• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has the Anime Changed Your Opinions of Any Pokémon?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Are there any Pokémon that you didn't like before seeing them portrayed in the the anime, but now you do? Or that you did like prior to watching them, but now you don't? Perhaps you didn't like Dedenne because it looked too similar to Raichu, but now it's one of your favorite Pokémon because you saw how awesome and funny it is with Bonnie :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Leavanny !
    I used to think Leavanny are cool & awesome until I saw Ash's Leavanny .

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yes, there's quite a few. Off the top of my head, one of them would have to be Staraptor. When I was first introduced to this Pokémon in-game, I wasn't too fond, as it sort of seemed like Pidgeot to me, but only with different color-scheme. Once I had managed to see it in the anime, though, its design differences, such as extra bulkiness, really began to show, and that's when it started growing on me. Personality-wise, they're also pretty brave, usually, which I believe a Pokémon like this should be.

Alongside, another is Mime Jr. Its design didn't look too good to me when I had first seen it, but once I've gotten the chance to view it in anime, its general appearance started to make sense, so to speak, and that's when I became a fan.

Years
  • I used to not like Buizel much, but then Ash's Buizel changed all that with his smugness which really made me start to love him more.

Also, my love of Oshawott would not have been as recognized had it not been extremely cute. It was the anime (particularly his voice + cute faces) that made me fall in love with the little guy.

Years
  • YES. I didn't care for Chespin much at first but the moment I saw it in the anime something "clicked" and I've not looked back since. He's now one of my favorites and I happily await every episode where the little guy shows up.

Thank you, PokeAni!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I used to be neutral with this branch of this pokemon family, I actually kind of like Eevee and the eeveelutions now because of how it was portrayed with Gary, and especially with Virgil! Cause of how they were in the BW saga, they were really awesome, and I couldn't wait to see more of em'!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Same here, I've always got to catch a pikachu now just because of the anime.

I've always had the same opinion of Pikachu in general, but prior to watching 800+ episodes of the anime, I thought Pikachu was an extremely valuable and rare Pokémon (because mascot). After watching the episodes, however, and seeing Pikachu in all of them, it seems like any other common Pokémon to me because I've grown so used to it :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    I don't hate the electric rodent, but I certainly don't like it. It was cool and cute for the first few series, but as time goes on and you know it will always be in boy wonder's party, it becomes so uninteresting and dull. Especially now in the XY series, where it's gotten the glory in both gym battles, and will get glory in the next one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Zangoose !
    The first time I found that pokemon in Rudy version , I said ''What a Cool Pokemon , I have to catch it ""
    However After seeing it couple of time in Anime , I no longer find Zangoose to be cool .

Years
  • The Treecko line. I used to think it was pretty meh. Then I saw it in the anime and realized how awesome they are. So much that, next to Charizard, Sceptile is one of my favorite fully evolved starters.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    I used to hate Muk for over a decade but ever since I seen how sweet he was to Ash & Professor Oak I fell in love with him

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Absolutely! Though, that mostly happened with a number of the TRio's Pokemon. Victreebel, Cacnea and Carnivine, all loveable and huggable to boot. Weezing, Arbok and Seviper are utterly amazing, and made me love Poison-types so much more.

And lastly, of course... Dustox. <3 So cute in the anime, I never had a favorite Bug-type until Dustox came along. From never even giving the Poison Moth a second thought, to wishing Nintendo would make plushies of the cutie. </3

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Well, Houndoom's Special Delivery made me love Houndoom even more back in the day. Such an evil badass Pokémon can also be very caring and lovable. ^^

Years
  • Definitely. I've only watched the first three episodes of Indigo League, and already I love Caterpie. He kinda annoyed me while playing the games, but seeing how Misty treated him really irritates me and makes me sympathise with him more :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I always loved Pikachu but that love sorta skyrocketed when I started watching the anime again, oops. Also Infernape, Pansage,Lucario (sorta), Stunfisk, Hawlucha, are all Pokemon that I really like more now because of the anime. And I'm pretty sure there are plenty more as well!

Back