• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D/P Font in Essentials

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
As we all know, there's a D/P font in Essentials...
but whenever I try to use it, I can't because the words get squished up. It's a nice font and I tried fixing the problem by messing with the scripts, but I don't really think it's the scripts.

Can someone tells me why it occurs?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I don't think the font has any spaces in it. I don't do fonts, so I couldn't fix it. If someone else can provide an alternative font, I can add that in.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The font does have spaces. I've compared the RS font and the DP font and the only difference (besides the look of the characters) was the fact RS has a character named ".notdef" and the DP font didn't have that character. Therefore, I do not think it has to do with the font.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
The font does have spaces. I've compared the RS font and the DP font and the only difference (besides the look of the characters) was the fact RS has a character named ".notdef" and the DP font didn't have that character. Therefore, I do not think it has to do with the font.

Test the font in MS-Word or something, then tell us...

EDIT:
Actully you could add 2 spaces, this is an ANCIENT PROBLEM.... I never figured it out...

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Any idea what it could be then?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I just ignore it, I'm terrible with fonts, I don't even install em when I got Windows7,
try adding 2 spaces, but then if they use RS or something it looks to spacial....

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
REALLY I COULD NEVER FIND THAT OUT!?!?!
You do have to download the fixed file though, the name of the fixed file is changed internally to "Pokémon Diamond and Pearl" in order to distinguish it from the old one, "Power Clear".

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
You do have to download the fixed file though, the name of the fixed file is changed internally to "Pokémon Diamond and Pearl" in order to distinguish it from the old one, "Power Clear".

Oh, lol that's why I never found it out...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've added your new font into Essentials. Thanks!

The only issue with it is that the é looks like ê instead.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I've added your new font into Essentials. Thanks!

The only issue with it is that the é looks like ê instead.

I've found another bug.

14sod4l.jpg

Note the "oe" for the female symbol. The Male symbol appears incorrectly too.

Back