• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Spark is physical, any move with bone in the name is a bone hitting the opponent, can't be any less physical than that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, I'll see how I'll illustrate that move from now on then ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    hello there!
    i just joined and i like it here!
    i was just reading the ninetailes rp and i was sad because no one complated it for like 2-3 years! can someone complate it it really is the best rp i ever read for now XD
    thank you and see you later!

hi again soo do you think you will be able to finish the story as no one finished it hmm?
    i have a question about it and it is why was the ninetales rp stopped it was really good!
    please try and finish it as i bet some people who read it ware quite sad there was no end

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • hi again soo do you think you will be able to finish the story as no one finished it hmm?
    i have a question about it and it is why was the ninetales rp stopped it was really good!
    please try and finish it as i bet some people who read it ware quite sad there was no end

If a roleplay dies, no one can revive it except for the original players, because their characters are in the story and no one can write for those characters but their creators. Don't bother mailing the players, either. 2-3 years is a long time and I bet they've long forgotten about it.

If you're really keen on that roleplay, your best bet is to recreate it - make a new roleplay with the same plot.

I've never thought of roleplays as being a spectator sport...that is, interesting for people not actually participating. Are you sure you're talking about a roleplay, not a fanfic or something?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    I've never thought of roleplays as being a spectator sport...that is, interesting for people not actually participating. Are you sure you're talking about a roleplay, not a fanfic or something?[/QUOTE]

yes it was a role play and it was really good. as i like drama and i love to read roleplays are like stories to me XD

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I've had three RP's for a series titled the Path to Light and Darkness. Each had it's own basics to it and was set in a different region I always had an end game in mind for it as well. So for the last two months i've been coming up for the idea and here's what I have.

Pokemon: Path to Light and Darkness; End Game.

Basically it would be based after the last RP ended the Johto Leagues Fate. You would not need to know anything about the last three RP's except for a few minor details that will be explained in the storyline.

Anyways the world would be in utter chaos. The sun never shines, more then half of the population of humans and pokemon have been wiped out from exsistence. The regions of the world no longer exsist as most of them have been destroyed and only bits and pieces remain. It would basically look like the world after the so called apocalypse.

The RP would start off with a group of trainers at a refuge camp being enrolled to join the cause of taking on missions; like finding food sources, other survivors etc. The person in charge of these missions would basically be like the professor of any game, also each trainer would already have a set team and you would not have to start with a lvl 5 pokemon like most RP's as it would just not make sense.

Throughout the RP several mysteries will be uncovered as well as a way to restore the world. Also wild pokemon would be much more carnivirous and feirce and would not hesitate to kill you they've basically become hunger craved monsters.

Anyway that's what i've got so far what do you guys think?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • RE Sacred Beo: I like that the characters aren't newbie trainers receiving starter Pokemon. Most of my characters are experienced trainers and I'd love a chance to use them. Whether I'd join this RP or not depends on two things - 1, character age limits, and 2, how closely you as a GM want control the characters' actions. That is, are you going to have chapters? I'm beginning to dread chapters, because it means my character has hardly any say in what he/she does.

Another thing. This business about the sun not shining - how does it affect the setting? I remember this one sci-fi story in which the sun went out, and pretty soon there were riots due to crop failure. Having no sunlight for a long time is really serious. Plants die, then herbivores die, then carnivores die, then everybody dies. So are the survivors using electrical lights to grow crops? Or is starvation just around the corner?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Alright for starters I don't really have an age limit I usually set it around 10-20 years but in this kind of RP I wouldn't care about going older if people wanted to. Secondly I usually do chapters but differently then most people do theirs. I set it up so that everyone will have separate chapters etc, but at the same time I allow them to choose there own paths especially with this RP. There will be choices and decsions to be made by your character the whole way through that will reflect what happens to him/her.

As for your second question with the sun not shinning it means that 1) the food sources are running low (which will play a major role in the RP) 2) Because of this alot of the pokemon you run into will be blood thirsty meat craving savages, some people will become like this as well. 3) During the middle or so of the RP the temp is going to begin to drop drastically which will lead towards an on coming ice age.

Any other questions? :)

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Hm, sounds like a nice Crapsack World. :D

Do separate chapters mean that each character is on a separate mission? Or do they work together sometimes.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    For the most part yes, but there will be times the RPers will be able to work together in fact I welcome them to do CO-OP posts as much as possible because it makes the RP better by having interactions and relationships.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I want to stick in a comment about something most guides for good pokémon RPs say. That normal trainer journeys are boring. I think they seem fun. It's like playing the game, only with a character who you decide completely how she/he will look and act. And where you can meet and battle other RPers as well. Without having some creepy story going on.

