• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Puzzle] Who's That Pokémon? (Week 57) - FINISHED

How difficult was this puzzle for you?

• Too easy

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Somewhat easy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • About average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat hard

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

• UPDATE: Hi everyone, this week's contest is officially over! Please click here to access the Main Thread of "Who's That Pokémon" for further updates!​

bCSP0Yo.png

Weekly Puzzle #57

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our weekly contest of "Who's That Pokémon"! Once a week every Tuesday I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8x. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
    • The clue is a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art (found here) cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Meadow a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per week, but only your final answer will count!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers, do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers by next Tuesday (May 17) before 10:00 p.m. EDT if you want them to count!

Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from accumulating points by guessing puzzles correctly. (Hover over the emblems for descriptions!)

8DFzXs4.png
    1BtUXTi.png
    go4YJGS.png
    HjtIofD.png
    QKulBpp.png

All "Weekly Puzzles" (including this puzzle) are worth one point on the rankings.

Clue - Week 57

As of May 31, 2015, Mega Pokémon are now included as possible answers in the standard "Who's That Pokémon" rounds!

suwVLcb.png

Good luck, everyone! Feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread! I added a poll to this thread to get an idea of its general difficulty level, so I would appreciate it if you gave your opinion! (All votes are anonymous, so there's no need to be shy!) ^^

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I got this one pretty quick! Maybe too quick. xD

But oh my glittering globules, I can't believe I missed the last one! Broke my streak! T^T

And while here is probably not the place for this, aren't you guys just SUPER stoked for Sun/Moon? :DD

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
  • And while here is probably not the place for this, aren't you guys just SUPER stoked for Sun/Moon? :DD

I'd prefer to learn more about the Alola region and the new Pokémon that can be found there before jumping on the 'hype train'. Gen 6 only added 71 new species - that's a small number when compared to the other generations.

That being said, I like the little I've seen so far.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'd prefer to learn more about the Alola region and the new Pokémon that can be found there before jumping on the 'hype train'. Gen 6 only added 71 new species - that's a small number when compared to the other generations.

That being said, I like the little I've seen so far.

Yeah, you're right about that. I have a good feeling about the region, though! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii.

As for the starters, I really like all three, which tbh hasn't been the case as of late. At first I wasn't too thrilled with either the Gen V or VI starters, but of course they grew on me in the games haha. Reckon Rowlet, Litten and Popplio (who seems to be getting a lot of negativity ;-;) won't disappoint with their evolutions!

And like you said, X/Y didn't introduce all that many Pokemon. I really hope Sun and Moon manage at least 100!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Alright everyone, are you ready for the moment of truth? This week's contest is officially over, so it's time to reveal the answer...

iq0KmA8.png

Trevenant!

Specifically its wrist on the right side of the image, which is surrounded by leaves! Congratulations to everyone who guessed it correctly! Now let's give a round of applause to the following participants...

This week's winners:
    Hikamaru
    LegendChu
    WriterRaven
    Clover
    HamtaroTumin
    Mewtwolover
    Anivia
    Spoonette
    Lycanthropy

(Please let me know if I accidentally missed your name on the list of winners! If so, I'll be sure to double-check my inbox and get everything sorted for you! Also, if your name is italicized on this list, then that means you have already attained Secret Rank status!)

Aaaaaa I'm so sorry that I posted this a day late! ;~; As for this week's difficulty, it looks like the easy votes are noticeably dominant, but not completely dominant since the clue's resemblance to Chespin may have thrown some of you off. I'm sure the next puzzle will be more of a challenge, though! Stay tuned for Weekly Puzzle #58, which should already be up right now! I'll get to the scores and emblems as soon as possible, so hang on tight! =)

Be sure to keep track of the Main Thread (linked here), because that's where you can find any important updates regarding WTP! For now, feel free to discuss this week's puzzle (or anything WTP-related) in the Main Thread! See ya later, everyone! ^.^

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • It was hard, I thought it was a chespin atfirst, I also said in tweeter that, it is a Articuno XD

Actually that was my first guess as well (Chespin, not Articuno xD), but nope. The leaves were pretty clear, so I just scrolled through the list and skipped everything that wasn't a grass type.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Actually that was my first guess as well (Chespin, not Articuno xD), but nope. The leaves were pretty clear, so I just scrolled through the list and skipped everything that wasn't a grass type.
    Coincidentally, I thought it Chespin too lol {XD}, that was the one I checked first, thought it was the head portion. But the leaves as you said & that brown part was a give away, so ya I got this one pretty quick, on the second try {:3}.

Back