• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
@Destiny

Is your patch fix problem such as after 4th gym badge or more, it starting to crash/freeze bad? Im using no$ gba 2.6a.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
.. no it fixes freezing., thats what i know
because it crashes on me when i defeated morty and got the 4th gym badge

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
Destiny, thanks for the info, but I got my DS back today so I started playing the game on it :)
Hope other people gets to play it too.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Sparda_87- It should.
uchiha_madara15 - Amount of time/events after freeze, any Action Replay codes being used? Also, are you using HeartGold or SoulSilver? Version of Windows used (e.g. XP/Vista)? Emulator sound enabled?

Electroshock- These are my settings on the NO$gba 2.6a emulator in its CONFIGURATION file optimised for speed.

GBA Mode == VGA (poppy bright)
NDS Mode == Nintendo DS (normal 4MB)
Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh == Unlimited MHz Disaster, 50%
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)
Topmost Display Lines == -Display Normal
Sound Output Mode == Digital Mono (fast)
Sound Desired Sample Rate == -High (44kHz) (best)
Video Output == 24bit True Color
Emulate BIOS Functions == By real GBA.ROM (accurate)
Solar Sensor Level == Darkness
GBA Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
NDS-Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
Multiboot Port == -None/Disabled
Multiboot Completion == -Auto-close Upload Box
Multiboot Normal/BurstDelays == -Fast/Fast (best)
Game Screen Filter == None (fast)
Decompressed Help File == Delete after Usage
Create Game Window at == Upper/right of Debug Window
Game Screen Sizing == Strict
IIgame_size == normal
Number of Emulated Gameboys == -Single Machine
Link Gamepaks == -Gamepaks in all GBAs
Link Cable Type == None
Performance Indicator == -Show Timing only if <>100%
Autosave Options == -Nope
Load ROM-Images to == -All machines

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
"destiny" -about 10 events below before its freze, and always crash ,i'm playing heartgold and i'm using XP.....
thats my prob. before but now i have no problem no freezing no crashing and runs faster and perfectly ..i fix it on my own
i found a great "firmware bin" that fix all of those problems and i found an heartgold rom that is free from freezing'
another thing "RUDOLF PATCH IS WORKING" only for freezes but sometimes it freeze

I use this code and it works
THIS IS FOR SS BLACK SCREEN CODE:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

THIS IS FOR HG BLACK SCREEN CODE:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

THANKXX!.,

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Done 4 gyms:- no crashes for 2 hours with the rudolf patch on my R4DS (on a ds console)
Gastly lvl 19
Wooper lvl 19
Noctowl lvl 20
Quilava lvl 20
Flaafy lvl 19
Bayleef lvl 20 (traded from HG)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
mine have all 16 badges, beaten red no crashes/freezing - heheheheehehehee i just like 2 share,. now finding all legendaries!!....
Togekiss lvl 86
Typhlosion lvl 96
Red Gyarados lvl 86
Graveler lvl 86
Amparos lvl 86
Victreebel lvl 86

B)

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Uchicha. its THOSE AR CODES THAT ARE CAUSING THE random FREEZING -.-
While they prevent Blackscreen (when loading rom) they freeze the game at random points. That's why I recommended encryption, because it prevents the freezing rather than causing it. If you had those codes enabled the entire time, that's why it froze for you, but it hasn't frozen for me yet and I've played for nine hours.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
DESTINY-on the others maybe yes,in my opinion yes ! n i was disable the code when i surpass the blackscreen and its not freezing but my rom crashes before, that destroy my game.. and then i found a perfect rom that already patch and i use until now it has no freezes n crash,. and I FINISH THE WHOLE GAME W/ NO ANY PROBLEMS !!!!,.
i use rudolf patch before
and its not helpful ,it freezes every time ..
-man where are you in the game now?i already beat the game.,

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2010
can someone help me. i play with the nosgba and the game crash in battler when i knock out the enemy, i hav no other problem, what can i do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
I'm playing Global PokedexPLUS ;x If you disabled it, it should be ok then, maybe, because I just couldn't be stuffed to enable it EVERYTIME I wanted to play the game, normally I patch the AR codes onto the ROM permanently. And yeah, I used so many AR codes to get shiny, I got bored of it xD
bigsebasco- Turn on the sound :x

chillxd

メインモシ
Years
question:

if i played the ss rom on a DS lite with r4

would i be able to do wifi stuff like trade, battle, etc?

Years
This is a question that has probably been asked a thousand times so I'm sorry if it has but........

I use no$gba. I got the dark screen fixed up with the cheat but sometimes the rom will freeze or get a image rom has crashed message. Is there a way to stop this??? When I re load the rom it goes back to where I had the game saved when I first opened the rom and it doesn't record other saved data between opening the rom and when it crashes

Years
Hey I have a problem with SS. At the start up is run fine but when the oak intro end my screen go black. What should I do. I am using No$Gba. I have no problem runing Platinum. I played it 44:28 hours just crashing image only one time and didn't got and black screen wile playing also I can play it with 3x seed with all the setting on high level. I finished the elit four and now i am in battle frontire. So can any one help me how to get rid of this black screen problem for Soul Silver, please.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
Hey DESTINY-do you how to trade in pokemon HEARTGOLD to SOULSILVER ?>,

and somebody help me on how to trade w/ this

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
got a fix

i got the fix to get after 4th gym
1.i have 4748 pokemon heartgold from romulation
2.patch it with rudolp patch
3.get the bios
4.when i played bios first time my rom would crash so get any other game rom for ex pokemon platinum open using gba bios now when on bios screen go to file,select cartilage and select heartgold rom now open it play it fix no balckscreen or loading crash
belive me it worked. reply if it worked

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2010
I can save with no Problem but when I open the .nds file and select my game save, the screen goes black.

However if I enable the cheat that stops the black screen after when you first start the game up and talk to Prof. Oak the games works okay.

The game also freezes whenever I reduce a Pokemon's HP to 0, I can run from a battle with no problem but if I fight it the game freezes.

Any help?

I am using NO$GBA 2.6.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
try this

jake for black screen you may encrypt the rom using destiny's encrypter and for freeze use Rodolph universal play patch v2
i use no$gba 2.6a

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
DARKERM- just use these codes for the blackscreen ,these is for both heartgold and soulsilver!><

CODE:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back