• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome!Welcome to The CAVE!

Years
  • These days we have been discussing a lot about some of the most recurring things in pokemon games!They may be very imp. or having not much significance.
    But one of the most important and recurring stages in every pokemon journey is the Victory road!And to pass that road we have to travel through a cave which is a mine of strong trainers,wild pokemons,etc.But that victory road sometimes becomes irksome for those who are desperate to smash the elite four and become the champion!
    So did u find the victory road cave helpful to train ur pokemon or was it too much of a sala'Menace'?
    Would u prefer something else instead of the cave?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Salamenace! You've certainly come to the right forum to make puns (just ask Achromatic :P)

Jumping back into the topic, I think Victory Road, while being annoyingly long sometimes, is a classic part of any Pokemon and changing it completely would be like removing Gyms :P That said, I'd like to see Victory Roads continue looking like they did in X/Y and the last part of OR/AS. Instead of a long, dull cave, you can have openings and caverns and beautiful landscape to accompany the hard battles! I really, really liked the place in the Victory Road where you battle Wally in OR/AS. It was the best setting for a battle I've ever had :P

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I really liked the Victory Road in White 2 because it wasn't just one big cave, it also had other types of landscapes too. I also like when there are post-game areas that you can access though it because then it isn't just this place you go once and never see ever again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Some Victory Road areas--especially the one from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald--was tough for me to get through, but they do a good job at getting your team's levels higher and preparing the members to take on the Elite Four and Champion.

If they were to replace Victory Road with something else, perhaps they might be able to try their hands on tournaments. This could sort of be similar to how things are done in anime, where we go up against a series of well-experienced Pokémon trainers before we're ready to face off against Elite Four.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Victory Road on Black & White and BW2 are totally confusing because there's many cave exit that may lead to nowhere, thankfully strength shortcut helps the navigating bit easier and you better stock lots of max repels because it soo waywardy than wayward cave.

Edit; you got me there, you pest! XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I really liked the Victory Road in White 2 because it wasn't just one big cave, it also had other types of landscapes too. I also like when there are post-game areas that you can access though it because then it isn't just this place you go once and never see ever again.

I'm totally with this post. BW, B2W2 and XY sort of altered the traditional all-cave Victory Cave. I would personally like to see an actual road with puzzles. :)

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I'm totally with this post. BW, B2W2 and XY sort of altered the traditional all-cave Victory Cave. I would personally like to see an actual road with puzzles. :)

That would be pretty nice! I'd like having some sort of abridged version of the gym puzzles with each getting increasingly difficult, so it would be like a summary of your journey so far so you can see how far you've come.

Years
  • Salamenace! You've certainly come to the right forum to make puns (just ask Achromatic :P)

Jumping back into the topic, I think Victory Road, while being annoyingly long sometimes, is a classic part of any Pokemon and changing it completely would be like removing Gyms :P That said, I'd like to see Victory Roads continue looking like they did in X/Y and the last part of OR/AS. Instead of a long, dull cave, you can have openings and caverns and beautiful landscape to accompany the hard battles! I really, really liked the place in the Victory Road where you battle Wally in OR/AS. It was the best setting for a battle I've ever had :P

Yeah I agree to that!They were very beautiful !
    But the thing that annoys me most is the need for use of hm's there.Here I am prepared to enter victory road using the team I wish to use for the league and as soon as I enter ,lo bereft ,a boulder blocks my way!That's one of the WTF! moments in pokemon as I have to again go back replace one mon with the mon carrying the strength to use strength and head once again towards victory road!

Years
  • I hated most Victory Roads because they were like entirely cave-based and it was easy to get lost. Black 2 & White 2 took a step in the right direction by having it be not just a cave, but tons of different environments.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I actually just rush through Victory Road as fast as I can simply because I want to beat the game and I'm so close, haha. Although I do remember getting lost in Black, which was very annoying until I found my way through.

Back