• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"filename is nil" error

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2017
    I get this as an error message when running the game from the editor, toggling Pokedex ownership to ON, and filling all boxes with one of each species, opening the Dex and looking at Bulbasaur's Form Page.

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: RuntimeError

SpriteWindow:218:in `initialize'

PokemonSprite:245:in `new'

PokemonSprite:245:in `refresh'

PokemonSprite:205:in `initialize'

PokemonNestAndForm:212:in `new'

PokemonNestAndForm:212:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonNestAndForm:414:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonPokedex:844:in `pbDexEntry'

PokemonPokedex:774:in `loop'

PokemonPokedex:847:in `pbDexEntry'

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    lol at this problem... I wonder if there is a possibility that all the threads, with the answer to this question, be put in to a single thread of it's own and stickied lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2017
    Ok, apologies, I did try searching for any existent threads, but had no joy there. Can you point me in the right direction?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    lol at this problem... I wonder if there is a possibility that all the threads, with the answer to this question, be put in to a single thread of it's own and stickied lol.
    This isn't too necessary since there's no pokémon pack for v14.

You just doesn't have the necessay sprites. Look at a fresh version sprites/icons and copy these things.

Back