• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best villain team?

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
  • Should have had a Pole. . . I like Team Rocket for the purpose that they didn't look too weird. Second would be team Flare for wanting cash and the end of the world. Team Rocket is nice though because they didn't want to kill everything, just wanted to control it. I don't know what I'm saying. Don't listen to me.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    TR or Team Rocket being just dominant all and they don't look too way fashion themed and yes, Team Flare wants big bucks and "the end is neigh" type of villain.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I liked Team Plasma :) granted, I haven't finished a Unova game yet, but I sorta know their story. They did something different than wanting power or world domination or destroy the world or something. Sure, they were just a cover for something like that, but they were interestingly refreshing.

Team Rocket totally had the best look though.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Team Rocket are the best at being evil, but Ghetsis is the best individual villain in the series, hands down. Of course, Team Magma are just awesome and the writing for their characters is just so damn good. And, uh, team Galactic have nice battle themes.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    Difficult decision, but probably Plasma if you include the old Plasma and Neo Plasma. It's quite a big contrast and their themes are decent, Ghetsis is also genuinely quite intimidating in BW2 as well. I almost went for Galactic...but I've always thought that they were a bit /dumb/ having their hideouts in broad daylight, the structures sticking out within the city as if they were holding up 'WE'RE RIGHT HERE' signs. Oh Cyrus...

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • Well I'd have to say that I like Team Rocket (duh, right? XD) with Team Magma tying them for most favorite.
    I didn't really think too much of any of the other teams. They were just 'meh' to me.

Years
  • Not just because they were originals, but Team Rocket is easily my favorite of the criminal organizations, as they're main goal is to, well, be evil. Sure, some of the other teams have more interesting ulterior motives, but recolonizing in space and trying to flood the earth in the name of Pokemon just seem like dumb ideas to add more story. Though, Team Aqua's uniforms were pretty cool, so I will give them that.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I liked Team Plasma. It appeared as though they are really going with their secret plan and not having the members to be complete idiots.

Years
  • I also liked Team Plasma, in both BW and B2W2. Although the former was held in by Ghetsis' facade to it being a play up to his scheme in the end, they still attempt to do something different than most other teams have. And in the latter they're a lot more open about their plans, even if it goes back to more of the same thing.

pkmin3033

Team Galactic for me, hands down. Their Commanders had the most personality (I think it was the hair and the planetary naming scheme that did it) and Cyrus in particular is the most interesting villain ever to come out of a Pokemon game to me, for his philosophies and motivation.

Plus, destroying the world and remaking it in your image is far more grandiose and diabolical than just ruling it. At least to me. Other teams think too small!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I like Team Rocket because they're literally the only team that has ever seemed sinister to me, but I'm also pretty fond of Team Aqua because of how nostalgic Sapphire Version is to me, and the development that Archie and the other characters received in Alpha Sapphire.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Plasma because it did a great job being a PETA that's runned by elite supremacists. Plus the dissension into a White and Black evokes some sort of chessboard war and has an underlying idea of tradition vs modernity paralleling white vs black.

Galactic is a bit too scary for me; theocracies are literally hellholes to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Team Rocket! Even though in the original games they had no proper admins and just a leader, their attempts throughout the game made them interesting, especially in G/S/C with the incorporation of the 4 admins.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Aesthetically in terms of style, Team Rocket was the best of the business. One of my favorite parts of HG was to dress up as one of their members and scare everyone XD

In terms of the characters, I loved the team Galactic the most. Cyrus was a genuinely creepy yet very interesting character - probably a little deranged too.

Oh, and Team Aqua in Sapphire had the coolest music :D

Back