Am I the only little nut here who think so? :p

And... I'm wondering because I'm thinking making an RP somewhat like that. Though, mine's actually got an active story and a goal to reach... Not too far fetched and complicated either. And it's not the usual trainerjourney-verse where professor Oak gives pokémon out to each and everyone. You don't have to travel the cities in the same order as in the games either.

I've written the first post and thought through the story, but I haven't posted it becase... well, I'm not sure I'll be a good RP master. Everybody needs to start off somewhere, and probably fail a few times along the road.

But has anyone got good general tips for someone who has never lead an (Kanto/Johto journey based) RP before?

And
    - Is it better to let the RPers start off in the same place, or wherever they'd like?
    - How many RPers are a good number in a RP like this?

Thankful for any comment or answer... :3

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    In my opinion if your doing the normal journey RP it is much better to start them off all meeting at Oaks (for a Kanto RP) or Elms (for a johto RP) where they will recieve there pokedex, pokeballs, and of course there starter.

For your second question a good number of RPers would be between 4-6, more then that and your just asking for trouble ha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In my opinion if your doing the normal journey RP it is much better to start them off all meeting at Oaks (for a Kanto RP) or Elms (for a johto RP) where they will recieve there pokedex, pokeballs, and of course there starter.

For your second question a good number of RPers would be between 4-6 in my opinion.

Alright. But it isn't a normal journey, since there's a story and purpose behind it, and a reason for them living in different home towns. I meant, if they start off at the same place, you can present the next route somewhat at the same time for everyone, right? But if they are in different routes, all of them, I'll need to present each one with details before they post... Hm, I think I've already decided on how to do :p but thanks for making me think for myself. Teheh. <3

Yeah, sounds good. More than that and it would probably become too much to deal with if they were all in different towns and routes :)

Also, regarding your post about co-posting. That's another thing I'm wondering about. How do battles between RPers take place in the best way? By posting short posts that together forms a battle scenario, or by making sure the RPers co-post their battles? Maybe the latter is better for several reasons... the RPers can get to know each other better too? :3

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Your welcome :).

And as far as Co-op posting goes the way i've done it in the past was I would usually give them a chance to meet up and sometime and from that point on the RPers in my past RPs have contacted each other and worked out how exactly they wanted to do that post, mission, battle etc.

Basically it really comes down to the guidelines you give them, how big you require each post to be, and if they are able to actually cooperate with each to meet a goal. But yes in the long run it does help the RPers get to know each other, and it adds more depth to there character, and even there storyline.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah. I'm planning to make this RP pretty free, regarding where they should go and when. But if they get a chance to meet up, I'll encourage them to do so :)

As long as I have only 4 RPers, they wont have to work against each other. If there was 6 or so RPers though, they would HAVE to work against each other. So, that's another reason for deciding the number of players. Maybe it's better, for my first RP as a leader, to keep it friendly rather than competitive x3

I'll keep reading other RPs guidelines then, to try and pick up some more useful things~

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • I want to stick in a comment about something most guides for good pokémon RPs say. That normal trainer journeys are boring. I think they seem fun. It's like playing the game, only with a character who you decide completely how she/he will look and act. And where you can meet and battle other RPers as well. Without having some creepy story going on.

Am I the only little nut here who think so? :p

I really like the journey half of Pokemon trainer journeys. Something about wandering through a whole region by foot appeals to me. The trainer half is what I like less. It's the premise of the thing. Here you are, a 10 year old with your first Pokemon and a little pocket money, and you're supposed to become a Pokemon Master in the space of a few months? Get real! If the Elite Four can be beaten by a little kid, they must be frauds. This plot works for the game only because the game takes out all of the unpleasant details, like, say, paying for food and hotels to sleep in while backpacking through Johto. But you can't leave those out of a roleplay. Right?

So yeah. I guess I'm waiting for a roleplay that gives the characters a new reason to travel through the region. Maybe it'll be yours? :0

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I agree though with that statement, most journey RP's don't throw in the harsh environments, or other unexpected things. But in the real world there are going to be things that occur that ultimately affect your characters goals.

In my RP's I like to add in posts that let peoples characters express there feelings etc, while at the same time being pushed to the very brink of giving up. I feel it's much better that way.

Ok and here's my rough draft for my SU please let me know what you think before I submit it. (Remeber this is just a rough draft, so it is subject to change).

Pokemon Path to Light and Darkness: End Game
    History:

Twice the Clan of Hope fought against Beo and the Dark Brotherhood. The first time was fifty years ago in which a group of new trainers in Kanto stopped the upcoming apocalypse from a crazed maniac name Beo. They were brought together by Beo's longtime rival Zypher although he would end up dying he set in motion there victory. Forty years later Beo would somehow manage to return to the world only this time in Johto, where the Clan of Hope was brought back together by Grecko Rage only to be handed utter failure. Although eventually Beo would be killed it was all part of his "end game". With there defeat came the end of the world as we once knew it; darkness began covering the sky, Natural disasters began sweeping the earth, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, wild fires, sink holes, volcanic eruptions, etc.

