• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's 1:15, not 1:30!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Actually I have one of those ugly clocks on my desk that tells the date, day of the week, and reads the temperature in my room and it's pretty crappy. It runs fast because even when I set it to be in sync with my phone and laptop it jumps ahead a few minutes after a while... like as I'm typing this is 9:07 but it's reading 9:09. My watch is reading the same time as my clock too, meh. :(

Years
  • Most actual clocks I use (iPhone, watch, iHome alarm clock, etc.) set themselves so I don't have to worry about setting them too often. I do still have to change my watch back and forward for daylight savings time, though.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • My watch tends to fall about two to three minutes behind every couple of months or so, which is usually enough of a difference to throw me off. Luckily, I've learned to believe in my phone when I'm in a rush to class, eheh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My alarm clock is fast and I occasionally have to reset the time on it, but otherwise no. My pocketwatches aren't massively reliable unless I manage to rewind them diligently, but for as long as they are wound they keep time perfectly. I don't follow the (lack of) logic of changing the time displayed on clocks. If you need to be up five minutes earlier, set your alarm five minutes earlier, don't change what the time is set to unless you really want to be fed misinformation. I don't adjust anything for DST, because it's a silly practice, especially in the modern world. Although I let my PC adjust its clock automatically so I at least have something to let me know when everyone else decides to arbitrate the time because they just can't handle the idea of 6AM being dark or something. Workplaces could just have a timesheet basically saying "come in and leave an hour later in summer", but no.

I am always precisely on time, but my contacts are frequently late or early; depending on the time of year because I refuse to acknowledge daylight saving time
    Good on ye!

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • One of my digital clocks are quite late at showing time (15 mins late), mostly because it was powered by the electricity. Usually it desynchronized a bit when there was a blackout.

Years
  • I thought this thread was about ratios. I am disappoint.

I don't like checking my phone for the time: too much effort, watches are better.

All the clocks in the house are set to the same time. Whenever the power goes out we set to the time on our phones, so there is consistency. Analogue times may be out by 1 or 2 minutes, but nothing to stress over.

Clocks can be great decorations. I recently got myself a Kit Cat Clock, which is amazing. :D
    Spoiler:

People still use clocks? I have decorative clocks in my room for good looks, don't even bother setting them. I mean I gotta phone for that, and it sets itself. I don't even set the clock in my car.

Does that mean you use your phone to check the time whilst driving?! For shame.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I remember being late for one meeting once because I thought it was still early.

My watch had stopped so when I had glanced at it, I thought I still had two hours to prepare.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The digital clock in my room always moves ahead of time. I don't know what causes clocks and timers to be behind or ahead, but I believe they may have came from different time zones rather than our own.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • A couple of clocks in our house (or things that tell the time) are set an hour back because my family haven't bothered changing the time for daylight savings. On top of that some of them are even 10 minutes back and they are different on each time telling object. So I more or less just rely on my phone or laptop to tell me the time. My parents purposely leave their alarm clock 10 minutes early so they'd wake up on time though.

Years
  • I used to keep my clocks a few minutes ahead, like five or ten minutes ahead, mostly just to try to trick myself into thinking i had more time. 'oh god it's this time but i actually have a few more minutes so i'ma relax whew.'

Now all my clocks either set themselves or are my computers, so if they're either fast or slow then something's wrong and I get worried.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I rarely set the clock in my room so it's often off by x amount of hours depending on what time it was the last time we had a black out or something or when daylight savings time hits. So right now it's about 2 hrs and 5 minutes ahead which I've become adjusted to haha. Otherwise I just seem to adjust myself in general to clocks that I see everyday so it's never really a problem for me and if I'm ever uncertain there's the time on my phone ... when it's near me and not dead. :b

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • My alarm clock is set 10 minutes faster than the actual time. I use it for time management to try and make me get to places on time by leaving earlier but it doesn't really work because I know that the clock is fast?
    My phone and other digital devices set themselves automatically so that's fine! But the clock in my kitchen doesn't have batteries and has been set at 3.10 for as long as I can remember.

Back