• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Extreme

Should I change the starter Pokémon? (Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur)

• Yes

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Temporarily taken down the Beta. Encountered several errors that need fixing, should be back up shortly! :)

This is an enhancement of Pokemon
    badge-firered.png

I welcome you to... Pokemon Fire Red Extreme!

description.jpg

Welcome to Pokemon Fire Red Extreme. This is an 'enhancement' of the original Pokemon Fire red, which includes different features (listed below) and before you say anything this IS NOT a hack. There are many hacks that are avaliable so if you don't like this then don't bother critisising me. This is for those who enjoy a challenge, and this game is challenging, you may say, oh it's easy to edit the trainers, gyms, ect. however, it's not as easy as it sounds as you need to remember and edit every trainer's pokemon and levels and there are ALOT of trainers and this takes time and effort. I am saving you the time of editing the trainers by doing it myself, so I don't see the reason why you need to complain, so if you do want a challenge then by all means download this.
    I have never created a hack before and my skills with hacking tools aren't so strong. I have made this game extremely challenging, meaning that the Elite four's Pokemon go beyond the levels of 70.
    There will be some changes in beta 2 from feedback I receive, and I created this mainly for people to have a shot at it and give me feedback on areas that I can improve upon, so I hope you enjoy and if any bugs occur, please post it in the comment's, thank-you. :)
    rominfo.jpg

Name: Pokemon Fire Red Extreme
    Rom Base: 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)
    Date Started: 8th October 2010
    Current Beta: 1.0
    Patcher: Lunar IPS

features.jpg

As this is an enhancement of the game, there are not as many features to it as there would be in a hack
    • Increased Difficulty
    • Enhanced Gyms (Higher levels, different teams)
    • Enhanced Trainers (Higher levels, Some need to be edited)
    • Rival's team fully enhanced.
    • Enhanced Elite Four (Much Tougher)
    • Gym Leaders have more pokemon (some have upto 6)
    • Johto, Kanto & Hoenn Pokemon obtainable in the wild (Still being edited)
    • New Starters
    I plan to add more features in the upcoming beta, such as new items in mart, more trainers edited, more pokemon in the wild, possibly one or two new events (if my mapping skills are improved :P).

nq23km.png

Tools used

A-Map (Advanced Map)
    A-Trainer (Advanced Trainer)
    A-Mart (Advanced Mart)
    APE (Advanced Pallete Editor)
    XSE (Extreme Script Editor)

screenshots.jpg

As the rules are strict on what screenshots can and can't be, there are currently few screenshots. However, there are more to come.
    (Starters may change upon feedback)
    *These are only Battle Scene screenshots but that's only because there isn't anything different I can take a screetshot of (since I haven't edited the map or any cities ect.)

Kanto & Hoenn Pokemon Obtainable!

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_01.png

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_02.png

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_05.png

All 386 Pokémon Catchable
    Receive the National Dex in Viridian City!

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_04.png

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_03.png

*If any bugs occur please report them to me. Please note that all trainers have NOT been edited as it takes some time, they will hopefully be updated in Beta 2.

Thank-you. :)

Beta 1 features:

In beta 1 I have changed the starters, I have edited EVERY gym and EVERY trainer in the gyms, there are minor changes to the wild in some places (Route 1 -Route 10) i.e level differences, I have included atleast 50+ Hoenn Pokemon from Routes 1 - 10. I am still currently editing the wild Pokemon & Levels and I am currently editing trainers in caves, routes ect. I should have Beta 2 up VERY soon.
    Also, ALL Gyms (Including Gym Trainers) have been edited, as for all other trainers, I have yet to edit them.

*TO RECEIVE THE NATIONAL DEX,
    TALK TO THE OLD MAN AFTER HE TEACHES YOU HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON.

*Anyone who is good at scripting, specifically at events horizons such as editing Rival battles, Trainer Rematches, E4 Rematches and possibly inserting Legendary events & item events, and can help me, please PM me, it will be a huge help and you will be credited, thank-you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    just a thought.... I'd change eevee to a fire pokemon so you have that type triangle again but its your hack just a suggestion :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • just a thought.... I'd change eevee to a fire pokemon so you have that type triangle again but its your hack just a suggestion :D

Yeah, I was still speculating about the starters, I might change them to the original types (Fire, Grass & Water) but different Pokémon, say Vulpix, Staryu and Bellsprout.

