• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports 2016 NBA Playoffs

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think I'm more depressed than any OKC fans. Just watched the Cavs title chances go right out the window. Sigh.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • So glad GSW managed to win today! The game was incredibly tense and I was sweating the whole time. Klay kept them alive during the fourth quarter.

Sirfetch’d

Was pulling for my boy Durant and OKC but I gotta hand it to Klay. He carried this team on his back and earned them a shot at the finals with one last game in Oakland. Curry was clutch late, but Klay is the reason this team is still alive.

Years
  • Chokelahoma City returns with a vengeance.

KD and Westbrook should probably spend the summer trying to break their ISO heroball tendencies when games get down to the crucial final minutes.

I want the "best regular season ever" to be undisputed as the best season ever by Golden State winning the Finals this year.

I just started watching the playoffs for the first time in a while and my god has there always been so much flopping in the nba? they look like real madrid out there rofl

Like in soccer, NBA players have flopping to draw a foul down to an art form. It's taking advantage of the refs not being able to have eyes on all spots of the court at all times. It got so prevalent that the league started to evaluate game footage for flops and then fine players for actions they determined were egregious acts of flopping in the 2014-15 season.

Ullion

Years
  • It got so prevalent that the league started to evaluate game footage for flops and then fine players for actions they determined were egregious acts of flopping in the 2014-15 season.

I wish they handed out techs or flagrant fouls to count against the player if they get caught flopping, not a fine of an inconsequential amount (for the NBA pros anyways).

Ullion

Years
  • In a perfect world, that would be a great reason. But with how inconsistent calls are being currently - I don't really see an issue with that. :P

Also, GSW won game 7 are back in the finals - good! I'm hoping they take it all to shut everyone else up. But with Cleveland being healthy this time... I don't think it will go so well.

Ullion

Years
  • I disagree. I think it's a wonderful start. :) A double-digit win for GSW when their two shooters couldn't shoot.

Sirfetch’d

Even if Cavs win games 5 and 6 I just do not see them being able to pull out a game 7 win in Oakland. This has been a pretty below average finals in terms of overall game quality imo.

Years
  • Even if Cavs win games 5 and 6 I just do not see them being able to pull out a game 7 win in Oakland. This has been a pretty below average finals in terms of overall game quality imo.

This whole postseason has been blowout heavy. I think there have been about 20 blowouts of 25+ points so far, iirc. Can't remember the exact numbers from the infographic during the Game 3 win by the Cavs.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Kyrie had himself a game. At least we won't go down in less games than we did last year.

Years
  • I'm not surprised LeBron went off for 40 (he seems to play more inspired than usual if he's getting booed, which apparently he was), but Kyrie also going off for 40 was a bit surprising.

I did kind of forget there was a game last night, though, so I don't have much commentary to offer this time.

Back