• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] MONBATTLE - My take on a pokemon inspired online monster capture RPG

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
ks-main-image-ks.png

We have a kickstarter LIVE where you can see more info on the game: http://kck.st/1PXQ6LU

---

I loved RPGs, and monster collection RPGs. But hated one thing about them:

The countless hours of mindless grinding.

Monbattle Strategy RPG eliminates mindless grinding.

My name is Frank (and VahnManX in the YouTube world) creator of Monbattle, an online monster capture multiplayer RPG focused on battles being strategic from the first turn.

Q. How is Monbattle different from other Monster Collection turn based RPGs?

The key difference lies in our battle system, which combines elements from trading card games and rogue-likes.

Instead of allowing each of your monsters to attack each turn, you decide, based on Action Points (AP), which monster should attack
You can sacrifice half your current AP to start the next turn with more AP.

using-ap.gif

Using-ap-guide.png

Monbattle has an Ascension Mechanic, allowing you to change your strategy in battle:

walrox-evolve-crop.gif

Ascension-guide.png

Customize your monsters abilities:

Monsters are divided into classes, and each monster can learn different types of abilities which are useful in different circumstances. Learn new abilities as you progress, in order to beat opponents:

ability-equipping-2.gif

Guild/Raid Battles!:

guild-stage-select.png

Raid Battles! Players can create guilds, and add people. Then team up with them to take on raid specific stages and compete against other guilds.

Looking forward to getting your feedback on the game!

What Monbattle was developed in:
- This game was made with a ruby on rails back-end with javascript front end so that it loads in every browser with no plug-ins required.

Plot for Monbattle:
- The plot in set in a 21XX, on a post apocalyptic earth, and due to the greed mankind, earth's resources have been drained, and Earth is filled with barren wastelands. One day, a mysterious vortex opens up on Earth, and monsters attack the city you live in. Mysteriously, you find out, you have the ability to control monsters, and begin your quest to find out the origin of the attacks.

main-char-logo.png

Unique aspects of Monbattle:
- We focused heavily on making the battles feel strategic. The battle system would feel familiar, yet foreign as we combined elements from different RPG battle systems. Each turn you have AP (action points). You can choose to either issue commands, or build up more AP to use on future turns.

Credits
We are working with a group of talented artists who have drawn original monster designs for the game:

Nick R.
Nick K.
Adam F.

The battle system was built from the ground up, with the assistance of Ruby on Rails gems.

UPDATES
We are currently working on implementing a guild feature, so that players can play with their friends and engage in raid battles. If this

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I must say, this looks good.

The designs of the Monsters, and the general layout is appealing to my eyes, and makes me enjoy, just looking on it.
As for mechanics, and gameplay, I can really saying anything notable, as to me it looks like most other Monster Capture RPGs.
But, best of luck to you ~

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
I must say, this looks good.

The designs of the Monsters, and the general layout is appealing to my eyes, and makes me enjoy, just looking on it.
As for mechanics, and gameplay, I can really saying anything notable, as to me it looks like most other Monster Capture RPGs.
But, best of luck to you ~

Thanks for the feedback BlueDemon. Yeah the differences are not that obvious at first, as most of it lies in our battle system.

We've upload an FAQ which should address your question.

Updated with an FAQ and a new key visual drawn by the talented Jamal of http://ninja-jamal.deviantart.com/!

We have a kickstarter LIVE where you can see more info on the game: http://kck.st/1PXQ6LU

ks-image-poster.png

Back