• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I. Am. Stuck.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
Alas, the elite four have proven too much for my Pokemon team and, hence, my stuckness. I've battled them through plently of times, I get to Lance, get halfway through his Team, and BAM I'm out. So. Should I simply grind a little and level up some, or, so I need to make some major changes? I have to admit, with a five pokemon team (coughcough Four, my hypno sucks but I keep him around anyway coughcough) I've done pretty good. Also, I've changed my Gyarados' move set, but I haven't tried sense I changed the moves. So. Here's my normally kick butt team.

Ampharos:
Lv. 42
Lax nature
Capable of taking hits
Holding a Magnet
Ability is Static

ThunderPunch
Discharge
Thunder
Rock Smash
~She's my header here, unless one of my team has a type advantge, she goes~

Hypno:
Lv. 39
Naive nature
Likes to run (o.e)
Holding nothing
Ability is Forewarn

Hypnosis
Psybeam
Confusion
Focus Punch
~Hypno sucks, but I love him anyway. I normaly use him to buy time in battle to heal up the others~

Ho-Oh:
Lv.49
Brave nature
Hates to lose
Holding a Kebia Berry
Ability is Pressure

Extrasensory
Fly
Sacred Fire
Thunder
~It's my strongest, but I don't use it much~

Gyarados:
*Shiny*
Lv. 43
Lonely nature
Likes to relax
Holding NeverMelt Ice
Ability is Intimidate

Surf
Whirlpool (Now it's Hail)
Waterfall (Now it's Blizzard)
Ice Fang
~I'm pretty sure I'm going to save her, and let her battle Lance at the end, so she has all of her PP and HP~

Typhlosion:
Lv. 39
Mild nature
Likes to thrash about
Holding Charcoal
Ability is Blaze

Cut
Flame Wheel
Blast Burn
Strength
~I need to fix those sucky moves, I know T-T~

So. I know I need to change at least three of Typhlosion's moves. But. What do I change it to? I have....

Sunny Day
Focus Blast
Shadow Claw
Rock Tomb
Rest

Those are the only moves I have on me that Typhlosion can learn T-T

And one last thing, I'm having issues tearing through hyper potions and revives before I hit Lance, so when I get to him, I'm slam out, but I can't just buy more as my little avatar is not the richest in the game T-T

Oh well, Thank you for any imput. =D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I've found a major problem with your team: Stacking. You have 2 fire type pokemon (though if you use Sunny Day, it could be worth it), you're stacking 3 Ice moves on Gyarados, and 3 electric moves on Ampharos (and the last move is a crappy HM). I actually think that Ampharos is the weakest part of your team.

Teach Focus Blast to Typhlosion. Typhlosion can really make use of it with it's high Special Attack. Sunny Day would be a good idea too (either for Typhlosion or Ho-Oh, since it powers up Fire moves. If you have any good Physical TMs (such as Earthquake), teach them to Gyarados. Also, see what TMs are available as Voltorb Flip prizes.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to chuck this to the In-game Team Help section we have as that's where stuff like this belongs.

Some remakes: Ampharos seems to have too many Electric-type moves; try to replace one with say Rain Dance, Return, Fire Punch (heart scale @ move relearner in blackthorn to learn that one). Rock Smash I don't imagine would be too useful either. Same with Hypno only with Confusion being somewhat useless there; try a different move for it there (e.g. a TM move, or via move relearner Headbutt or even Nightmare (given you have Hypnosis).

With Gyarados I'd actually suggest putting Waterfall back on as it's better than Surf for it (it has a good physical attack stat). Hail + Blizzard is not a bad idea given you want to take out Lance though...

And for Typhlosion, Sunny day would be odd if you have hail on gyarados already. Rock Tomb is okay I suppose (especially against the Charizard), but note it shouldn't be too far away from learning Flamethrower after a bit more levelling up. On that not I don't think all those TMs would be needed to win as much as just training your Pokemon a bit more (there's Victory Road as well as trainer rematches via the phone). The latter along with using the Amulet Coin means more money, helping you with that other issue.

Good luck! *moves thread*

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I think you need diversity in your attacks. As stated above you have two fire Pokemon. Why HO-Oh has thunder is beyond me lol.

I imagine you use Ampraros to take out Gyarados

and try to take out the dragonite's with your Gyarados. I taught my Typlosion rollout and he got the job done.

Back