• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My strange Prerelease Misty's Seadra

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So, I've had this card since just before the release of Gym Heroes (it was Heroes right? lmao) and it's always mystified me. I'm glad I've hung on to it so that I can show some of you that might care, haha. Anyway, if you look closely next to the energy cost for Knockout Needle, there's this weird thing. I always thought it was a Water Stone, but eh. So I suppose it's a misprint?

Spoiler:

And I have another copy of this card without the symbol, and I've had friends with this card that didn't have it either. Here's my regular one for reference:

Spoiler:

So yeah, there's my strange card. Is this just a misprint or something? I'm guessing so, but hey, I thought some of y'all might find this interesting, so enjoy my strange card. :)

Years
It looks like it was a printer blotch of some kind... if you look closely, it looks about the size of the Weakness energy symbol a bit further down and over on the card, so it may have been a high print that was later whited out and then had the white blotch put over it.

That's all just speculation on how the blotch came to be, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That makes more sense than what I thought when I was a kid, haha. I always thought it was supposed to be a Water Stone, but then I thought "well you can't attack with a Water Stone..." so that was just more confusion. A printing blotch sounds much better haha. Glad I've hung on to this all these years!

Back