• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite planet!

Years
  • 800border.png

So guys, what's your favorite planet within our solar system? 8) What do you like about said planet? How much would you do to get to your favorite planet if you wanted to live on it?

Years
  • I've always loved Mercury. It's really interesting since it's so close to the Sun, plus I've always found it really beautiful.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Mercury's hot too.
    Venus is the brightest planet.
    And Earth's home to me and you.
    Mars is the red one.
    And Jupiter's most wide.
    Saturn's got those icy rings.
    And Uranus tilts on its side.
    Neptune's really windy.

You wanted me to name my favorite, well now I've named them all.

Years
  • They're all really interesting, but I've always liked Saturn the most. The rings, all those moons - it's just fascinating to look at.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Definitely Saturn! It's certainly the most interesting planet in our solar system with it's fabulously extensive icy rings (the thinnest structure in the Solar System too at just around 20 metres thick!), the gorgeous hexagonal polar storm, it's density lower than that of water, the hundred of (sometimes giant) moons (including Titan and Enceladus, the best moons ;D), and much more!

Saturn has been adored as the most mesmerizing planet and it's quite possibly one the prettiest and most fascinating objects you could observe in the night sky. There's a saying I particularly love and it goes, "Jupiter is the beast to Saturn's beauty."

Years
  • They're all interesting in their own unique way but as far as this solar system goes I think Saturn probably edges the others out for me. Mostly for the reasons Ketsu already listed. Exo-planets are a whole different matter though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Saturn is just a beautiful planet.

It has always been my favourite and it has some fascinating aspects to it such as the rings and moons orbiting it. Titan is one of Saturn's moons and it is the only moon in the solar system with clouds and a dense, planet-like atmosphere.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Uranus, This planet is interesting to me as it has crazy awesome storms and impressible low temperature( it is like a "ice giant" planet.)
    Also, its rotation is so unique and I love its color as well.

Years
  • Mercury is sun blasted too hot xD
    Venus has hellish atmosphere + sulphur smell.
    Mars is mars xD
    Jupiter bigger than all.
    Saturn most awesome and my favourite planet. That's all.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It used to be Pluto before they said it wasn't actually a planet. Now, it's Mars because I do love the color red. I don't know if I'd really want to live on this planet though. It'd be hard because it's not really designed for humans, right? XD I don't actually know that much about it other than it's color lol.

Years
  • I've always been rather partial to Saturn, for possibly obvious reasons: the rings are fascinating and unique. I also like Neptune, I think maybe for its color (I like the blue...though for some reason, I'm not as big on Uranus even though it's a similar color).

Although I'm not too keen on trying to live on either of those planets. X) So I'll just sit here and continue to admire them as they are.

Years
  • I am actually undecided between Mars and Saturn for my favorite planet. I like Mars since it is named after the Roman God of War. As for Saturn, I like that it has rings.

I've always been rather partial to Saturn, for possibly obvious reasons: the rings are fascinating and unique. I also like Neptune, I think maybe for its color (I like the blue...though for some reason, I'm not as big on Uranus even though it's a similar color).

Although I'm not too keen on trying to live on either of those planets. X) So I'll just sit here and continue to admire them as they are.

Actually, if you want to be technical, all the gas giants have rings of some sort.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_system_(astronomy)

Years
  • I used to always like Jupiter when I was younger, because I always thought that it looked like layers of a sandwich xD

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I don't really have a favorite planet, every planet of our solar system is really interesting.
    Mercury's the closest to the sun, the smallest rocky planet and most likely the remaining core of a bigger planet, that was left when another planet crashed into the young and much bigger Mercury in the early years of the solar system.

Venus because it used to be really similar to ancient Earth but changed into the closest thing to hell because of the massive greenhouse effect there

Earth because of its near perfect place in the Goldilocks zone, housing life and its massive bodies of water.

Mars because it used to have water long in the past and for being a possible place where life might've developed billions of years ago.

Jupiter for being the most massive planet in the system. It's gravity being so immense it flings meteorites and comets away and even stretching and compressing its own moons like Io. Also for its enormous storms like the Red Spot.

Saturn for its huge and beautiful ring system.

Uranus being tilted on its side for unknown reasons. And its beautiful greenish color.

And Neptune for it's nice blue color. And its blue spots (I read they're not storms unlike Jupiter's red spot but actually openings in the upper cloud layers revealing the layer under it). Unfortunately its iconic blue spot which was photographed by the Voyager has disappeared by now.

If I really, really have to pick I fave, I'd pick Earth though, cause it's my home and all.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Growing up it was Neptune and I still really like it to this day. Now though, I'd say Jupiter and Venus interest me the most. Venus is striking and Jupiter is terrifying but in a fun way.

Back