• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games series you'd bring back

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • Totally not inspired by Dragon's thread :p Anyway what are some series -now no longer being worked on- that you would bring back from the dead and why?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Golden Sun. I'm not going to achieve eternal happiness unless they bring a proper ending to the series; like I'll neeeeever accept that ending from Dark Dawn to be the end. Never. Other than that, not much comes to mind, but I'd love to see the Swordcraft story series to come back too, to the U.S. The original Summon Night series is continuing in Japan, but, I loved the Sword Craft series. ;__;

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Dark Cloud, where art thou? If given the chance, I'd bring back the series in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, this will probably never come to fruition with what Level-5 has been planning and laying out for their future.

Outlier

Banjo Kazooie if they could bring back most of the original Rare team. I'd rather no more games than another bastard spin-off like Nuts & Bolts though.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • MECHWARRIOR :D praise keresnsky shal it happen! (NOT living legends, NOT mechwarrior ONLINE... but ORIGINAL! i.e: mechwarrior 2)

i just feel mechwarrior died after mechwarrior 4, i miss the singleplayer games...

TY

Not sure if I want to, usually they end up being bad games, but I want Westwood C&C back.. NOT EA C&C, those games were awful.

Years
  • First and only series that comes to mind would be Xenosaga. It was one of those games that I played early in my childhood and I still retain the original game from way back when my sister purchased it. Been meaning to get around to getting the third episode off eBay, but have never gotten around to it. Regardless, I wish they hadn't pulled the plug on this series as I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Golden Sun, just for the sole reason that you should never end a game with a cliffhanger if you don't plan to make a sequel.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
  • Battle Toads. I remember staying up night just to finish the whole game on my dad's old NES. T'was the bomb.

Years
  • Poor Xenosaga got the plug pulled on it wayyyy too early. I'm more upset that the ending is more of a cliffhanger than a true resolution, and I feel they could've continued from that point forward. x_x;

Apparently they had sequels planned, according to Wikipedia, which I don't doubt, but it's unfortunate that they never followed through with those supposed plans :c

pkmin3033

Well, my two biggest asks - Star Ocean and Luminous Arc - both have upcoming entries, so I guess all that would remain for me is The Legacy of Kain and Final Fantasy Tactics, both for the same reasons: they have fantastically rich worlds with an engrossing and detailed history, a superb cast of characters, and both have been given the cold shoulder in favour of lesser series for no adequately explored reason. Kain is BEGGING for another entry after Defiance - a proper one; Nosgoth in no way counts as a Legacy of Kain game - and of all of the FF worlds, Ivalice is the one that has had the most thought and detail put into it, and I'd love to see the next chapter in its history.

Years
  • Mega Man, but only if it's given to Keiji Inafune since anything Capcpom puts out without him will probably be terrible, and likely purposefully so just so they can point at it and go "SEE NO ONE CARES ABOUT MEGA MAN ANYMORE". At the very least, I just want Mega Man Legends 3 and some sort of conclusion to the classic series since (as far as I know) the others already have some sort of ending.

Also-

I AM STILL WAITING ON JAK 4 NAUGHTY DOG.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd bring back F-Zero. Although the series has not seemed to have garnered as much followers as, say, Mario Kart, I'm sure a lot of people, including me, still thought it to be great. If they were to allow F-Zero back in, especially now that Wii U is released, many of us fans would appreciate it. Aside from that, I feel it'd also be nice to see Banjo-Kazooie be given another chance.

Back