. But it didn't work .
Lauch ? Anyway 39 for advice

U mean TMS Surf,Rock Clim,Move Rock,Fly Can't work out side of battle?
Sr my English is very bad

They don't work outside of battle because they're NOT NEEDED outside of battle.
Except for the item needed for SURFing.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
CAn you make a fast forward button?
This game is good and a fast forward feature to increase gameplay speed will make it AWESOME!!!!
The fastforward makes the game looks a little unnatural and isn't too necessary because I put several options to make the game can be more quick like reverse run (you normally run and when holding the run button you walk), quick battle start, quick hp bar up/down speed, etc...
I suggest using the "fast" text option.

Where is save file for newest version? (1.2e or f)
Read me said:
the file from the game folder (the same where is this text file) "Game.rxdata"

Back