• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Factions

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Pokemon Factions

This thread is mainly so I can get a better idea on how I should proceed to create this game and to ask for advice.

Pokemon Factions will be a change from the usual Pokemon formula. I want it to feel more like a quest based RPG, while still being about catching and training Pokemon. This game will contain multiple factions that the player can join, although just one can be chosen per playthrough. They will all have unique perks and downsides if you choose them, having your choices impact the story. This will be no small undertaking, but it's a project I've had in mind for quite a long time.

Features:
    Spoiler:

Starter:
    Spoiler:

Factions:
    Spoiler:

Plot: (So far, I'm busy mapping the first area)
    Spoiler:

So that's my idea so far. I would love feedback and if you guys could answer some of my questions below. To anyone interested in helping me take on this project, let me know.

Questions for community:

1. I am currently using RMXP with Pokemon Essentials. Would you suggest I continue using this, or would rom hacking be an easier path? (Would the faction system be too advanced for roms?)
    2. Do you guys think this project is doable? Am I wasting my time?
    3. Who would you suggest as a starter?
    4. Some critique on the story and factions?
    5. General advice moving forward.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    1- continue with pokemon essentials .
    2- you are not wasting your time i like the idea of factions .
    3-i suggest sewaddle as starter.

Olra-Wolfry

Is actually a computer monkey.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    Letsee, a flying type starter bird... I don't think that any other starter would work- either the typing of the Pokemon strong or weak against it that fits in a triangle would either be extremely weaker or stronger against it basestat-wise. Sorry.

On terms of the program, Pokemon Essentials is the go-to.

Years
  • So the town is close to the sea umm.... how about a mudkip yes a mudkip or a horsea I thought about this for like 5 minutes XD. About the story, I think it is involving the factions too much maybe so it might affect the character a lot at the start. What I mean is that the player's mom gets killed by the dark soldier's faction..oh wait the synth soldeirs are like another group or are they of the same faction? Scratching that off I was about to say how about just doing 2 or 3 factions since maybe it will be a little too much complicated to maintain a stable story with 4 factions. But the factions have different ideas and it is really cool so you should stay with it. Ugh I was about to say more but then I think but this already has a great plot is like your pokemon game is making me contradict itself >.< It's making my brain go 50/50 (lol). Keep up the good work.

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
    Years
  • I really like the idea of factions! Already know which one I'd pick!

My suggestion for a starter would be Bunnelby even though it only has two stages, but I base that solely on liking the Pokemon.

Back