• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The return of Cynthia!

Years
As you all know, Cynthia was the Champion from the Sinnoh region in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, widely regarded as the hardest opponent in the entire series with brutal Pokémon like Spiritomb, Milotic and especially Garchomp. She made an appearance in HGSS, but you could only access that through an event. But in Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2, she's back, and lives in Caitlin's villa in Undella Town after the credits have passed. And you can battle her there, and she's there in spring and summer, so you can fight her every day in the former season.

What did you think of Cynthia making an appearance in Unova? Did it surprise you? Was she challenging for you to defeat? Did you enjoy having her in the game or did you find her just an unmemorable waste of time that disgraces her initial battle in the Sinnoh games? Discuss.

Years
The first time I battled her, I didn't think she'd be that hard, considering I could handle most of the post-game NPCs fairly easily, and I didn't know that she was a significant character. Then, she sends out that Lv. 75 Spiritomb, and it's like, oh crap, what have I done.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Cynthia is my favorite Champion, so it was nice to have her appear in the Gen 5 games. I don't remember if she was easy or hard for though. I just wish you could battle her in the Spring AND Summer.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Cynthia is my favourite champion of all time. You wouldn't believe how happy I was to see her appearance in B/W2. She had a team of pretty powerful and high-levelled Pokemon, which proved a challenge for me initially with a team of merely level 60+ Pokemon. Challenging her was, well, quite a challenge, but also really fun. It brought back many memories from when I challenged her in DPPt for the title of Champion. I do wish I could battle her during all seasons though and not just during Spring and Summer, but I guess she has her reasons.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Cynthia was SUCH a challenge in DPPt with her Spiritomb and Garchomp and I really liked her presence in the games, I was so excited to see her return in BW!! She was also just as powerful as I remembered, and I loved battling her everyday with my newly trained Pokemon. :) I love it when stuff like this is added into games.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Cynthia is one of my favorite Champion, so I'm happy to see her back at Undella Town. And since usually I have ramped my Pokémon up to Lv. 100, usually it's quite ok, if not quite hard. And her battle music becomes even more awesome than it was in Platinum, too.

Nakala Pri

It was pretty awesome. 8D I remember lethargically running Cross Country across Unova and I decided to take a peek into a few trash cans in the houses, and when I saw Cynthia... I WAS SO HAPPY. I thought I might have missed her last time or something. xD

She was really challenging with her Spiritomb, I had to reset the game a billion times and even then I had to get help from my sister. It was really cool, though. Pokemon Black hasn't got much after-game activities, so Cynthia's appearance was pretty wicked. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Cynthia demolished me in BW/B2W2 even moreso than in Diamond. She is seriously the strongest trainer I've ever had to try and defeat. :|

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Since Cynthia is my favorite Champion of all time, I loved battling her in BW. I especially liked the remix of her theme they had. It was really an epic and fun fights! ^^

Demynnfire

~ the loveliest ~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020
I was legitimately suprised when I encountered her... and was not prepared for her awesome/strong team. Since she retained her music (which was even somewhat remixed) it gave me a huge moral boost when I first fought with her, and clearly lost. But it was fun! ^^

pkmin3033

I was pleased to see her...and hear her awesome pre-battle and battle themes again. Cynthia is easily my favourite Champion in terms of character design and music, so it was nice to see her again...even if I did take her down as easily as I did in DPPt. She's the most challenging of the Champions, but that isn't saying very much really. xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I've only fought her like one time... like a month after B/W release... oops. I should go challenge her again. >.>

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
Years
It makes me pretty sad, because I'm only now getting to play gen 4 and get to know the awesomeness that is Cynthia, therefore I didn't feel anything either way when she showed up. D: I want Cynthia to be my Sempai.

Years
I found it cool to see her in the game again, and although I never battled her ingame yet I still find it awesome when older-gen characters cameo in a newer game.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I liked that she was there, quite a surprise really. So when i went up to talk to her, all excited to see what she had to say, i very shocked when we went into battle and I proceeded to to just get curbstomped by her, my team was in no way prepared for her and I haven't recovered since. still can't get myself to battle her after that. ;-;

On a brighter note, like i said it was awesome she was there and I like that they've continued doing that to a degree! :)

Back