Within three years of the apocalypse half of the human and pokemon race were wiped out. Millions of miles of land mass plummeted into the ocean. The governments of the world failed in there attempts to come up with a plan, and before long the governments were over thrown and now none exists.

The food sources have began to run low, which had caused most wild pokemon to become ravage monsters who will hunt you down in kill you if you hesitate to do so first. With the sun no longer the climate is changing ever so drastically. People are starving, freezing, etc. This is where you come in.

Your role:

As a survivor of the apocalypse you have been living within a refuge camp for the last three years just barley getting by. Many of you have probably lost friends, family, pokemon. Day and night no longer exists, and time just seems to converge together. You have not been prohibited to leave the camp walls due to wild pokemon and what people are now beginning to call zombies (humans who have become hunger craving monsters). The only people allowed to leave are the recon groups who have been assigned by the camp leader missions to find food sources, and other survivors.

But on one fateful day a group of six sent out on an easy food collection mission went missing and have yet to return to camp. With the people getting hungry by the minute the leader of the camp has requested six new mercenaries meet him.

You are one of those Mercenaries; your journey is about to begin along the way you will encounter "monsters", natural disasters, unsolvable mysteries, and uncover a way to restore the world to its normal state, while at the same time not giving into darkness itself.

Name: first (optional middle) last
    Age: (preferabley over 13, but if you have a good reason they can be 10)
    Appearance: (details! at least a good paragraph)
    Personality: (make layers)
    Background: Give the characters history before the so called apocalypse, and for there life during and while living within the refuge camp the last three years.
    Additional Information:
    Your Pokemon Team: (Between 3-6 pokemon on your team)
    Weapon Choice: Your character gets the choice between a small sword or a pistol in the first chapter of the RP.
    RP Sample: (yes you have to do this)

Rules
    1. Be active.
    2. Don't godmod.
    3. Only post OOC things on the OOC thread (unless separated like this and marked OOC).
    4. Follow basic role-playing rules.
    5. Use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation as best you can.
    6. Don't bunny without permission.
    7. If you aren't active for a long period of time without excuse, you will either be bunnied or kicked out.

Please Post SU's in the OOC Thread!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really like the journey half of Pokemon trainer journeys. Something about wandering through a whole region by foot appeals to me. The trainer half is what I like less. It's the premise of the thing. Here you are, a 10 year old with your first Pokemon and a little pocket money, and you're supposed to become a Pokemon Master in the space of a few months? Get real! If the Elite Four can be beaten by a little kid, they must be frauds. This plot works for the game only because the game takes out all of the unpleasant details, like, say, paying for food and hotels to sleep in while backpacking through Johto. But you can't leave those out of a roleplay. Right?

So yeah. I guess I'm waiting for a roleplay that gives the characters a new reason to travel through the region. Maybe it'll be yours? :0

Well, it can be mine. But the trainer part is pretty important in mine, since that's the reason for traveling. Thing is, it's about the Elite 4 asking you to become their replacer in case they fall in the dark times to come. So you must train yourself, and to prove you're strong enough you have to beat all gym leaders of both Kanto and Johto, since the Elite 4 have to be stronger than everybody else.

The Elite 4 in my universe work like something in the Hoenn pokéspe manga. THey're not champions of some competition, they're guardians of the regions, since criminality nearly destroyed Kanto in the past. And now it's about to rise again. Not legendary crystals or magic or legendary pokémon. Simply criminal geniuses who want money and power. It's all in the background story of the first post... if the RP ever comes up :3

Also, I really hate dislike that it's canon that professor Oak hands out pokémon to each and every one and pokédexes and all. That's not gonna happen in an RP made by me. Professional trainer is hard to be, it's like being a professional hockey player or something, competing and training as a job. There are however many hobby trainers, or simply humans with pokémon pets.

I've always liked the pokéspe manga-verse better than the anime-verse :3

I agree though with that statement, most journey RP's don't throw in the harsh environments, or other unexpected things. But in the real world there are going to be things that occur that ultimately affect your characters goals.

In my RP's I like to add in posts that let peoples characters express there feelings etc, while at the same time being pushed to the very brink of giving up. I feel it's much better that way.

Ok and here's my rough draft for my SU please let me know what you think before I submit it. (Remeber this is just a rough draft, so it is subject to change).

