• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega (PokeCommunity Daily) - Complete

What should Mega-Roserade's stats be?

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9206911&postcount=47"]Special Sweeper 1[/url]

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9211282&postcount=48"]Special Sweeper 2[/url]

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9211306&postcount=49"]Mixed Attacker[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • I think we're forgetting Xatu for the magic bouncer and sigilyph for the guard:/

Still voted for it, Noctowl is a rather interesting pokémon.
    Roserade, while being usedul, sometimes lacks power to get kills it needs to and the spped is lackluster.
    Ambipom is fast, and it is just asking for a variation of parental bond.
    Mismagius I could see with Shadow tag, but grngar has it already, so a ghost type of the -ate abilities would be good.

Runiel

I am male
    Years
  • I would like to see a Mega Ninetales, it would be really majestic and i really want to see it having a second typing, Psychic could be it's second type.
    Other than Ninetales, i also want to see Arcanine and Flygon getting a Mega Evolution.

Years
  • Alight guys, the winner was Roserade. From here out comment with any type changes you think Roserade should be given for its mega-evolution. Personally, I'm voting that it should keep its current typing.

LergiOfficial

#1 Octillery Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    Roserade's typing is fine as is, though if it HAD to get one, I'd give it a Fairy typing. Though that would give it a quad weakness to Poison...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Roserade is a fantastic choice. Some options for typing I think would be neat:

- Grass / Poison: obligatory, nothing wrong w/ this as long as it is set apart from Mega Venusaur in later stages; could also do pure Grass or Poison I guess
    - Grass / Fire: intrigued by the possibility of a Drought mon, but it might be a stretch w/ Roserade's design
    - Grass / Dark: Roserade feels kind of mischievous, and it's an underutilized typing competitively as well
    - Grass / Ground: could get garden-y here, another interesting typing too

Personally, I'd just keep it the same. An offensive-minded variant of Venusaur sounds like fun.

Years
  • I see Roserade being a more offensive mega definitely. It wouldn't have the ability to wall things like Venusaur does but it would be able to hit a lot of nasty pokemon quite hard with it's set of STABs and movepool. (Assuming again we leave it as is).

Years
  • Roserade's typing is fine as is, though if it HAD to get one, I'd give it a Fairy typing. Though that would give it a quad weakness to Poison...

Roserade is a fantastic choice. Some options for typing I think would be neat:

- Grass / Poison: obligatory, nothing wrong w/ this as long as it is set apart from Mega Venusaur in later stages; could also do pure Grass or Poison I guess
    - Grass / Fire: intrigued by the possibility of a Drought mon, but it might be a stretch w/ Roserade's design
    - Grass / Dark: Roserade feels kind of mischievous, and it's an underutilized typing competitively as well
    - Grass / Ground: could get garden-y here, another interesting typing too

Personally, I'd just keep it the same. An offensive-minded variant of Venusaur sounds like fun.

I think grass, grass/poison or grass/ghost

Personally keeping Roserade as a Grass/Poison type would be the best option; like Venusaur I think it just needs a few upgrades to its BST to become really good and those two types give it some nice STAB options to deal with threats.

Okay, it's nearly poll time but before I put that up I figure I might as well ask if one is actually needed since we have basically all said we either would prefer it to remain the same typing-wise or be equally okay with its current type as others.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Should we be able to change Roserade's movepool (and for future Megas)? Roserade doesn't learn any good moves for the suggested types, aside from Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball.

Grass/Fairy would be a good typing, and the Poison weakness isn't too detrimental. It'd be primarily useful for defensive utility with Spikes and such, but it'd have a decent offensive presence too. Still walled by a good number of things depending on the Hidden Power type, like Heatran, Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, etc. The game could use more Fairies, but most Dragons would have good coverage for this Roserade. This Roserade would be able to get past the Latis and Mega Sableye, which would make for a fantastic Spiker.

Grass/Ghost seems like a less effective typing, but it has an advantage of being able to spinblock. Unfortunately, I can't see it replacing Mega Sableye as the premier spinblocker, and offensive teams don't need a spinblocker as much. Grass/Ghost with enough Speed to outrun Starmie would be pretty good for offensive teams though.

If we stick with Grass/Poison, we'd have to play with Roserade's strengths, such Spikes, high Speed, and Natural Cure. This would allow it to standout from Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss. Also, a decent stat spread would be: 90 Def / 161 SAtk / 130 SDef / 104 Spe. Better defenses for taking on stuff like Keldeo and Mega Altaria, boosted SAtk without going too overboard (similar to Mega Gardevoir and Tyranitar), and enough Speed to outrun Manaphy and Garchomp.

Years

• Currently we aren't doing movepool changes. The process is already long enough. Anyway, it's time to look into possible mega abilities. Does anyone have any recommendations? Please refrain from suggesting whole lists.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd rather stick with Natural Cure. Unlike Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, Roserade can function as a Scald absorber (granted, Amoon can Regenerate off the damage to an extent). I figure Rose would be most useful and unique as a Spiker. It'd appreciate being able to switch into passive Waters repeatedly to set up more Spikes. NC is still pretty useful for offensive Rose too.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Adaptability and Prankster are OK, but they're pretty unoriginal. You can make a case for slapping these on nearly everything lol.

Rose can't take advantage of Competitive. e.g. Can't switch into the Latis.

Tinted Lens would be way too overpowered, unless we were to nerf Rose's stat gains. It doesn't fit well with its design, but I suppose that depends on the artists.

Iron Barbs would be pretty cool actually, but we'd have to do a complete 180 on what Rose is. Turn it into a heavily armored knight, boost its Def considerably, maybe reduce its Speed for more stat gains, etc. Out of everything in OU, Iron Barbs would be good for Azumarill, Bisharp, Breloom, Mega Scizor, Mega Lopunny, Tyranitar, and Mega Altaria. Unfortunately, it has major moveslot syndrome if you want to use Spikes, and it lacks good recovery. Honestly, Iron Barbs and Def investment would turn Rose into a copy of Mega Venusaur, so I'm not voting for this.

I'm voting for Natural Cure and Storm Drain. NC is a little boring, so Storm Drain works well. It punishes Scald spam even more, which is very anti-metagame. Water has always been extremely dominant, so a Mega that counteracts this would be neat. I think it'd be beneficial for OU in general.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back