• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Most memorable XY moments

Juice585

M'Ampharos
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    The battle with Korrina. First experience with mega evo's :D

I actually find the first battle with Korrina outside Geosenge Town with her two Lucarios one of the hardest main series battles, at least for Gen 6. Up until then, you're cruising. But then she breaks out those two leveled up Lucarios and it's.....whoa.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The battle with Korrina. First experience with mega evo's :D

I actually find the first battle with Korrina outside Geosenge Town with her two Lucarios one of the hardest main series battles, at least for Gen 6. Up until then, you're cruising. But then she breaks out those two leveled up Lucarios and it's.....whoa.

While personally, I'm not a fan of Korrina's, no doubt the Gym Leader's direct involvement with the plot is quite interesting! She's one of the Gym Leaders who received a huge amount of exposure and had Diantha's role wasn't revealed, I would automatically see Korrina as the region's Champion!

The battle with her 2 Lucario in Geosenge are memorable, more so than the official battle with her! Just imagine if those Lucario had Brick Break, Crunch and Bullet Punch... That would be a very devastating battle!

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • 7b6.jpg

I snorted and I shouldn't have. :3

Another memorable thing is exploring Lumoise City. Due to my busy schedule in real life, it took a good week for me to really explore it, right down to every single little hidden doorway and alleyway there is to find. Holy crap, Lumoise has got to be the biggest city in the main series games to date, with Castelia coming in second.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Another memorable thing is exploring Lumoise City. Due to my busy schedule in real life, it took a good week for me to really explore it, right down to every single little hidden doorway and alleyway there is to find. Holy crap, Lumoise has got to be the biggest city in the main series games to date, with Castelia coming in second.

This is so true. Lumiose City is so huge that I still get lost in the city! But it's definitely memorable, I hope the city's gonna offer more features in 'Z version'!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • While not exactly something related to battles but my favorite moment in X/Y is the final takedown of Lysandre. After capturing the respective game's legendary mascot, and winning the last battle with the Team Flare boss, we witness a sort of character-death like sequence in a pokemon game, although Lysandre's final fate is still unknown. I guess with X/Y overall tone being light hearted compared to the Gen 5 games' darker themes, at least we get to see an antagonist get what we think he deserves, even if the MC wanted to save him.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • While not exactly something related to battles but my favorite moment in X/Y is the final takedown of Lysandre. After capturing the respective game's legendary mascot, and winning the last battle with the Team Flare boss, we witness a sort of character-death like sequence in a pokemon game, although Lysandre's final fate is still unknown. I guess with X/Y overall tone being light hearted compared to the Gen 5 games' darker themes, at least we get to see an antagonist get what we think he deserves, even if the MC wanted to save him.

Oh yea, that battle was pretty awesome! Especially the battle background that looks like you're fighting on the surface of the sun.

pokemon_x_and_y_battle_vs_lysandre_background_by_phoenixoflight92-d83tk61.png

It was pretty dark that we never find out what happened to him in the end, or if he even survived. I actually felt a little sorry for him in the end :c

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • This is so true. Lumiose City is so huge that I still get lost in the city! But it's definitely memorable, I hope the city's gonna offer more features in 'Z version'!

I always got lost in Lumiose when I was trying to find those alleys that they made you traverse during the Looker missions. It is still a really beautiful city nonetheless though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • He/Him
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    Honestly there are so many things I could list..but for me my top things would be:

Character customization: This made the game 1000x better, and I can't wait for them to bring it back in future titles. Made it feel like I could finally put myself into the game.

New Graphics: Seeing things in a whole new world speaks for itself!

Mega Evolution: It added so much more to the game story wise, and competitive play wise. And it put a lot of focus on Pokemon that had long been forgotten or never really used.

The Story: I love the story and how they added a deeper plot to it with the wars and the *SPOILERS* possible first death in the games(I think he's still alive.).

PSS: As a competitive player, and for people who like to trade Pokemon this just made it so much easier on everyone. Along with WonderTrade.

I could list a lot more, but those are the ones that stick out most to me.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Another memorable moment was when Lysandre announces over the Holocaster that he's going to wipe out everybody, who is not part of Team Flare, off of the face of the Earth(or Kalos, never really figured that out yet). Ok yeah, him being part of Flare was predictable, but what he said he planned on doing was a slap in the face.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Lumiose City is for sure the most memorable aspect of XY for me. I like how we get kind of a beginner's version of it when we first pass through it because of the power outage, but then the entire city becomes available later on and it's honestly a little overwhelming, but in a good way.

Also, Santalune City is really memorable to me. It's such a gorgeous city, probably one of my favorite in the entire series honestly, and it really sets the tone for the game - scenery, the first available boutique, etc.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • AZ's reunion with Floette was easily the most memorable part and all that lead up to it like the ceremony. Just really gives me the feels. Also the moment i got my Goodra (anime fan), and the battle with Korrina was awesome and unexpected, especially with getting Lucario. have a new found respect for this Pokemon after never really liking it all that much. Lastly, the animation of the moves are so beautiful and cool!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My most memorable moment is when my "friends" stole the credit for beating team flare.
    Trevor and teirno weren't even there, shauna was just an annoyance, and she RAN AWAY?!?!
    Not very heroic to me.
    Serena was sorta helpful, but I could have done it myself.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    My most memorable moments was when I captured Yveltal and Zygarde. They were hard to capture though lol.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • For me, the most memorable moment in XY was seeing one of team flare grunts blocking the walkway to the center of the powerplant and forcing me to go the long way around.

Contrary

Malamar Noob
    Years
  • I would definitely say my most memorable moment was seeing the opening scene with Sycamore and thinking, "Omg these graphics are the best graphics I have ever seen"

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    My most memorable moment was when I caught both Yveltal and Zygarde.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Probably the stretch leading to Cyllage City. The route before it was huge, and when you find iut that the cliffside is explorable....just wow. Its all downhl from here though, I have no memories whatsoever.

Back