• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A more ?mature? novice trainer....

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
Years
  • A more "mature" novice trainer....

Hey there
    I am a novice trainer, I haven't played since year dot, my first pokemon game was Pearl and although I purchased Platinum, Soul Silver, and Heart Gold impending parenthood put the kibosh on playing. Sadly the pokes gathered dust until this Christmas when a visit to my twin nephews at Christmas rekindled the desire.

However I am an "old" trainer, novice but with many accumulated years, this time I have managed to drag my Husband along for the ride and we have completed the game of X and Y simultaneously, and we are now playing Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. We have now a shared passion and have also ordered black and white 1 and 2 as well to complete our past collections.

I'm subscribed to the bank and even bought the online pokedex so enthralled am I....but I am a novice. EV's, IV's and Pokerus is a bit of a closed book, and those people who send pants pokemon through wonder trade well it's probably been us.

No malice intended we were doing it for fun, and because this game has come on so much with it's connectivity to others for "oldies" like us it's kind of mind blowing to watch the little sprite fly across vast distances...

I am here and later my husband will join, to make friends as the game pretty much demands this now, and to learn more about pokemon on a deeper level to make more of my games. To hopefully gain knowledge and insight and to share this passion...

It's really nice to meet you all!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    It's really nice to meet you as well. Welcome to PC and I hope you have a great time here. Feel free to drop by to my profile and leave a message. I'll try my best to reply back as soon as possible. Have a great day and see you later. =)

Years
  • Nice to hear you're someone with a family member who plays Pokemon alongside you, because it's more fun when you play together.

Anyways, hopefully you're doing well because there's a lot to explore here, such as Pokemon discussions and a couple of other stuff as well. Great to hear your 6th Gen experience has been good so far, and good luck with the 5th Gen games as well, since it's my fave generation and the story was so epic.

Have a great time (and I might say hi to your hubby as well) and don't hesitate to leave me a visitor message anytime!

Years
  • Cuuute. My boyfriend isn't as into Pokémon as he used to be but I'm still as obsessed as ever.. will never be too old. :D Cool to have other long-time fans here. Welcome, Rantiki! Hopefully your husband will join at some point as well haha.

Hope you'll have a blast getting involved. Message me anytime you like as well, all right? I'm sure it'd be great to talk to other fans who are as engaged in the franchise.

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
    Years
  • Thank you very much for the lovely welcomes, and especially to those who were kind enough to send encouraging and supportive messages as well <3

My Hubby has joined he just needs to write a welcome message, possibly at work if he is very naughty and the boss isn't looking.

I agree it is awesome to have someone at home that shares your passions, in fact he may be a little bit more ga ga than I am. However all of that pales to the adoration my six year old shows, however Jack can't play the game just yet, he is Autistic with limited verbal skills so it's a mite too complex yet. However he LOVES to watch us playing and shouts his own names at the "Pokenons" as he calls them.

"Fishy Man!, Flower Turtle!, Dragon!, Vampire Bat!, Chick!, Spiky Duck!, Ball Man! to name a scant few"

We even purchased some models for him so he could join our obsession with us, as well as letting him have my old Heart Gold and Soul Silver Pokedex which he peruses with abject wonder!.

I just have a few simple questions as a newbie to your forums, not really game related as I say at present the only games I have played have been "Pearl" and "X" and I am thinking of redoing "Pearl" as I play all the backwards compatible games to refresh my memory. I am just finding my feet and my first few pokemon too...

These are more art related, I like to do crafty things, I would like to make my own trainer card and avatar, I'd also like to design my own trainer character however at the moment I am torn between Dragons and Equines...I like em both equally however there are very few Equine Pokemon...

Maybe's a mix of the two, hey even a Mythical Team...Oooo or one based on Phantom of the Opera...gads I better stop....

So...question if I wanted my trainer to be a centaur for instance, would this be okay...or does it have to be "cannon?"

Hubby thought it best to check as people are sometimes sensitive, and he didn't want me getting my hands slapped right out the gate so to speak..

Thank you!

Sarah

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Welcome, new friend! Good to hear that the interest is still there! I'm still picking up pokemon again myself, trying new pokemon, battling in ways I haven't done before, and so on. It's great to hear you have others to play too! We have many more people to play and discuss the games with you in this forum too. <33

But yeah, really nice to meet you too, and again, I hope you enjoy all of our pokemon sections! I think I need to renew my subscription to Pokemon bank, but it comes really handy on transfering pokemon indeed. So yeah, have a fantastic time. See you again. ^^

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Welcome =D

You're never too old for Pokemon! I've been playing since I was 14 and still love it XD my husband's not as keen on the games. I've tried! XD

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Nice to meet you! Don't worry about EVs and IVs being a mystery. I still only get the basics, and I've been playing pokemon since Red and Blue. It's a cool part of the game that adds a lot of depth though, certainly brightens up the competitive scene. I hope you'll have an amazing time here!

Your son sounds adorable, by the way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hey Rantiki, welcome to PC! I've been playing the games for years and I still consider myself a novice as well. That's cool that you play games with your husband, I had a girlfriend I would play Animal Crossing with! Welcome to the site if you'd ever like to chat feel free to hit me up wit ha message. :)

Back