• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Tournament

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
  • Welcome to the new Monotype tournament

As the title says, this will be a monotype-based competition in which you`ll choose a type, post your team, and be ready for the battle.

The rules are the following:
    . All matches MUST be doubles (like in VGC) unless both opponent agree to fight in another style.
    . There won`t be 2 teams with the same signature type (with this i mean, no two Poison-based teams re allowed. the first who wants to use it is who will be using it)
    . all matches must be 6 vs 6, and only 1 try (not things like the best of 3 or such)
    . No more than 1 legendary per team. (this is because some types dont have allowed legendaries)

Standard rules:
    . No ubers (by smogon tiers)
    . Species Clause
    . Sleep Clause
    . Hax Clause
    . Evasion Clause
    . OHKO clause
    .Self Destruct Clause (the last pokemon in attacking with a recoil move wins, no matter if it faints, however, this wont aply for Explosion or Self Destruct)

Additional rules:
    . Drizzle Complex Clause (no Drizzle and Swift swim in the same team. however, they can be used separately, and Swift swim can be combined with Rain dance)
    . Freeze Clause (if your opponent is haxy enough to freeze two or more pokemon at the same time in the battle, the match must be reset. this to avoid "Hax victories" since freeze is just like sleep status)

ok, we`ll need a minimum of 8 people to run the tournament. the max amount will be the number of species in the game (which i think is around 15). remember, you`ll need to post your pokemon, but it`s not necesary to post abilities, moves, and such.

i.e (and my official chart):

Participant: Tsukimaru
    Type: Flying
    Team:

• Gliscor
    • Zapdos
    • Aerodactyl
    • Dragonite
    • Crobat
    • Charizard
    *Please note that i cannot be the 1st place even though i get to win the tourney. all the possitions would run 1 up.

Prices:
    As we all know, it is no tournament without prices. so, here`s what you can win:

1st Place:
    Shiny Lugia (soft-reset obtained)
    OT: Kyle
    ID: 28613
    Lv 70
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Timid nature

• Hydro Pump
    • Extrasensory
    • Ancientpower
    • Natural Gift

Shiny Ho-Oh (Soft-reset obtained)
    OT: SASHA
    ID: 00724
    Lv 70
    @ Master Ball
    Trait: Pressure
    Naughty nature

• Natural Gift
    • Extrasensory
    • Ancienpower
    • Fire Blast
    Shiny Rayquaza (Soft-Reser obtained)
    OT: SILVER
    ID:54018
    Lv 80
    @ Eviolite
    Trait: Air Lock
    Naughty nature

• Outrage
    • Dragon Pulse
    • Hyper beam
    • Extremespeed
    2nd Place

Shiny Treecko (Masuda method)
    Origin: Unnova
    OT: Julius
    ID: 91476
    Lv 5
    @Eviolite
    Trait: Overgrow
    Modest Nature

• Pound
    • Leer
    • (none)
    • (none)
    Shiny Charmander (Masuda method)
    Origin: Johto
    OT: ASH
    ID: 76309
    Lv 5
    @Charcoal
    Trair: Blaze
    Timid Nature

• Scratch
    • Growl
    • (none)
    • (none)
    Shiny Totodile (Masuda method)
    Origin: Johto
    OT: Mason
    ID: 66294
    Lv 5
    @ Macho Brace
    Trait: Torrent
    Naughty Nature

• Scratch
    • Leer
    • (none)
    • (none)

*Special thx to all the breeders/collectors that traded me this pokes so i could make this tourney ;)
    All of them are UT, just LV up by Rarecandy, so you can train them as much as you like

i`ll be posting the participants in the main post. we`ll beggin in February 20th 2012.

Give it a try and good luck ;)

Last edited:
    Back