Pokemon Path to Light and Darkness: End Game
    History:

Twice the Clan of Hope fought against Beo and the Dark Brotherhood. The first time was fifty years ago in which a group of new trainers in Kanto stopped the upcoming apocalypse from a crazed maniac name Beo. They were brought together by Beo's longtime rival Zypher although he would end up dying he set in motion there victory. Forty years later Beo would somehow manage to return to the world only this time in Johto, where the Clan of Hope was brought back together by Grecko Rage only to be handed utter failure. Although eventually Beo would be killed it was all part of his "end game". With there defeat came the end of the world as we once knew it; darkness began covering the sky, Natural disasters began sweeping the earth, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, wild fires, sink holes, volcanic eruptions, etc.

Within three years of the apocalypse half of the human and pokemon race were wiped out. Millions of miles of land mass plummeted into the ocean. The governments of the world failed in there attempts to come up with a plan, and before long the governments were over thrown and now none exists.

The food sources have began to run low, which had caused most wild pokemon to become ravage monsters who will hunt you down in kill you if you hesitate to do so first. With the sun no longer the climate is changing ever so drastically. People are starving, freezing, etc. This is where you come in.

Your role:

As a survivor of the apocalypse you have been living within a refuge camp for the last three years just barley getting by. Many of you have probably lost friends, family, pokemon. Day and night no longer exists, and time just seems to converge together. You have not been prohibited to leave the camp walls due to wild pokemon and what people are now beginning to call zombies (humans who have become hunger craving monsters). The only people allowed to leave are the recon groups who have been assigned by the camp leader missions to find food sources, and other survivors.

But on one fateful day a group of six sent out on an easy food collection mission went missing and have yet to return to camp. With the people getting hungry by the minute the leader of the camp has requested six new mercenaries meet him.

You are one of those Mercenaries; your journey is about to begin along the way you will encounter "monsters", natural disasters, unsolvable mysteries, and uncover a way to restore the world to its normal state, while at the same time not giving into darkness itself.

Name: first (optional middle) last
    Age: (preferabley over 13, but if you have a good reason they can be 10)
    Appearance: (details! at least a good paragraph)
    Personality: (make layers)
    Background: Give the characters history before the so called apocalypse, and for there life during and while living within the refuge camp the last three years.
    Additional Information:
    Your Pokemon Team: (Between 3-6 pokemon on your team)
    Weapon Choice: Your character gets the choice between a small sword or a pistol in the first chapter of the RP.
    RP Sample: (yes you have to do this)

Rules
    1. Be active.
    2. Don't godmod.
    3. Only post OOC things on the OOC thread (unless separated like this and marked OOC).
    4. Follow basic role-playing rules.
    5. Use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation as best you can.
    6. Don't bunny without permission.
    7. If you aren't active for a long period of time without excuse, you will either be bunnied or kicked out.

Please Post SU's in the OOC Thread!

Yeah, that's more like it. A Zombie pokémon RP! :D I love em zombie movies.

But I have a hard time daring to sign up for a post-apocalypse RP. It feels much more advanced than the journey-based ones (well, it is XD) and I'm not sure I'd do a great job as a RPer... but you have to begin from the bottom and learn your way to perfect RPing, right? :)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Red Hawt Chibi Pelippers: I actually think i'd give your RP a try if you were to submit it! Sounds intriguing!

And as for my RP even though it would be a post apocalyptic style RP, I would still try to keep a sense of the traditional journey feeling to it, although it won't be close at all in terms of collecting pokemon and badges. If you did join my RP though I could guarantee it would help you become a better RPer just for the simple fact of having to create more in depth posts, etc. Anyway i'm probably going to make a few more changes to the RP, fix all my grammitical errors, then submit it!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Red Hawt Chibi Pelippers: I actually think i'd give your RP a try if you were to submit it! Sounds intriguing!

And as for my RP even though it would be a post apocalyptic style RP, I would still try to keep a sense of the traditional journey feeling to it, although it won't be close at all in terms of collecting pokemon and badges. If you did join my RP though I could guarantee it would help you become a better RPer just for the simple fact of having to create more in depth posts, etc. Anyway i'm probably going to make a few more changes to the RP, fix all my grammitical errors, then submit it!

That sounds really good, actually. I've gotten the feeling that the badge collecting and training pokémon from the baby 1lvl state parts are what people are most bored of in journey RPs. But traveling is usually an interesting thing in pokémon RPs, instead of keeping the RP in the same place (though I guess that can work as well in some cases).

I've actually posted it, on Mount Moon Community. I thought I'd try it on a smaller forum before hitting PC with all its might ;) I'm not advertising the forum, but I'm advertising my RP when I say that you should go there and have a look around, if you feel you have the time.

When you post your RP here, VM me with a poking stick if I haven't signed up in a week :p Though if I haven't, it could also be because I'm busy with something. Life's unpredictable.

Back