Years
  • This is actually a very good enhanced version, I like that you can get the Hoenn pokemon on the game too (:
    I'll keep up with this. There's a little problem though, I picked Staryu and he picked Eevee, so why in the first battle does he have Bulbasaur?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • This is actually a very good enhanced version, I like that you can get the Hoenn pokemon on the game too (:
    I'll keep up with this. There's a little problem though, I picked Staryu and he picked Eevee, so why in the first battle does he have Bulbasaur?
    Whoopsies! Sounds like someone didn't edit the trainer data yet!
    But in all honesty, I do think false difficulty is difficult to do. You are doing a great thing.

blue

gucci
    Years

Thanks for pointing that out, I've changed the data now, the starters are now the normal starters (Bulbasaur, Squirtle & Charmander)
    If you come across any more glitches, please let me know :).

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2013
    Any idea when the file will next be updated? Even updating it with the fixed starters would be nice. I'm really excited to see this done, I love 386 hacks.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Any idea when the file will next be updated? Even updating it with the fixed starters would be nice. I'm really excited to see this done, I love 386 hacks.

I edited the IPS file earlier today so that the starters are now Charmander, Squirtle & Bulbasaur
    and I'll be updating quite regularly as I do small/big changes to the game.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    lol suicune's signature=fail

it says sping 2011 lolz.

on topic:
    great work on this its really hard now lol.

off topic: whats wrong with it? its an accurate date

on topic: well, this hack is good and keep it up!
    edit some more and ill try it out! XD

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • This looks great! I always find it hard to make things harder without making them literally impossible to complete... I might give this a go.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • Sounds like a cool mod to me!^^ Since I've played Bloody Platinum I've been into these kind of thing!^^ I'm definetively gonna try it out sometime!^^ I do have some questions, though:
    1.Will you make the Event items (Aurora Ticket and friends) available?

2.And how will you solve the problem with Celebi ( *hopes you'll not just put them into the grass in some route since scripting is possible in FireRed* ) ?^^

3.Oh, and how about making the secound E4 run full of 100s (what was a bit disappointing that Bloody Platinum never went above Lv.90)?^^

4. Will the E4 have legendaries (please say yes) ?^^

Well, I'm gonna have an eye on this and hope you'll finish it soon!^^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Sounds like a cool mod to me!^^ Since I've played Bloody Platinum I've been into these kind of thing!^^ I'm definetively gonna try it out sometime!^^ I do have some questions, though:
    1.Will you make the Event items (Aurora Ticket and friends) available?

2.And how will you solve the problem with Celebi ( *hopes you'll not just put them into the grass in some route since scripting is possible in FireRed* ) ?^^

3.Oh, and how about making the secound E4 run full of 100s (what was a bit disappointing that Bloody Platinum never went above Lv.90)?^^

4. Will the E4 have legendaries (please say yes) ?^^

Well, I'm gonna have an eye on this and hope you'll finish it soon!^^

I plan to edit and add alot more things for this project, it's still in an early stage, to answer your questions about inserting Event items and such, I do plan to add events, definately, I just need a little help with that as I'm terrible with scripting, so if anyone is willing to help me, please PM me, thanks :).

To answer your question about the E4 having legendaries in their team, well.. you'll have to wait and see ;).

~|Sora|~

Gold and Silver Remake.
    Years
  • ¡Hey!
    Ehm...Is a great idea, but you might change the graphics in order that almenos had a great change in the game.
    I wait for updates.
    ¡Bye and luck! ;)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Not too bad, I like the National Dex stuff. Too bad you took down the beta though... :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    You could change the type triangle to Fighting, Psychic, Dark. That could mean something like Tyrogue, Drowzee, and Houndour or Absol or something. When is the Beta 2 coming out? I'm really excited to play this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    you could not have a triangle but 3 pokemon that dont evolve Zangoose Kangaskhan and Absol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back